[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

9 hours ago, Kadermonkey said:

I am timewarping, but the RCS animation is playing. I do not know what caused this glitch to occur, so I dont know how to recreate it, but here is a screenshotunknown.png

its a waterfall bug, happens all the time for me

@PART[TE2_19_SS_Crew_Pod]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
  @TechRequired = giganticRocketry
}

@PART[TE2_19_SH_Engine]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
}

@PART[TE2_19_SH_Interstage]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
}

@PART[TE2_19_SH_Tank]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
}

@PART[TE2_19_SS_AFT]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
}

@PART[TE2_19_SS_CARGO]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
}

@PART[TE2_19_SS_FF_L]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
  @TechRequired = experimentalRocketry
}

@PART[TE2_19_SS_FF_R]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
}

@PART[TE2_19_SS_Fuel_Tank]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
}

@PART[TE2_19_SS_RF_L]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
}

@PART[TE2_19_SS_RF_R]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
}

@PART[TE2_21_SN8]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
}

@PART[TE2_19_BFS_SL_RAPTOR]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
}

@PART[TE2_19_SS_RPTR_VAC]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
}

I created a config adding the Gojira parts to the Community Tech Tree for my own personal use, and wanted to share in case anyone else needed it. Everything you need for the SN8 prototype is unlocked a node earlier than the proper Starship.  :wink:

I'm not super familiar with the KSP Forums' rules, so please let me know if there's anything else I need to do to be able to share this patch.

5 hours ago, Starslinger999 said:

There a config for a JNSQ Scale solar system I hate having to use Gidorah Heavy to get my Crew Rodan into orbit lol

It’s already balanced for JNSQ, crew Rodman has plenty of margin on just Ghidorah 9, to the point where it can nearly be done with an RTLS booster landing.

You may be putting too much mass on your capsule (11 tons is about how much it should mass IIRC), or try to fly a more efficient flight profile (close to vertical with S1 when doing RTLS to avoid much of a boostback burn, or regular with droneship- your entry burn can handle the heating)

1 hour ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

It’s already balanced for JNSQ, crew Rodman has plenty of margin on just Ghidorah 9, to the point where it can nearly be done with an RTLS booster landing.

You may be putting too much mass on your capsule (11 tons is about how much it should mass IIRC), or try to fly a more efficient flight profile (close to vertical with S1 when doing RTLS to avoid much of a boostback burn, or regular with droneship- your entry burn can handle the heating)

Im using one with no payload and no crew just a small probe core and docking port on top and I fall short of orbit even expending the booster

Just now, Starslinger999 said:

Im using one with no payload and no crew just a small probe core and docking port on top and I fall short of orbit even expending the booster

Interesting. I'm not sure how to approach this (in a way other than looking for a bug) than asking for a few screenshots of your attempts.

I would be wary of the cargo storage inside the Rodan, it's possible that you have a few hundred units of ore weighing you down.

On 7/17/2021 at 1:07 AM, Clamp-o-Tron said:

Interesting. I'm not sure how to approach this (in a way other than looking for a bug) than asking for a few screenshots of your attempts.

I would be wary of the cargo storage inside the Rodan, it's possible that you have a few hundred units of ore weighing you down.

Its structural when I tested it and it cant enter low 100km orbit

• 2 weeks later...