[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

12 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

The 2.5 m cuboid container which has a volume of 16000 l fits in the cargo bay pretty nicely, so you could subtract that from the 48000 l and have a remaining storage of 32000. Since the ISC-6K is a little higher than the cargo part of the BFS, I would go for 30000 liters.

So buff the BFS's volume from 4000 to 30000? Seems right, granted its sheer size vs the cargo box.

15 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

Currently, the BFS offers no Supplies at all, since there is a typo in the Extra_USI.cfg: the name there is TE_18_BFS_CcommandPod. According to the config, it should have 25000 supplies. That supports 8 Kerbals for 289 days, so that's pretty close for getting to Duna. BUT if you enable life support (meaning recycling is enabled), that goes up to 6 years and 337 days. Seems a bit exaggerated... .
I guess for real Mars missions, some of the supplies will be brought up by the cargo BFS first. So I guess, 4000 supplies would be realistic. Or maybe 8000 if you want to go to Duna, stay a little there and get back without any additional supplies.

I found the typo. There was an extra 'c' in 'command' in the part name.

The idea is for BFS to easily support crew to Duna so I'll set 8000. For gameplay value, this can be set to half-full by default so the player can opt to leave that as is and send up a food tanker.

19 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

The Rodan, on the other hand, only holds 264 supplies. For 4 Kerbals, this only gives you 6 days worth of supplies, which doesn't even bring them back from Minmus without starving. I don't know which would be better: more supplies or adding a recycler.

This can be left to whether players are willing and able to provide for the EC demands of a recycler by the time they unlock the Rodan pod, or if they'd rather cram supplies into it. I may opt for more Supplies then it may be trivial to just add enough battery to last a while. Give me a number to raise the Supplies amount to. Alternatively, if @damonvv prefers recycler capacity I'd like him to make that known.

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I found the typo. There was an extra 'c' in 'command' in the part name.

This can be left to whether players are willing and able to provide for the EC demands of a recycler by the time they unlock the Rodan pod, or if they'd rather cram supplies into it. I may opt for more Supplies then it may be trivial to just add enough battery to last a while. Give me a number to raise the Supplies amount to. Alternatively, if @damonvv prefers recycler capacity I'd like him to make that known.

Yeah I marked the c red ;)

I would set the supplies to maybe 550, which should be enough for 12 and a half days. As far as I know, the Soyuz brings a little bit of supplies to the ISS, so I guess the Crew Dragon will do that, too. And one can always add a recycler to the cargo trunk, which I guess is a more realistic option than having everything inside the capsule.

AU8Ei3a.jpg

Version 1.2.0

- Added new Gojira parts (2018 BFR)
- Added new Rodan parts (2018 Crew Dragon)
- Added more new plumes (By @JadeOfMaar and @Nessus_)
- Changed Ghidorah 9 textures slightly
- Balanced some parts
- Cleanup configs
- Fixed SMURFF support
- Fixed Ghidorah Heavy decoupler (now uses Animated Decouplers)
- Fixed Ghidorah 9 interstage being wobbly
- Fixed antenna being in wrong tab
- Fixed Ghidorah fairing

This release should work on KSP versions from 1.3.1 to 1.5.x+. Just make sure you install the right dependencies versions for the right KSP version. All dependencies are listed in the OP.

uvBNCsF.png

Happy launches!

Edited by damonvv

12 minutes ago, HotVector said:

I finally got around to posting these awesome pics:

Album gallery/fk1zrpA will appear when post is submitted

Also, @damonvv, the CKAN version doesn't appear to be updated yet. Is it managed by you, or is it some third party?

I think @blowfish updated the previous one. Although CKAN is probably not going to work as some dependencies are not on CKAN.

Just now, HotVector said:

Aaaand the stock craft file for the BFR doesn't work....

EDIT: I am on KSP 1.4.5

Ah yes.. they don't work on previous versions sadly... What you can do, is open up the craft file in any text program, and change the "1.5.1" to "1.4.5". That might work!

8 hours ago, Kroslev Kerman said:

does it work with DeadlyReentry??

I don’t know.

8 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

Anyone else having trouble landing the BFS? It has a weird tendency to go sideways when going retrograde at relatively low speeds.

You only flip around 2-3km above ground and at 230m/s. Any faster and it starts to roll yes.

2 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Yaaaas! Finally I can play with the 2018 BFR!

(I mean, I could have played with it before. But I decided to wait until it fully released)

Since I’ll only get to play with it later, I need to ask @damonvv: Does it have an IVA yet?

Sorry but no :( but now I have this released, all my focus is on finishing that! (Yes I started modeling and texturing)

Just now, HotVector said:

The main problem I am having with landing is the landing legs getting all wobbly(even with auto struts) when they touch the ground.

That's KSP physics. Nothing I can do to prevent that :( 

12 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

Anyone else having trouble landing the BFS? It has a weird tendency to go sideways when going retrograde at relatively low speeds.

I just noticed the AFT parts create A LOT of lift, causing you to spin at <1km. I will investigate

3 hours ago, HotVector said:

The main problem I am having with landing is the landing legs getting all wobbly(even with auto struts) when they touch the ground.

Interesting. I don't have that problem at all. I must admit that the ship I was trying to land was already in orbit when I did the update and still had the old supply values. Maybe it was a little too nose-heavy. I'll fill the aft tanks with ore and see what happens ;)

On 10/26/2018 at 9:24 PM, damonvv said:

Fixed SMURFF support

AFAICT, with SMURFF the tanks have a way too much dry mass right now, so I guess some SMURFF patches are not kicking in for Tundra like they are for other mods. I'll try to investigate this once I find some time spare time :)

9 minutes ago, Marandil said:

AFAICT, with SMURFF the tanks have a way too much dry mass right now, so I guess some SMURFF patches are not kicking in for Tundra like they are for other mods. I'll try to investigate this once I find some time spare time :)

Cool! I don't use SMURFF so I'm not sure if everything works.. :/