[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

17 hours ago, damonvv said:

giphy.gif

Well then, who wants to make this in KSP?

I'm already working on one, I assembled and tested a two stage core booster last night and fully intend on mounting and then testing the strapon configuration...I'll be automating the recovery system with radial parachutes since I dont care to risk my kerbals' lives and the boosters and core stage wont be high enough to make such recovery impossible.

1 hour ago, RaiderMan said:

I'm already working on one, I assembled and tested a two stage core booster last night and fully intend on mounting and then testing the strapon configuration...I'll be automating the recovery system with radial parachutes since I dont care to risk my kerbals' lives and the boosters and core stage wont be high enough to make such recovery impossible.

I suggest using FMRS as stated in the OP. You can just do your mission, once your craft is in a stable orbit you can return to the point of the booster separation and land it from there, then you can go back to the main mission and it will count as being recovered!

I asked before about adding probe stuff to the interstage, but the nosecones for the Heavy boosters would need probe functionality too. Or just a single-purpose probe-core for all three.

Also is it possible to make those cool retracting booster decouplers that the Heavy has?

BU1ylNs.gif

1 minute ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

I asked before about adding probe stuff to the interstage, but the nosecones for the Heavy boosters would need probe functionality too. Or just a single-purpose probe-core for all three.

Also is it possible to make those cool retracting booster decouplers that the Heavy has?

Yes, I have plans to make Falcon heavy parts in the near future :wink: 

4 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

eh....nested like that, they dont show up in the vab.

so most users, such as myself, dont know they exist.

Yup, it's or that or CKAN users are annoying, it's somewhere in the release notes that they are there but I might move them to a dropbox or something.

3 minutes ago, hieywiey said:

Could we get updated RealPlume configs for Mothra and the BFR?

Yes, I couldn't get them right so I'll spend some more time in those as well. If people here are smarter than me and want to update it , that would be much appreciated :) 

Hey, i just thought id share some of my screenshots ive taken using this mod. Landing rockets has become a surprise addiction of mine! Thanks for maintaining such a cool mod! i can't wait to see how you implement the Falcon Heavy!

Album zc54G will appear when post is submitted

Edited by tmccreight651

43 minutes ago, tmccreight651 said:

Hey, i just thought id share some of my screenshots ive taken using this mod. Landing rockets has become a surprise addiction of mine! Thanks for maintaining such a cool mod! i can't wait to see how you implement the Falcon Heavy!

https://imgur.com/a/zc54G

Very nice! Love that Govsat-1 landing