[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

hey I am making /trying to make a new mod but i cant get the models right im sorry for asking this but can you maybe dm on discord and tell me? again i am so sorry

49 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

When should I stage the falcons boosters

around when there is 1400 m/s delta v left if you are going to recover it

Edited by Outsoldier

I am having trouble with the latest version. My TWR is showing as 0.14 on Ghidorah 9 + Fairing. The rocket is unable to liftoff the pad. Several of the other rockets have TWR < 1. As far as Mods I have all the required mods installed. In addition I am using SIMPLEX tech tree, custom pre launch checks, distant object enhancement, kberal engineer, Kerbal joint reinforcement, kOS, MechJeb, Real plume, SMokeScreen, Trajectories, and vapor vent. I've tried a couple uninstalls and fresh reinstalls. 

Stage 4 with the main engines shows a dv of only 194 m/s. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Edited by siouxper
additional info

9 minutes ago, alberro+ said:

It works perfectly on its own. Unless you meant making it overpowered for JNSQ, there are some RSS configs.

The thing is that it can’t make it into orbit while landing the booster. Every time I have to use infinite fuel.

Just now, Emilius73 said:

The thing is that it can’t make it into orbit while landing the booster. Every time I have to use infinite fuel.

Hm, I've never had this issue. Usually the second stage can make up for the early separation. 

You should leave about 1,400 m/s of dV on the first stage as a minimum line.

1 minute ago, alberro+ said:

Hm, I've never had this issue. Usually the second stage can make up for the early separation. 

You should leave about 1,400 m/s of dV on the first stage as a minimum line.

I do, and I can pull off an RTLS landing with my ascent profile. The upper stage doesn’t make it to orbit though.

3 minutes ago, Emilius73 said:

I do, and I can pull off an RTLS landing with my ascent profile. The upper stage doesn’t make it to orbit though.

Besides that, even a very conservative rendezvous with my station completely drains the Rodan’s tank.

56 minutes ago, Emilius73 said:

Besides that, even a very conservative rendezvous with my station completely drains the Rodan’s tank.

Hm, I'm not sure what could be happening. You could just keep using infinite fuel.

3 hours ago, DylanSemrau said:

@Emilius73 The mod is balanced to 2.7x stock scale and works fine for me, so you may be simply pushing everything beyond their capabilities or just flying an inefficient flight profile maybe?

What profiles do you use? I just launched a Rodan to a station and it didn't make it without infinite fuel. The thing is I use a very steep ascent and descent path to land a booster with Mechjeb.

Edited by Emilius73

2 minutes ago, Emilius73 said:

What profiles do you use? I just launched a Rodan to a station and it didn't make it without infinite fuel

As Dylan said, the whole mod is designed to work in a 2.5/2.7x scale Kerbin, so something is very wrong.

It would be helpful to know what other mods you're using, as well as seeing some screenshots.

4 hours ago, AlphaMensae said:

As Dylan said, the whole mod is designed to work in a 2.5/2.7x scale Kerbin, so something is very wrong.

It would be helpful to know what other mods you're using, as well as seeing some screenshots.

Well, I got things like FMRS, KSC Extended, JNSQ, Real Plume, Launch towers pack, Modular Launchpads, and MechJeb for ascent and landing.

The thing is, I use MJ for landing with the steep ascent/descent paths because I haven't found a better way for auto landings, and I'm not skilled enough to land the thing manually (precisely that is, on a landing pad or droneship).

Edited by Emilius73

Spoiler

TDtGiej.png

AkpUB8M.png

VPTyLEq.png

BQXMdiI.png

bEzRQ3r.png

bJ8qAj3.png

tnAR25k.png

2 hours ago, Emilius73 said:

Well, I got things like FMRS, KSC Extended, JNSQ, Real Plume, Launch towers pack, Modular Launchpads, and MechJeb for ascent and landing.

The thing is, I use MJ for landing with the steep ascent/descent paths because I haven't found a better way for auto landings, and I'm not skilled enough to land the thing manually.

That's certainly off, but I would suggest testing without MechJeb.

Side note, Is it really that hard to land manually? Not once have I ever used mods to land my boosters. 

Edited by alberro+

3 hours ago, alberro+ said:
  Reveal hidden contents

TDtGiej.png

AkpUB8M.png

VPTyLEq.png

BQXMdiI.png

bEzRQ3r.png

bJ8qAj3.png

tnAR25k.png

That's certainly off, but I would suggest testing without MechJeb.

