[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

e8zHyIN.jpg

Tundra Exploration v5.0
has been released with A LOT of new stuff!

Many thanks to @ValiZockt for making many new plugin additions to improve the gameplay experience.

Version 5.0.0:
- Added Gigan XL parts
- Added TundraExploration.dll plugin by Vali
- Added ModuleTundraRaptor to gimbal out of the way (action group)
- Added ModuleTundraRCSAnimation for your every day warning needs
- Added ModuleTundraEngineSwitch for all your 3 engine landing needs
- Added a new decouple module for your Ghidorah Heavy decouple needs
- Added a new plugin to actuate Gojira fins
- Added new soot levels on Ghidorah
- Added waterfall configs to Rodan
- Added real names config by Jeronimo
- Tweaked Gigan solar panel colors
- Tweaked Rodan docking port texture
- ModuleSootyShader is now ModuleTundraSoot
- Fixed Falcon 1 fairing side tech tree to Basic Rocketry
- Fixed Rodan re-entry orientation
- Removed Mk3 stuff from configs
- Removed old plugin

Download links in the OP.

Happy launches!!

2 hours ago, damonvv said:

e8zHyIN.jpg

Tundra Exploration v5.0

Many thanks to @ValiZockt for making many new plugin additions to improve the gameplay experience.

Version 5.0.0:
- Added Gigan XL parts
- Removed old plugin

Happy launches!!

yeeeeessssss

update already WTH?

2 hours ago, damonvv said:

e8zHyIN.jpg

Tundra Exploration v5.0

Version 5.0.0:
- Added Gigan XL parts
- Removed old plugin

Happy launches!!

But you said not for a few months!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Rocketry101 said:

update already WTH?

But you said not for a few months!!!!!

Gojira Mk 5 (SN15), LADEE, and Octopus Revamp were moved from V5.0 to V6.0. I guess Damon changed their mind about what should be in the update. We appreciate it though! Better to have a bunch of new content now so that we can get used to the new parts than to have a ton of new stuff all at once. 

1 minute ago, ninthninja05 said:

Gojira Mk 5 (SN15), LADEE, and Octopus Revamp were moved from V5.0 to V6.0. I guess Damon changed their mind about what should be in the update. We appreciate it though! Better to have a bunch of new content now so that we can get used to the new parts than to have a ton of new stuff all at once. 

Ahh i see.. I agree though. Also whats berersheet lander on roadmap?

also whats visual mod used for all the TE pics @damonvv

1 hour ago, ninthninja05 said:

The Beresheet lander is in upcoming features. It was an Israeli unmanned lunar lander that crashed on the moon due to a guidance or engine failure.

Israel's Space Module Beresheet has successfully entered Moon Circle before  the moon's landing next week – Okklu

Huh,

why in te tho

Edit:oh it's in tt

Edited by editor99

10 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Sadly yes, I guess. The guy who produced them, I hardly seem him online anymore. :( And too few people find it in them to learn to make configs.

I'm one of those few people, couldn't find configs for the latest version so i installed the RO configs and looked at the files and tried to replicate them for new parts. But I only managed to get Dragon XL, Cargo Dragon 2 and the extended fairing to work.

But then i stopped playing RO because my laptop cant run it higher than 10 fps and the loading times are 15+ minutes...

Edited by TheRealMK245

11 hours ago, Rocketry101 said:

Ahh i see.. I agree though. Also whats berersheet lander on roadmap?

also whats visual mod used for all the TE pics @damonvv

TUFX mostly! And the beresheet lander launched on a F9 so..

11 hours ago, ninthninja05 said:

I am still working on Mk5. Although these new updates have been finished already and I didn’t really saw a point in waiting much longer

Some things broke (at least in my game) with the newest update, specifically action groups as shown in the picture. I had 1,2,3,4 set to control each flap, and then brakes to toggle yaw pitch and roll. but all those are gone and the names for yaw pitch and roll are broken for some reason.

Myid0vh.jpeg

@TomfooleryYT, the action groups are gone, as a new fins module was introduced. So that is expected.

Nevertheless, It seems like KSP can't find the specified localisation strings. Which game version you're running? There may were some changes on SQUADs side between updates. If that is the case best is to dump localisation and just use english titles for the next update, if that's not the case try verifying your files via Steam.

