[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

Is there an RO config or a tweak scale that I can use to make the engines fit on the KK launchers pack Falcon 9? I've seen videos of such (linked) but I cant find these. Link here:

Edited by JacobPF9
Clarification

6 hours ago, JacobPF9 said:

Is there an RO config or a tweak scale that I can use to make the engines fit on the KK launchers pack Falcon 9? I've seen videos of such (linked) but I cant find these. Link here:

I usually make stuff tweakscale-able by going into the .cfg for that part and pasting the following just inside the last closing bracket. 

MODULE
	{
		  name = TweakScale
		  type = free
	}

You must have tweakscale installed. 

For those having problems loading the Ghidorah 9 craft files. If you go into the craft file and change the version from 1.7.1 to 1.8.1 it loads fine. KSP doesn't seem to like loading the earlier version I think.

Worked for me anyway.

On 6/8/2020 at 6:16 AM, Superluminaut said:

I usually make stuff tweakscale-able by going into the .cfg for that part and pasting the following just inside the last closing bracket. 

MODULE
	{
		  name = TweakScale
		  type = free
	}

You must have tweakscale installed. 

Not working for me. Did I do this correctly?

RESOURCE
    {
        name = ElectricCharge
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 0
        isTweakable = false
        hideFlow = true
    }
        MODULE
    {
         name = TweakScale
         type = free
    }

@JacobPF9 Replacing the entry "rescaleFactor = 1.0" at the top of the file with "rescaleFactor = 1.464" should do it. Though you could also just choose to use the rescaled version provided with KK launchers which scales the rockets to the same size as Tundra, 2.5m.

Wish I was able to do such a gorgeous plume as well damonvv:cool:

On 6/10/2020 at 5:37 AM, Kartoffelkuchen said:

@JacobPF9 Replacing the entry "rescaleFactor = 1.0" at the top of the file with "rescaleFactor = 1.464" should do it. Though you could also just choose to use the rescaled version provided with KK launchers which scales the rockets to the same size as Tundra, 2.5m.

Thanks for the tip!

Edited by JacobPF9

22 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

I considered making separate Merlins and an empty octaweb but then I would sacrifice the plume expansion and since I rather go for esthetics I will probably just stay with the octaweb being one part. But those plumes were brought to you by @Nessus_ and @JadeOfMaar &)

On 6/13/2020 at 1:12 AM, Superluminaut said:

A note for anyone else searching for a solution to the aerodynamic actuator problem. I can confirm they don't work, and there is no fix. 

I don’t know if I understood your message correctly, but I also have problems with aerodynamics. HER NO! The rocket stage and the BFR practically ignore the atmosphere and do not want to start to slow down.

This mod is broken

Edited by OOM

15 minutes ago, OOM said:

The rocket stage and the BFR practically ignore the atmosphere and do not want to start to slow down.

This mod is broken

Everything works fine for me, I think I can safely say it's not broken. 

Maybe try reinstalling?

Little update:

I have been working on remodeling every Ghidorah 9 part to fit the stock dimensions (Mine were 32 sided instead of 24).
While doing so I added tons of details to all the new parts!

I updated my roadmap to show my current progress and the new version numbers I will use.

yF7Zyux.jpg

nafDmxc.png

I hope to get the last few things done in the next few days!

5 minutes ago, damonvv said:

Little update:

I have been working on remodeling every Ghidorah 9 part to fit the stock dimensions (Mine were 32 sided instead of 24).

I updated my roadmap to show my current progress and the new version numbers I will use.

yF7Zyux.jpg

nafDmxc.png

Looks rad! 

Also, what exactly does "fit the stock dimensions" mean"?

Also#2, Will this break existing crafts?

Edited by alberro+

24 minutes ago, alberro+ said:

Looks rad! 

Also, what exactly does "fit the stock dimensions" mean"?

Also#2, Will this break existing crafts?

While modeling the parts. I used a 32 sided cylinder instead of 24 like all the stock parts use for 2.5m stuff. Minor detail but has to be done.

No it won’t break crafts!

9 minutes ago, damonvv said:

While modeling the parts. I used a 32 sided cylinder instead of 24 like all the stock parts use for 2.5m stuff. Minor detail but has to be done.

No it won’t break crafts!

Ohh, that makes more sense. Thanks for the clarification.:D

P.S, I hope it doesn't break the RSS textures. 

Edited by alberro+

On 6/14/2020 at 5:36 PM, damonvv said:

Little update:

yF7Zyux.jpg

nafDmxc.png

Sorry to ask so soon, but when might this be released?

13 hours ago, alberro+ said:

"I hope to get the last few things done in the next few days!" I think is a pretty good answer. Releases are usually just "whenever I get it done".

On 6/16/2020 at 6:26 AM, alberro+ said:

Once I finished everything for the 2.0 update. (Nothing major. I switched to a new version numbering system so people stop getting confused about TE versions vs KSP versions). Progress can be followed here: https://trello.com/b/kIaopWmm/tundra-exploration-roadmap