Side note, Is it really that hard to land manually? Not once have I ever used mods to land my boosters. 

The thing isn't just landing the boosters. It's landing them precisely on a landing pad or droneship. That's the hard part.

On 6/18/2020 at 11:46 AM, siouxper said:

I am having trouble with the latest version. My TWR is showing as 0.14 on Ghidorah 9 + Fairing. The rocket is unable to liftoff the pad. Several of the other rockets have TWR < 1. As far as Mods I have all the required mods installed. In addition I am using SIMPLEX tech tree, custom pre launch checks, distant object enhancement, kberal engineer, Kerbal joint reinforcement, kOS, MechJeb, Real plume, SMokeScreen, Trajectories, and vapor vent. I've tried a couple uninstalls and fresh reinstalls. 

Stage 4 with the main engines shows a dv of only 194 m/s. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Found the solution... Uninstall Tundra and all of its dependencies (I believe Module Manager was causing the issue). Reinstall all dependencies and then reinstall Tundra. Worked fine for me afterwards. Kerbal engineer still showing a TWR of only 0.20 but this time the rocket is able to takeoff and reach orbit once the strongback is decoupled. 

Can someone help me again?

It's a similar case as @Emilius73's one. My second stage can make it to orbit though and I'm not using JNSQ.

I read that this parts are overpowered and are meant to be used in a scaled kerbol system. Well, I'm using stock and when I launch Falcon 9 with Crew Dragon, my first stage booster will only take me to 40km (or so) in the atmosphere. I could actually burn further, it could even take me to 80km into space but then it won't have enough delta-v to land the booster onto the droneship or on the launchsite.

That looks sorted until I start using Mechjeb, which doesn't sem to work properly as I don't have a high enough altitude. I honestly don't understand why, because this guy in this video makes it to 100km into space and still land the booster. That's not my case though.

Any thoughts? I'd appreciate the help. Thanks.

Edited by adriangm44

10 hours ago, adriangm44 said:

Can someone help me again?

It's a similar case as @Emilius73's one. My second stage can make it to orbit though and I'm not using JNSQ.

I read that this parts are overpowered and are meant to be used in a scaled kerbol system. Well, I'm using stock and when I launch Falcon 9 with Crew Dragon, my first stage booster will only take me to 40km (or so) in the atmosphere. I could actually burn further, it could even take me to 80km into space but then it won't have enough delta-v to land the booster onto the droneship or on the launchsite.

That looks sorted until I start using Mechjeb, which doesn't sem to work properly as I don't have a high enough altitude. I honestly don't understand why, because this guy in this video makes it to 100km into space and still land the booster. That's not my case though.

Any thoughts? I'd appreciate the help. Thanks.

Try reinstalling Tundra and Module Manager. 

I had a bit of an issue today regarding TWR, and reinstalling fixed everything.

Also, It'd be great to see that extended fairing concept that Elon posted a couple months ago.

bc4e1a64-d6e0-4731-8e6d-815ee2b7d8b1-Screen_Shot_2020-02-28_at_14.18.20.png?crop=533,533,x233,y0&width=150&height=150&fit=bounds

On 6/18/2020 at 9:01 PM, Emilius73 said:

Space is hard.. and you need to be more precise ;)  It also really depends how high your station is!

On 6/19/2020 at 7:12 AM, Emilius73 said:

Also @damonvv Is Tundra v2.0 on your Github?

Not fully. Some things are not working on the git right now

3 hours ago, alberro+ said:

Also, It'd be great to see that extended fairing concept that Elon posted a couple months ago.

bc4e1a64-d6e0-4731-8e6d-815ee2b7d8b1-Screen_Shot_2020-02-28_at_14.18.20.png?crop=533,533,x233,y0&width=150&height=150&fit=bounds

At this point I stopped doing concept stuff from SpaceX like Starship. I rather wait to see it happening and then make it

5 hours ago, alberro+ said:

Try reinstalling Tundra and Module Manager. 

I had a bit of an issue today regarding TWR, and reinstalling fixed everything.

Okay @alberro+ I'll try that thank you. What's the normal TWR that I should be having in stock kerbol system? Also, do you know whats the max payload (in Kg) for each the falcon 9, the Falcon Heavy and the Mk4 Starship??

Appreciate it, thanks mate!