[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

Hey @damonvv, I’ve been having an issue with the Ghidorah9 again when landing with MechJeb. As I come in for landing, the engine plume disappears and the fuel flow starts flashing from 0 to 70ish, which then means the booster smashes into the pad at about 100m/s. What can I do?

EDIT: Nevermind, the problem was with Persistent Thrust, which I got rid off since I don’t need.

Edited by Emilius73

1 hour ago, Emilius73 said:

Hey @damonvv, I’ve been having an issue with the Ghidorah9 again when landing with MechJeb. As I come in for landing, the engine plume disappears and the fuel flow starts flashing from 0 to 70ish, which then means the booster smashes into the pad at about 100m/s. What can I do?

For me it works, just landed by first droneship landing with mechjeb.

12 hours ago, TomfooleryYT said:

Trying to put a station around the mun in a career save with a falcon heavy and nearly all the fuel disappears when I got to load it. any help? Vv9hgcC.jpg

from my testing it seems to be a problem with the Octopus cluster engine. something about it messing with the tank values, maybe a conflict with another mod?

EDIT: it's also happening with the merlin booster engine.

Edit: okay, I'm really confused. it seems t o be happening with multiple different engines, including the merlin cluster engine (from kerbalized spaceX? when I hover over it, it says JNH)

EDIT AGAIN: it doesn't seem to be happening in a sandbox save, but is happening in my Career mode save. Am I missing something? what is happening here?

Final Edit: It was an adapter on the payload....goddammit

Edited by TomfooleryYT

2 hours ago, Emilius73 said:

Is there a way to replace the Ghidorah 9 engine plumes to look like methane powered engines?

No, at least not without changing a lot of the plume configs. The main problem is that the Merlin and Raptor plumes have multiple effects and multiple engines modes which are different on both engine clusters. You can't just switch the plumes out because they are designed for their own engine cluster. If you want to take a deeper look at it, the plumes are added to the engines in Patches/Extra_RealPlume_Engines.cfg.

On 9/5/2020 at 8:28 PM, Willem_Alexander said:

Hey damon! (or anyone who can answer my question.

How can i get the bodyflaps of starship to move quicker, like in the spacex video that was in the presentation in september last year? I got the upper flaps more realistic but the bottom flaps don't seem to move whatsoever. 

thanks in advance guys! haha

This is KSP. Sadly I cannot recreate the physics in this game. It's just a limitation and I cannot do much about :( 

6 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@HotVector The Mk4 cargo is roughly measured against the volumes of the KIS mod's own container parts. I consider the amount (4000L) pretty fair (being modestly more generous than 2x IMIC-800 containers with 1550L volume).

Fair enough, but the cargo on the actual Starship is considerably taller. A suggestion would be to decrease the height of the fuel tank (reduce ~10% of the fuel capacity) and add that height to the cargo bay to end up with the same total mass as before. The upper stage has far too much DeltaV.