[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

5 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

Gotya! replicable landings. flaps set to the break key and reversed direction, used rcs to flip reverse this is brilliant!

That's a very interesting way of landing! Little hot but if it works it works :D 

Edited by damonvv

On 1/13/2018 at 6:11 AM, Space Kadet said:

heres a patch to give the ITS convertable storage through @Angel-125's pathfinder mod

-snip-

Cool patch, however, I noticed one thing: MM's NEEDS function searches for a folder in GameData with that name. However, @Angel-125 has all of his mods packaged inside one GameData/WildBlueIndustries folder. As such, your patch would never take effect. i would recommend you use NEEDS[WildBlueIndusties], as convertible storage(I think) is provided by WildBlueTools, and is used by all WildBlue mods.

2 hours ago, Mrcarrot said:

Cool patch, however, I noticed one thing: MM's NEEDS function searches for a folder in GameData with that name. However, @Angel-125 has all of his mods packaged inside one GameData/WildBlueIndustries folder. As such, your patch would never take effect. i would recommend you use NEEDS[WildBlueIndusties], as convertible storage(I think) is provided by WildBlueTools, and is used by all WildBlue mods.

IM not sure i understand, your saying the patch wouldent work, but it is working im using it. I am in the process of improving it because it dosent have tacls support, and i want to make it compatable with usils and snacks too, but it dose give you convertable support already.

This patch came straight out of the buckboard template that i was using for giving knes compatability.

Edited by Space Kadet

13 hours ago, damonvv said:

That's a very interesting way of landing! Little hot but if it works it works :D 

Seems the best way to me keeping with the idea of sending this thing to mars (the space x plan) because you need to land on rockets but thats over 1.5k ms dv for a craft of this size to avoid re entry burning. this gets it to 500 ish 

heres a new version of the patch for the BFR
should stop LS's gettin mulched by the patch, if you do add resources to the command pod you will have to add them to the patch to keep them.

@PART[ITS_Pod]:NEEDS[Pathfinder]
{

MODULE
	{
		name = WBIConvertibleStorage
		enableLogging = True

fieldReconfigurable = True
		confirmResourceSwitch = True

showGUI = True

defaultTemplate = KIS // LFO
		templateNodes = STORAGE_TEMPLATE

capacityFactor = 1
		resourcesToKeep = ElectricCharge;Ablator;MonoPropellant;Food;Water;Oxygen;CarbonDioxide;Waste;WasteWater;Mulch;Supplies;Snacks;

logoPanelTransforms = 
		decalsVisible = false

baseStorage = .001
		maxStorage = 14000
	}
}

7 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

IM not sure i understand, your saying the patch wouldent work, but it is working im using it. I am in the process of improving it because it dosent have tacls support, and i want to make it compatable with usils and snacks too, but it dose give you convertable support already.

This patch came straight out of the buckboard template that i was using for giving knes compatability.

Okay, I was wrong. Sorry. Carry on.

6 minutes ago, mie mie said:

Add to the VL-9R "Octopus" mode "three engines"

unfortunately, I don't think we can add more than 2 engine modes for 1 part. I would love to have 3 different options but as of right now it can't be done unless I make a plugin.

7 hours ago, SpaceBliss said:

It's really nice but it's out of proportion, is waay bigger for the Ghidorah.

6 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

4 hours ago, SpaceBliss said:

Now that I've tried it's too difficult even being big :)

Whats wrong with it? I’ve landed on that thing countless times!

kE2dI1k.jpg

1 minute ago, SpaceBliss said:

I've only tried 3 times :P, I just don't get it yet. In the ksc countless of course.

It's from a very old version of Tundra, but this is how I did it.
Now I use the ingame trajectory from the Trajectories mod. Which helps you aim a lot better! But recently I haven't done many ASDS landings, partly because I like RTLS more :P