[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

17 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

@damonvv I have been playing with the waterfall config for the Superheavy Raptor Cluster to give it a more realistic touch instead of the sci-fi  magenta - red . It begins with the initial blueish-white noozle then to yellow and ending with a green touch (the green is to represent what it is usually happening with raptors when they do a rich combustion and it starts eating the bell) 

EDIT- I forgot to mention that I also added Waterfall to the one-engine mode, the effects are exactly the same apart from the scale. The scale for the one-engine mode is 0.8 and the scale for the allengines mode is 1.2

Its......beautiful:blush:

35 minutes ago, YouvebeenhitbyRUD said:

Just quick question, for the craft files in the mod some do require other mods then the dependencies. Can somebody list them for me?

Thanks-

Nope. The unknown part modules glitch isn't doesn't actually affect the crafts.

Try saving them in the vab.

12 hours ago, Feellikeapple said:

are there any logos for the ghidorah heavy? cuz i cant seem to find them on the fuel tank variations

The GH logo is only on the interstage!

6 hours ago, YouvebeenhitbyRUD said:

Im not just talking about the "Unknown modules" I am also talking about the Rideshare and other craft files where it has "Missing parts" warning.-Sorry I didn't specify. 

What parts are you missing?

Introducing, Gigan XL! A new spacecraft that will make its way to Tundra Exploration!
Gigan XL will come in V5.0. I don't have any release date planned because I want to add a few more things to v5.0 before I release it (see roadmap).

sR0UU4x.jpg

5 minutes ago, damonvv said:

Introducing, Gigan XL! A new spacecraft that will make its way to Tundra Exploration!
Gigan XL will come in V5.0. I don't have any release date planned because I want to add a few more things to v5.0 before I release it (see roadmap).

sR0UU4x.jpg

Yes!

I am having a problem with the Rodan capsule. Everyime I enter atmosphere it tips over on it's side. To be clear, I am talking about the Rodan capsule+Pico Heathshield (I think that's the name of the silvery heathshield) no other parts attached (well...yes, parachutes and a docking port)

I've installed the Realism Overhaul configs, and although the Dragon 1 and 2 are working just fine, as well as all parts for Falcon 1, Falcon 9, and Falcon Heavy, the parts for Gojira / MK4 are still non RO.

The BFR Tail Fin is also still in the game.

11 hours ago, JustCreepo said:

I've installed the Realism Overhaul configs, and although the Dragon 1 and 2 are working just fine, as well as all parts for Falcon 1, Falcon 9, and Falcon Heavy, the parts for Gojira / MK4 are still non RO.

RSS RO patches are not up to date. They are still being made.

51 minutes ago, alberro+ said:

Publicly, I don't think so, but Nessus has some.

Yeah I saw Nessus  using the starship in his Jupiter video but I couldn’t find any configs so I decided to ask here. It’s very sad that there are no public configs...

17 hours ago, damonvv said:

sR0UU4x.jpg

That looks so beautiful!

14 hours ago, Sesshaku said:

I am having a problem with the Rodan capsule. Everyime I enter atmosphere it tips over on it's side. To be clear, I am talking about the Rodan capsule+Pico Heathshield (I think that's the name of the silvery heathshield) no other parts attached (well...yes, parachutes and a docking port)

Best to remake the craft file or get the one that comes with the mod. That should fix it!

13 hours ago, JustCreepo said:

BFR tail is there because apparently people use it for stuff. Starship RO configs are in work but it is a slow process 

Gigan XL doesn't work with the fairings. The solar panels are ripped off when decoupling the fairings if the vehicle is accelerating at all. If the vehicle is stationary you can decouple the fairings without issue. Also, Gigan to TMI, with full payload and ore is within the payload capacity of an RTLS Ghidorah 9. Is that expected? With full payload and ore it weighs ~14 tons. I am attaching the solar panels at the little dots on the utility head.

pqNbk8M.png

Edited by FatherOfGold

1 hour ago, FatherOfGold said:

Gigan XL doesn't work with the fairings. The solar panels are ripped off when decoupling the fairings if the vehicle is accelerating at all. If the vehicle is stationary you can decouple the fairings without issue. Also, Gigan to TMI, with full payload and ore is within the payload capacity of an RTLS Ghidorah 9. Is that expected? With full payload and ore it weighs ~14 tons. I am attaching the solar panels at the little dots on the utility head.

Dragon XL is supposed to launch on Falcon Heavy. So it makes sense to fly it with Ghidorah Heavy. The panels clip only a tiny bit. They are free from any colliders as far as I know. They don't rip off at sep while the vehicle is accelerating. Make sure your docking port is clipped enough inside the nose of Gigan XL. That will give you enough space at the top.

7 hours ago, FatherOfGold said:

pqNbk8M.png

Wait it's released? 

On 5/3/2021 at 4:43 AM, damonvv said:

sR0UU4x.jpg

Is that docking port also part of TE 5.0? Or is it Benjee10's APAS? 

I keep having an issue where the Dragon (all versions) will disappear when i try to move them at all. When they disappear they aren't interactable at all and still show up as an object so i can put any more "original" parts. What can I do to fix this?

On 02/05/2021 at 17:43, damonvv said:

sR0UU4x.jpg

This is going to be really cool!

I'm having a problem with the CARGO TRUNK from Crew / Cargo dragon V2 ... he should disengage from the capsule but this option does not appear in the part menu or in the stages.
I've tried using the mod in a clean install and it doesn't work either. Am I doing something wrong?

Improvisation with other decouplers ... it helps when it comes to playing but diminishes the beauty of the mod:/

2 hours ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

Essa porta docking também faz parte do TE 5.0? Ou é o APAS do Benjee10? 

I also had this doubt ... but to me it seems to be from Tundra. (hoping so kkk i love new docking ports)

5 hours ago, JacobPF9 said:

I keep having an issue where the Dragon (all versions) will disappear when i try to move them at all. When they disappear they aren't interactable at all and still show up as an object so i can put any more "original" parts. What can I do to fix this?

Make a clean craft file.

5 hours ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

Is that docking port also part of TE 5.0? Or is it Benjee10's APAS? 

It’s from Benjee

3 hours ago, KallangoVerde said:

This is going to be really cool!

I'm having a problem with the CARGO TRUNK from Crew / Cargo dragon V2 ... he should disengage from the capsule but this option does not appear in the part menu or in the stages.
I've tried using the mod in a clean install and it doesn't work either. Am I doing something wrong?

Improvisation with other decouplers ... it helps when it comes to playing but diminishes the beauty of the mod:/

I also had this doubt ... but to me it seems to be from Tundra. (hoping so kkk i love new docking ports)

Do you have animated decouplers mod installed? Sadly it is not an option in staging. You need to right click the part and then decouple.

6 hours ago, damonvv said:

É de benjee

Wow ... the angle of the photo makes it look like a new docking port

6 hours ago, damonvv said:

Você tem o mod de desacopladores animados instalado? Infelizmente, não é uma opção na encenação. Você precisa clicar com o botão direito na peça e então desacoplar.

Yes yes ... I made a point of observing this before. I installed it first using CKAN and then manually. Tonight I'm going to test it again to make sure, if it doesn't work I will warn you here and send you the necessary files. GameLog is what you need ... right?