[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

Hi. The fact that I found out is not critical, but irritating bug. First, going into the game, I brought the launch Rodan and tried to run it in the air, and then land what I've got (the fire was at it). After I clicked "Revert to launch" Rodan is back on the launcher and when starting the engine was no longer a flame.

P. S: I Have installed RealPlume

25 minutes ago, mie mie said:

Hi. The fact that I found out is not critical, but irritating bug. First, going into the game, I brought the launch Rodan and tried to run it in the air, and then land what I've got (the fire was at it). After I clicked "Revert to launch" Rodan is back on the launcher and when starting the engine was no longer a flame.

P. S: I Have installed RealPlume

Hi! Yes, this bug is here since Tygoo made the first version of this pod. I believe it has something to do with RealPlume/SmokeScreen that causes this. I haven't found a way to fix it but I can talk with Sarbian about this issue.

9 minutes ago, FutureMartian97 said:

Can't wait! Also, I know the extra buildings and landing pads are a separate mod, but do you have a link to the forum page for it? 

Here are a few pics on Kks thread, a few pages back you can find more. No official thread as of yet. 

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/151818-131-kerbal-konstructs-131-07102017/&do=findComment&comment=3209541

4 minutes ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

@damonvv About your launchpad, I found out that the smoke on the stock launchpad is an effect controlled by plugin code. The API documentation page on that is here.

Oh what, never seen this before.. Thanks man, I'll take a look right away!

6 minutes ago, mie mie said:

Is there any news about development?

As of right now Mothra launcher is done and with a few more testings on the BFR balance it should be good to go at the end of this week! I move the version from 1.0.3 to 1.1 as this is more than a hotfix :wink: IVA gets pushed to 1.2 (I promise).

Version 1.1;

- Added Falcon 1 (Mothra)
- Added Rodan lights!
- Added Pathfinder config by @Space Kadet
- Fixed BFR Balancing - Thank you @Rock3tman_
- Added Probe Core to Ghidorah (No more stock probes needed!)

Next up is BFR and Dragons IVAs. Gojiras first stage will get an overhaul in textures too, so stay tuned for that as well. This update includes a much needed Gojira balance, so I hope it is easier to use for everyone!
Craft files are included.

For now, happy launches!
bcahf59.png

Great update, the lack of a built-in probe core for the F9 did bother me. However, I was kind of hoping for a separate part the way the BFR's is done, or an update to the interstage to show probe stuff. It feels a little "cheaty" but it works for now. Please do increase the antenna range, though, so it doesn't lose control downrange from the pad.

For those who want a Kerbal Konstructs barge, there's one on Spacedock. It's old, but I've tested and it works with the latest KK version. https://spacedock.info/mod/255/Space X barge lander

More than anything else in the mod, I think an overhaul is needed for the original Rodan. The solar panels and their covers never feel like they fit right, and the trunk has a gap between it and the pod. One final thing I'd love to see eventually is extra tanks to be able to make the rocket the right length between the v1.0, v1.2 and FT.

Edited by Z3R0_0NL1N3

4 minutes ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Great update, the lack of a built-in probe core for the F9 did bother me. However, I was kind of hoping for a separate part the way the BFR's is done, or an update to the interstage to show probe stuff. It feels a little "cheaty" but it works for now. Please do increase the antenna range, though, so it doesn't lose control downrange from the pad.

For those who want a Kerbal Konstructs barge, there's one on Spacedock. It's old, but I've tested and it works with the latest KK version. https://spacedock.info/mod/255/Space X barge lander

More than anything else in the mod, I think an overhaul is needed for the original Rodan. The solar panels and their covers never feel like they fit right, and the trunk has a gap between it and the pod.

Thank you for the great feedback, I was choosing between a new part or putting it in the interstage. It was a bit cheaty but I can always model the interstage to show more of the prope stuff. I will consider what I can do about that. Might think about it now since I have to increase the range more (which was good in my testings earlier).
The Rodan gets an overhaul with the current status for how the Dragon V2 will look like in a few months, including a new IVA.

Again, thanks for the feedback and I'll make it better for the next one :wink: