[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

hi, I'm encountering problems with real chute, when I place the chute on the pod I move them inside the pod, but when I heve to deploy them...they remain stowed and the message is : PARACHUTE DEPLOYMENT FAILED. REASON : PARACHUTE IS IN FAIRINGS.

can some one help me???

ok am nub. i cant get the flaps on gojira to work properly. they only move a few degrees unless I deploy them. changing authority limter and angle do nothing for normal control just change how they deploy. how does one get full range of motion?

4 hours ago, davide96 said:

hi, I'm encountering problems with real chute, when I place the chute on the pod I move them inside the pod, but when I heve to deploy them...they remain stowed and the message is : PARACHUTE DEPLOYMENT FAILED. REASON : PARACHUTE IS IN FAIRINGS.

can some one help me???

I solved, by unistalling FAR because it's incompatible and I wasn't able to deploy the chute when they are placed inside a part

I solved, by unistalling FAR because it's incompatible and I wasn't able to deploy the chute when they are placed inside a part

The thing is you pretty much need FAR to land the first stages of Falcon and Starship in one piece. (With MechJeb)

Edited by adriangm44

@damonvvhi, I have a little problem, my crew dragon capsule is not stable during the reentry....so intead of pointing retrograde, position itself (during the reentry) with the nose cone pointing up. why? is this happening only to me? The reaction wheel isn't powerful enough?

Edited by davide96

3 hours ago, davide96 said:

@damonvvhi, I have a little problem, my crew dragon capsule is not stable during the reentry....so intead of pointing retrograde, position itself (during the reentry) with the nose cone pointing up. why? is this happening only to me? The reaction wheel isn't powerful enough?

That's caused when you have a very steep reentry, try to smooth it by trial and failiure until you get the perfect steepness

7 hours ago, adriangm44 said:

That's caused when you have a very steep reentry, try to smooth it by trial and failiure until you get the perfect steepness

The elevator for the astronauts was like....OMG perfect. 

I'll try to do that, I'm playing with a ksp stock system but rescaled up at 10.6x and during the re-entry the speed it's like 7200 m/s

11 hours ago, adriangm44 said:

as you can see the rcs are trying to keep the capsule on prograde, the re entry path isn't too steep (-300 m/s), the pitch control is completely down trying to keep the prograde vector without success....

how can I solve?? modifying the CFG file? @damonvv @adriangm44KHpuGL8.png

7 hours ago, davide96 said:

The elevator for the astronauts was like....OMG perfect. 

Thank you! It's not perfect but that's all I can do for now.

how can I solve?? modifying the CFG file? @damonvv @adriangm44

KHpuGL8.png

I honestly don't know how things work on a scaled Kerbol system, I should probably need more details about the descent, what's your reentry path?  Send a video so I can have a better look of what you're doing.

Also this could be helpful if you're playing in a scaled version: 

The part you look for is in minute 25:10 but it would be interesting for you towatch the most part of the video.

Modifying the CFG files? You could try, in my opinion, reaction wheels are just a bit too low for them to push a vessel within the atmosphere, but that's up to you, I would recommend pitch and yaw to 10 and roll to 6

Edited by adriangm44

4 hours ago, adriangm44 said:

Thank you! It's not perfect but that's all I can do for now.

I honestly don't know how things work on a scaled Kerbol system, I should probably need more details about the descent, what's your reentry path?  Send a video so I can have a better look of what you're doing.

Also this could be helpful if you're playing in a scaled version: 

The part you look for is in minute 25:10 but it would be interesting for you towatch the most part of the video.

Modifying the CFG files? You could try, in my opinion, reaction wheels are just a bit too low for them to push a vessel within the atmosphere, but that's up to you, I would recommend pitch and yaw to 10 and roll to 6

I'll try to make a video, but I can say that this happen even in the stock system at the original scale and if I  remove the SAS and RCS during the reentry entry the capsule start to rotate in all the directions.. The unbalance is present in the atmosphere too at the end of re entry.

27 minutes ago, Kreator2312 said:

Hello !
Are there any plans to integrate the Starship Tanker into this mod ?
Thanks in advance for your answers (sorry for my bad english)

Not that we know of. Also you could just put a fuel tank inside a cargo starship nosecone and disable opening the nose cone.

1 hour ago, Kreator2312 said:

Hello !
Are there any plans to integrate the Starship Tanker into this mod ?
Thanks in advance for your answers (sorry for my bad english)

Yeah just put some fuel tanks inside, even if they don’t fit, you can still drag them inside through the fairing bottom.

PS: You’re English was perfect, you don’t have to say sorry about that cause you’re at least trying. Most of us are from different countries and English isn’t our first language. I even had to google how to say PS (post script) myself. So don’t worry, we all make mistakes. Keep up!

1 hour ago, adriangm44 said:

Yeah just put some fuel tanks inside, even if they don’t fit, you can still drag them inside through the fairing bottom.

PS: You’re English was perfect, you don’t have to say sorry about that cause you’re at least trying. Most of us are from different countries and English isn’t our first language. I even had to google how to say PS (post script) myself. So don’t worry, we all make mistakes. Keep up!

I admire you for these messages...you are one of the best persons I've ever seen 

Edited by davide96