[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

1 hour ago, EndAllFilms said:

Sadly Damon stopped working on Starship stuff because starship is under kari´s managment now

Who is Kari? Maybe I missed something but I haven't seen or heard anything of the sort. Pretty sure Damon is taking a vacation from modding during the summer.

7 hours ago, EndAllFilms said:

Sadly Damon stopped working on Starship stuff because starship is under kari´s managment now

There was no announcement about that. Kari expressed not long ago that soon his mod woill no longer depend on Tundra. And the Roadmap is still as Damon left it, as he announced he was taking a break for summertime.

Edited by adriangm44

I see my name around here (It's Kari, not Karin as in this account but doesn't matter lol)

I'm a new modder with no experience at all, I decided to do a starship mod which began as personal use only but I decided to share because people were asking for it. It's not that Tundra Starship changed management, it's more like Damon doesn't want to do it and it turns out I started mine so it's everything he needed to give up on something that doesn't give him joy anymore (his words on his discord). It's true that my mod requires tundra but the only reason why is because the amazing plugin that correctly actuate starship flaps exists here, but the same person responsible for it is doing a version for me as well. And of course because tundra is the only mod for stock that has starship (That I'm aware of) our configs are very similar but as time goes by they should be going different ways. 

If you want to take a look at Non-Stable early versions, here's a link to it: https://github.com/Kari1407/Starship-Expansion-Project
Don't expect the same quality of Tundra, this is a constant WIP

On 3/8/2021 at 6:51 PM, Giancarlo Kerman said:

yes I do, for now though, im staying with the Lf/o rather than the methalox, would rather enjoy the game right now than risk breaking something else

were you ever able to solve what the issue was? I'm having the same issue. I have RR, CRP, and cryotanks, I have rockets that I've launched that burn methalox, but there is no option on starship (gojira) or the booster.

I'm back!!

After a long break it is time to work on TE again!

First of all, many thanks to @Karin for making the Starship as a standalone mod. It has been my intention to do it as well but after many years of working on it I didn't felt the motivation to revamp it another time. That said, I will slowly remove Starship from TE. But don't worry, I won't remove it right away. It will take some mods for many of you to switch over and wait for Kari to finish their mod first.

Secondly, I have a new update! TE v5.1 has been released with a few minor changes:

Version 5.1.0
- Updated Real_names.cfg
- SH RCS Switchable between cold and hot gas
- Added Variant to disable TopBase SL Raptor
- Added Variant to disable TopBase VAC Raptor
- Added toggle engine action for Ghidorah Octopus engine

Lastly, I want to thank you all for continuing the support in this mod. Been modding for almost 4 years and I hope I can do it for many years to come! I have updated my roadmap with new and exciting projects I will be working on in the coming weeks/months.

Happy launches!

Hello everybody. I use the Tundra Exploration mod and I really like Starship, but its old version MK3 (BFR) is missing in the mod, but only the fresh MK4 (Starship 2019). I really like the Gojira MK3 due to its design. I consider it appropriate in the game to have several versions of Starship at once, since the game takes place in a completely different universe. How can I install Gojira MK3 without installing an older TE version? P.S. Author of the mod, please do not delete Gojira MK4 in its current form, I really like it too. The modern version of Starship and SuperHeavy looks much worse.
K3qaKLH.jpg

For some reason it won't work with my game, I have all required mods, and it shows the folder things in the advanced part pick thing. Is there something interfering or something? edit: fixed. accidentally just put the whole file in instead of taking them out.

Edited by Thefalcon808
fixed

6 hours ago, OXIDE35 said:

Hello everybody. I use the Tundra Exploration mod and I really like Starship, but its old version MK3 (BFR) is missing in the mod, but only the fresh MK4 (Starship 2019). I really like the Gojira MK3 due to its design. I consider it appropriate in the game to have several versions of Starship at once, since the game takes place in a completely different universe. How can I install Gojira MK3 without installing an older TE version? P.S. Author of the mod, please do not delete Gojira MK4 in its current form, I really like it too. The modern version of Starship and SuperHeavy looks much worse.
K3qaKLH.jpg

Kind of a homemade fix but you can try and copy the Mk3 files from an older version and paste them into a new one

I don't know if it's just my game but the Dragon Heatshields don't act like the stock heatshields. They're basically just good for the ablator because they don't have a "lifting surface". This causes the Dragon Capsule to turn on its side on re-entry. Just wanted to know if it's just my file that's bugged or if it's everyone that's having this problem because I have a fix for this.

