[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

1 hour ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Could you possibly direct me to that download? I've never used TU before so I don't really know what I'm doing - when I installed TU all of the Starship parts were a shiny black instead of silver.

Have you made kerbal use opengl? I think TU needs that.

Page 99! So close to 100!

34 minutes ago, Meso said:

Hello! My Starsip from the beta version looks much darker than other people. I did install Unlimited Textures, but it hardly reflects anything, and its so dark that its like it has a heatshield on both sides.

That's because your TU settings are wrong. If you hit esc and go to the difficulty settings, under TU you make sure the reflections are all set. Also in the settings for KSP itself you have to turn on the "reflection refresh mode". I advise using "Low". Only then you will see the reflections.

Edited by damonvv

1 minute ago, Xd the great said:

@damonvv If I want to run a RSS game without RO, what configs and mods should I use?

Depends how big Kerbin/earth is. If the planet is as big as the stock one you are fine with the current configs. My mod supports up to 2.7x scale

Edited by damonvv

6 hours ago, Xd the great said:

@damonvv If I want to run a RSS game without RO, what configs and mods should I use?

You'll primarily want SMURFF which enables all parts to have their stockalike (excessive) dry masses shaved down to proper, lower masses and (I think) their thrust and Isp tuned to be more playable. For a decent mod list you'll have to find someone else who plays as you're aiming to play. I wish you good luck with that. It seems like a very rare thing or such players may be scattered and far apart.

10 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

He said without payload (and/or without heat shield and landing legs) Starship is SSTO-capable.

As it so happens! ... I'm doing some re-balancing on the parts right now (Super Heavy engine thrust buff and tank volume buffing for the most part... a lot of tank volume (1/3) is actually missing in the current beta vs up-sized Kerbodyne tanks) and I just confirmed expendable SSTO Starship without Super Heavy in 2.7x scale. But... The Methalox Engine patch must be active. It won't happen on LFO.

@damonvv @JadeOfMaar I've been trying for a while, but I can't seem to get Starship's shiny metal finish to work. I made sure that my copies of both the TE beta and TU were up to date, and made sure that all of the reflections were turned on in the settings, but the ship is still shiny black instead of shiny metal. I'm not sure what it is I'm doing wrong - is there an add-on pack for TU that I need to download, or do I need to force OpenGL for it to work?

4 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

@damonvv @JadeOfMaar I've been trying for a while, but I can't seem to get Starship's shiny metal finish to work. I made sure that my copies of both the TE beta and TU were up to date, and made sure that all of the reflections were turned on in the settings, but the ship is still shiny black instead of shiny metal. I'm not sure what it is I'm doing wrong - is there an add-on pack for TU that I need to download, or do I need to force OpenGL for it to work?

I have no idea. For me and many others it works. I don't really know what is messing your install/settings.

1 hour ago, Natokerbal said:

Cargo pod is accurate according to spacex. and make sure ur fins aren't inverted they should retract toward the shiny side.

They do but people use the fins wrong. Pitch/yaw should only be active when the fins are retracted

3 hours ago, Willem_Alexander said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SKwJlI8VNT40iNbEaAzqW9hgUS3mn5CX/view?usp=sharing

auto level for the landing legs do not work. are you working on this? it takes half an hour to precisely adjust the legs to the surface.

(open link for the image)

Not sure what is happening there. They work for me. Nothing happens when you retract the legs first and then hit the auto level button?