[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

Hello @damonvv! I've been researching about mipmaping dds files and I can't get them to work on my personal decals for F9-FH.

9Uxwi32.pngI'm using GIMP 2. 

Can you help me with the export configs? What optiond do you think it should have to work?

PS: I know about layers, DDS don't accept them, there's only one layer (I used yours as template and the assets are already flipped upside down)

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to install this with my RO install, but I doesn't seem to work.     I went to CKAN and downloaded the mod, booted up the game and can't find any of the parts that are supposed to be there.  ;.;    I copied the RO files into the corresponding categories in the "Gamedata-Tundra Exploration" folder   (Eg; versioning files into the versioning files folder).       None of the dependencies that were installed with CKAN show up either.    I probably made a stupid mistake, so feel free to tell me what it was.:confused:

P.S.    (Actually, please do tell me what I did wrong so I can try to fix it)

P.P.S.    The fact that my name is Tundra is a complete coincidence.

Edited by Tundra
It was a coincidence.

Odd question,  but is there an older version that includes ITS? and would it work with the latest version of ksp?

On 11/30/2021 at 3:43 PM, Gwilides said:

Hello.  Please tell me what to do if the rocket falls apart at the start?  And also why there are no reflections on the rocket (I installed textures unlimited, and there is a metal surface in the vab).  Hope for helpqhgUi2t.pngCMswBDA.png

Autostrut every part

On 11/30/2021 at 3:43 PM, Gwilides said:

Hello.  Please tell me what to do if the rocket falls apart at the start?  And also why there are no reflections on the rocket (I installed textures unlimited, and there is a metal surface in the vab).  Hope for helpqhgUi2t.pngCMswBDA.png

First, with the starship breaking apart on ascent, that can be fixed with autostruts, real ones if the autos don't work.

The second problem may be because of reflection refresh, this shouldn't be set to "Off" or "Low".

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

BACKUP YOUR SAVE BEFORE INSTALLING!!!!!!!
This version will hopefully not break your save. Make sure to retire any Gojira craft before you do!

Today, I have released V6.0!

This version will sadly see the move to fully deprecating  the Gojira fleet. I see no motivation to continue this ship and thereby retire it.
Luckily, @Kari has made their own awesome Starship! You can find more details here:

@EritoKaio has also made their own version of Starship which also utilizes the Tundra plugin for the flaps and raptor engines!

Tundra Exploration will continue to be a Falcon an Dragon family only mod. 

Happy landings!

Edited by damonvv

1 hour ago, damonvv said:

This version will hopefully not break your save.

Happy to report that existing craft survived the update. Thanks for making that painless! :)

Can I ask about the action called "Toggle Independent Throttle?" It's missing from the Octopus engines and I'm wondering if it's possible to externally patch back in, or if that functionality is replaced by the Falcon engine modes? 

2 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Happy to report that existing craft survived the update. Thanks for making that painless! :)

Can I ask about the action called "Toggle Independent Throttle?" It's missing from the Octopus engines and I'm wondering if it's possible to externally patch back in, or if that functionality is replaced by the Falcon engine modes? 

Awesome!!!!!

And yes, it is a bug. Will be available in the next update! (Forgot it was still missing).

57 minutes ago, damonvv said:

Will be available in the next update! (Forgot it was still missing).

That's great, thank you! Easy enough to do by hand for now.

I'm all amped on Falcon at the moment after finding out that the Dragonfly mission has selected a fully expendable Falcon Heavy as the launch vehicle. So this little number with the funny tan lines is headed for Titan:

Spoiler

oYfDZXi.png

7 hours ago, LxcidGames12 said:

installation problems can turn into a back and forth guessing game. if you show a screenshot of your gamedata folder's contents, someone will probably be able to spot something right away. for participating on the forums you'll definitely benefit from an imgur account, where you can post pictures and then the forum software can deal with links to them. usually good idea to put pictures in spoiler tags (eye icon).  p.s. welcome to the forums :)