[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

5 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

Why not just use the Cargo BFS and fill the cargo bay with Kerbodyne tanks?

Not a bad idea except I really want to have a Butt to Butt docking. I have also tried doing that and you can't dock the cargo bay.

On 6/1/2018 at 5:24 AM, Natokerbal said:

Not a bad idea except I really want to have a Butt to Butt docking. I have also tried doing that and you can't dock the cargo bay.

Oh, that :) 

WGS6uIa.jpg

That's actually 3 BFS plus a F9 core booster attached to a Mun station :confused:

You can do it with the BFS stack decoupler - it is also a docking port. The only little problem is, it's somehow upside down - so when you do "control from here", anti-target is your actual target. A little annoying, especially if you are using e.g. the docking port alignment mod, but nothing dramatic.

Edited by infinite_monkey
Apparently I'm too stupid to post an image here

1 minute ago, RocketScientist said:

Does the Gigan not have plumes for the RCS yet, or did I install something wrong?

I... don't know? I will check this tomorrow morning.

25 minutes ago, Sufficient Anonymity said:

To add to @RocketScientist's comment, whilst I've not updated to the most recent version (note to self: do that ASAP) I've noticed the Gigan not having any RCS plumes too.

This is good to know, I'll investigate now.

On 6/2/2018 at 2:00 AM, RocketScientist said:

Does the Gigan not have plumes for the RCS yet, or did I install something wrong?

On 6/2/2018 at 4:48 PM, Sufficient Anonymity said:

To add to @RocketScientist's comment, whilst I've not updated to the most recent version (note to self: do that ASAP) I've noticed the Gigan not having any RCS plumes too.

I found the problem and it has been fixed thanks to @JadeOfMaar. I will update it somewhere later this week with some small improvements to the fairings.

XE9W8nE.png

10 minutes ago, notJebKerman said:

@damonvv Are you still planning to add Antares and Cygnus? They'd be great competition complementation to F9 and Dragon...

Btw, love the new B5 textures!

Yes yes, I have more free time now so I have lots planned! &)

11 minutes ago, Barzon Kerman said:

@damonvv if you add parachutes to the Rodan could you add a notch above the hatch for a parachute part to go in? Like this: 

Hide contents

bHwK8md.jpg

I don’t have plans to add a parachute on it.

On 6/4/2018 at 9:49 PM, The Kerbal King said:

Do you have any plans to integrate this with the Community Tech Tree?

I don’t use CTT so I have no idea if it works or how to support it, but if people know how to I would appreciate it if they make a config for it and I will happily include it!

Is the Second stage tank supposed to explode when the new fairing separates. Just FYI its around 45,000-50,000m with the second stage engine running. Thanks in advance, I love the mod.

Edited by Natokerbal

7 hours ago, Natokerbal said:

Is the Second stage tank supposed to explode when the new fairing separates. Just FYI its around 45,000-50,000m with the second stage engine running. Thanks in advance, I love the mod.

No haha, I fixed it in an upcoming patch, which also includes the Gigan RCS FX fix.

Edited by damonvv

Is the mass of the F9 fairings and attachment point realistic? It adds quite a lot... Also, the BFR booster command pod is more massive than the BFS cargo pod. Is this intentional?

Right now I'm trying to make a SpaceX-style Duna mission. First obstacle: The BFS crew hatch is pretty high up. How do I get them to the ground? And how do I bring cargo to the ground? Sure, I could have everything in the cargo pod in orbit and use a sky crane to bring everything to the surface, but that's not SpaceX style, is it? Any ideas?

On 6/7/2018 at 4:01 PM, Nibb31 said:

Any tips on getting a decent semi-automatic landing with the BFS ? With MechJeb or something ?

MechJeb's Landing Autopilot might work, or alternatively you can do what I do with my first and second stages (I've fitted recovery hardware to both) and just dump them into the atmosphere whilst not focused on them, and let Stage Recovery's powered recovery take care of the rest.

After F9 is done, which it is in the next little patch that will come out tonight, I will start fully revamp BFS/BFR. Meaning probably a new model, textures, IVA, handling. Lots to come!

Tundra Exploration version 1.1.3.1 is out!

- Fixed Gigan RCS FX
- Fixed fairing colliding with 2nd stage
- Updated .craft files
- Added version checker to Tundra Technologies for the future.

Get it here!

l8YZLta.png

Edited by damonvv