1 hour ago, Kraken that doesn't exist said:

just wondering when will the new fin placement be added

In this mod, propably never. Starship modding has been handed over to @Karin https://discord.gg/HCXX8HwB

On 8/15/2021 at 11:48 AM, damonvv said:

First of all, many thanks to @Karin for making the Starship as a standalone mod. It has been my intention to do it as well but after many years of working on it I didn't felt the motivation to revamp it another time. That said, I will slowly remove Starship from TE. But don't worry, I won't remove it right away. It will take some mods for many of you to switch over and wait for Kari to finish their mod first.

Edited by adriangm44

I have a question about the engines. When I switch engine modes on the Falcon 9 booster and I'm pretty sure on Super Heavy aswell, the DeltaV on the staging panel doesn't show anymore. I was wondering if this will be fixed in the future or not. I mean it's not like a game breaking problem and I can get on fine without it but it would be more convenient if I was able to see how much DeltaV I have left when landing.

23 hours ago, MrMusk said:

Hi, I did everything in order, but the command pods don't show up for me in the part picker. I can see the landing legs and the glenn leg mount. I am on 1.12.2. Why is this?

The legs are part of the Kerbal Reusabilty Expansion mod so my guess is that you probably did something wrong while installing Tundra Exploration itself

I'm here (probably again) to report about the little "bug", not only from your mod, but anyone adding some "Custom Part List" file:

each time the game is loaded, the game add a new istance of the list: I'm ending with dozen of your your mod category, after a while...

As "ModuleManager" is basically an hardcore dependency for many of them, I think that could be more "friendly user/coding etiquette" to add some MM "logical command", if they could work, alike "@"(edit) or "%" (edit-or-create) or something similar (I'm not very MM capable, aside basic modification-usage) to just updating the same category and part list, rather than use the actual "plain version" that had the issue to add multiple one, one for each time the game is loaded...

Dunno if MM can handle it, because the stoc cfg file is updated/reloaded on the fly, like a craft one, each time VAB or SPH is exited, but if it could, that should easily solve the "duplication bug".

Each time I had to hunt down wherever one of those file is placed/named, as not every modder has an unique way to name the corresponding cfg file.
(If MM is unable, at least put it in some "Extra" folder, out from the main one that goes into the "GameData" one, to let the user know that it could be used, but also it could lead to some "issues")

On 9/3/2021 at 8:28 AM, davide96 said:

I'm trying ke karin starship but it is uncontrollable, well textured and well made, but, uncontrollablle while discending in the earth atmosphere and in the final descend for the landing. tends to flip, roll and pitch (upp and down) even whith RCS on it is uncontrollable

@Karinthanks

That's not enough info and this is not the place since it's Tundra's post, I have a discord server for that, there's a lot of people that are able to help you besides me, link's on github. When you ask there, make sure you share with us if you're using RO or Stock and if you're using the latest update, as it improved the flaps in stock a lot. Starship is very sensible, so it takes a while to find its limits

1 hour ago, Araym said:

I'm here (probably again) to report about the little "bug", not only from your mod, but anyone adding some "Custom Part List" file:

each time the game is loaded, the game add a new istance of the list: I'm ending with dozen of your your mod category, after a while...

As "ModuleManager" is basically an hardcore dependency for many of them, I think that could be more "friendly user/coding etiquette" to add some MM "logical command", if they could work, alike "@"(edit) or "%" (edit-or-create) or something similar (I'm not very MM capable, aside basic modification-usage) to just updating the same category and part list, rather than use the actual "plain version" that had the issue to add multiple one, one for each time the game is loaded...

Dunno if MM can handle it, because the stoc cfg file is updated/reloaded on the fly, like a craft one, each time VAB or SPH is exited, but if it could, that should easily solve the "duplication bug".

Each time I had to hunt down wherever one of those file is placed/named, as not every modder has an unique way to name the corresponding cfg file.
(If MM is unable, at least put it in some "Extra" folder, out from the main one that goes into the "GameData" one, to let the user know that it could be used, but also it could lead to some "issues")

I had this some time ago, IIRC if you go to Gamedata/Squad/PartList you will find a file for each duplicate category, just delete them. My folder only has a readme and a SimpleIcons folder for reference.