[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

On 2/13/2021 at 5:04 PM, KSPNoob said:

Is there a trick to landing the Starship?  For me either it nose dives or when I retract the front fins it spirals out of control.  Do I need to have the control surfaces set a certain way? IE pitch yaw roll?

When I'm bellyflopping in the atmosphere, I always have my fins inverted at 45 degrees, with pitch, roll and yaw all activated, and the authority all the way up, on every fin. This makes for the best control in an atmosphere;p.

On 2/13/2021 at 3:27 PM, damonvv said:

Starship revamp is planned.

Really??

I'm looking forward to it, no matter how long it takes:happy:!!

Edited by SpaceX_Boi

On 10/27/2017 at 8:47 AM, damonvv said:

• If your Mk4 is black. Make sure your KSP settings have shaders enabled (settings on the homescreen).

Where exactly is the shaders setting?

14 minutes ago, KSPNoob said:

Is there a trick to landing the Starship?  For me either it nose dives or when I retract the front fins it spirals out of control.  Do I need to have the control surfaces set a certain way? IE pitch yaw roll?

I retract both fins for the bellyflop, use two engines to flip it back vertical, then once its completely vertical I bring the fins back to 0 degrees

10 hours ago, Likasombodee said:

Is there a config to make these rockets work in a RSS solar system but with stock fuels?

Don't install RealFuels.

2 hours ago, KSPNoob said:

You need to action group the deploy button on the fins in pairs: the forward ones as one pair, the tail ones as one pair. (Do not do sides as pairs, do not turn on their normal steering responses. Their orientation makes those useless and N/A.) Then you treat them like airbrakes, not elevons. Try to avoid yaw, and RCS is sufficient for roll and helping with pitch in atmo. Starship is a vertical craft, not a horizontal one so always treat it as VTOL. That's how you pilot Starship.

21 hours ago, SpaceX_Boi said:

I'm looking forward to it, no matter how long it takes:happy:!!

11 hours ago, adriangm44 said:

This is extremely exciting :D:happy:

Check my roadmap. It is there but not something that will be done within the next few months.

Hey, I've got a problem while using FMRS. When I reload the save to land the Ghidorah 9 core the second stage engine is clipping through the interstage and that creates an explosion that ruins the mission, even the first stage is ruined and I can't procede with the mission. Does someone know how to fix that? The Ghidorah Heavy also has a similar problem, where when I reload the FMRS save the side boosters explode.

5 hours ago, vbrauber said:

Hey, I've got a problem while using FMRS. When I reload the save to land the Ghidorah 9 core the second stage engine is clipping through the interstage and that creates an explosion that ruins the mission, even the first stage is ruined and I can't procede with the mission. Does someone know how to fix that? The Ghidorah Heavy also has a similar problem, where when I reload the FMRS save the side boosters explode.

I would suggest changing one of the FMRS settings- go into the stock difficulty settings and the FMRS tab, then change “Timer Stage Delay” up from 0.2 to close to the maximum, to allow time for those stages to clear the rest of the rocket.

31 minutes ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

I would suggest changing one of the FMRS settings- go into the stock difficulty settings and the FMRS tab, then change “Timer Stage Delay” up from 0.2 to close to the maximum, to allow time for those stages to clear the rest of the rocket.

Thanks mate!!!

3 minutes ago, IsaQuest said:

Hey! Great mod! I just have one question. Did you change the Gojira MK3 at all in the last few updates? I wanted to fly it again but The textures were messed up. Is it somethibg wrong in my install?

I removed the Mk3. Please don't use these parts as I will remove them from the mod completely in the next update. Currently they are depreciated. They can only be activated with an old craft file.

On 2/13/2021 at 5:13 PM, Heliocentric said:

Where exactly is the shaders setting?

It's in the settings on the homescreen. Go to the the graphics settings, and turn up the reflection refresh mode to activate the shaders. :) 

4 hours ago, EndAllFilms said:

Hey when are you guys release the Lunar Starship and can you make the Starship launch tower please?

Check my roadmap. Currently I’m not planning to make those. I need more info as these things are still possible to change.