[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

On 5/3/2021 at 12:01 PM, FatherOfGold said:

Gigan XL doesn't work with the fairings. The solar panels are ripped off when decoupling the fairings if the vehicle is accelerating at all. If the vehicle is stationary you can decouple the fairings without issue. Also, Gigan to TMI, with full payload and ore is within the payload capacity of an RTLS Ghidorah 9. Is that expected? With full payload and ore it weighs ~14 tons. I am attaching the solar panels at the little dots on the utility head.

pqNbk8M.png

How did you get access to the Gigan XL? Its coming out in V5.0 which isn't released yet.

5 hours ago, ninthninja05 said:

How did you get access to the Gigan XL? Its coming out in V5.0 which isn't released yet.

Beta's are there to be tested. Not to use in your every day save game. Things can and will break on github from time to time. So be aware of what you are doing and don't forget to make back-ups.

hi!!! is tundra space center compatible with KSRSS??

On 5/10/2021 at 9:38 PM, damonvv said:

Yes. These are listed in the Extra_ResourceDefaults.cfg

Just for information i've find the solution,, I have installed modular fuel tanks and than I modified the volume of the tank in : Extra_ModularFuelTanks+RealFuels.cfg 

I'm using this mod with RO, and the RCS blocks work with the nitrogen from default in the booster, however I'm not sure about the RCS on the upper stage.  The tooltip says it requires Liquid fuel and oxidizer.  Also nitrogen is not available in stock real fuels tanks.  What am I missing?  The upper stage should have some kind of control.

On 5/10/2021 at 2:35 PM, OdyBN said:

Just some screenshots

screenshot25.png?width=1202&height=676

screenshot20.png?width=1202&height=676screenshot22.png?width=1202&height=676

Woah absolutely stunning. Quick question, How did you change the soot level on the first stage, and how did you get the decals of the worm and lettering on all the stages?

@JacobPF9Hi, I have tried to modify the second stage decals inserting nasa logo and and the nasa red write...I've saved the original dds image for the second stage tank in tiff, edited in paint and then converted again in dds, after many try I've made it. But I don't know how to do the same with the first stage. The texture of the first stage seems to be the same of the kartoffelkuchen mod but I'm not sure of that anyway I'll try to do the modification on the first stage

Edited by davide96
Missing tag

9 hours ago, JacobPF9 said:

Woah absolutely stunning. Quick question, How did you change the soot level on the first stage, and how did you get the decals of the worm and lettering on all the stages?

i don't remember what to do for the decals, but in the VAB and in flight there is a "Toggle Soot" option.

2 hours ago, davide96 said:

@adsuriI've got it modified the texture of the first and  the second stage and everything it's perfect, in the first stage I've added the nasa worm logo and the spacex logo, and on the second stage nasa worm logo and nasa symbol. If you want I can try to share the dds file @damonvv

No thanks. I have some ideas myself.

11 hours ago, davide96 said:

fantastic i'll wait for the originals, Ive done it just for fun...have you got a pseudo release date for v5??

Not really. But don't expect a new update within atleast a month or two

On 5/12/2021 at 11:09 PM, JacobPF9 said:

You can change the exposure of the soot image to make it look lighter/darker and the decals are done using conformal decals.

7 hours ago, OdyBN said:

You can change the exposure of the soot image to make it look lighter/darker and the decals are done using conformal decals.

I'm trying to use conformal decals but I don't understand  =(.... I will become crazy in front of the pc, can you help me please?

9 hours ago, davide96 said:

I'm trying to use conformal decals but I don't understand  =(.... I will become crazy in front of the pc, can you help me please?

Maybe better to move this to another thread?