4 hours ago, ValiZockt said:

@TomfooleryYT, the action groups are gone, as a new fins module was introduced. So that is expected.

Nevertheless, It seems like KSP can't find the specified localisation strings. Which game version you're running? There may were some changes on SQUADs side between updates. If that is the case best is to dump localisation and just use english titles for the next update, if that's not the case try verifying your files via Steam.

I've been using 1.8.1 for.... a long time now. it's just the best one for all of the mods that I'm using.

I will say, it looks like the fins work better than they used to, so kudos for that. but the starships did lose a lot of their maneuverability due to my action groups being deleted. 

Edited by TomfooleryYT

5 hours ago, TomfooleryYT said:

I've been using 1.8.1 for.... a long time now. it's just the best one for all of the mods that I'm using.

I will say, it looks like the fins work better than they used to, so kudos for that. but the starships did lose a lot of their maneuverability due to my action groups being deleted. 

I don’t think you are able to set new action groups after launch. I think that has been a new feature in like 1.9 or 1.10?

I need help.

I wanted to download just the octopus engine part of this mod but when I delete everything except the octopus engine the texture is just gray.

The only thing I have left is inside the Ghidorah nine folder and they are

• TE_19_F9_S1_Engine.cfg
  • TE_19_F9_S1_Engine.dds
  • TE_19_F9_S1_Engine.mu

Is there a texture folder that I should be keeping so I can keep the texture.

3 hours ago, Basesixty said:

I need help.

I wanted to download just the octopus engine part of this mod but when I delete everything except the octopus engine the texture is just gray.

The only thing I have left is inside the Ghidorah nine folder and they are

• TE_19_F9_S1_Engine.cfg
  • TE_19_F9_S1_Engine.dds
  • TE_19_F9_S1_Engine.mu

Is there a texture folder that I should be keeping so I can keep the texture.

Unfortunately doing things like this will always break somthing. I have tried doing this with other mods and it breaks the game so nothing I know off

4 hours ago, adriangm44 said:

Does someone know a MM patch for being able to deploy parachutes inside fairings? (Rodan doesn't include chutes, so I have to snap them inside and they won't deploy because it's inside the part)

What’s MM?

EDIT: I’m dumb it’s probably module manager.

Edited by IsaQuest

I don't know what happened but...

Last night I could land my Starship without Ferram Aerospace Research, I used to have it installed and I recall being able to land it anyway. I just uninstalled FAR because it was messing up with the Trajectories mod, which I very much need to land right on the spot calculating the drag force. So I decided to uninstall it and all perfect, just last night that made possible a perfect landing.

PROBLEM VIDEO WITH STARSHIP REENTRY WITH FARhttps://youtu.be/cFINHV6WdQo

HOWEVER, the Super Heavy doesn't seem to do very well without FAR, every time I'd set up a Mechjeb landing, starts burning all engines, then I'd change to the center only option.... it just won't handdle it, crashes into the ground lighting up the engines too late.

So my question is... Why was I able to land the Starship with FAR before and no longer can I?

I have two options... to find a solution to land Starship or to find one for landing Super Heavy...

Help?

1 hour ago, adriangm44 said:

Last night I could land my Starship without Ferram Aerospace Research, I used to have it installed and I recall being able to land it anyway. I just uninstalled FAR because it was messing up with the Trajectories mod, which I very much need to land right on the spot calculating the drag force. So I decided to uninstall it and all perfect, just last night that made possible a perfect landing.

HOWEVER, the Super Heavy doesn't seem to do very well without FAR, every time I'd set up a Mechjeb landing, starts burning all engines, then I'd change to the center only option.... it just won't handdle it, crashes into the ground lighting up the engines too late.

So my question is... Why was I able to land the Starship with FAR before and no longer can I?

I have two options... to find a solution to land Starship or to find one for landing Super Heavy...

Help?

The Starship controls are changed. It works much better now in stock but it needs way more tweaking. FAR is still not supported by default.

59 minutes ago, damonvv said:

The Starship controls are changed. It works much better now in stock but it needs way more tweaking. FAR is still not supported by default.

I recall landing the Starship with FAR even though it wasn't supported back then either... is there a way I could find some patches or make them for myself? Or just any other solution would do for me.

16 hours ago, adriangm44 said:

Help?

I would recomend just putting an ore tank in the top of the nosecone, stopped it flipping backwards for me