[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

On 10/28/2018 at 5:54 PM, damonvv said:

Nope! That's my custom made KSC in a 2.5x scaled kerbin!

How did you make the custom KSC? I'm using a 3x scale kerbin, and the KSC is now at sea, how to fix? I also need FMRS for BFR to work on this bigger kerbin, but it doesn't work, (it is the right version, but it sill doesn't work).

8 minutes ago, Sparrowhawk said:

sorry haha I have another question. No matter what I do, Gojira II breaks up on reentry at around 20km with a speed of around 1km/s. It suddenly pitches up and to the side and then shatters. It's been autostrutted too... what am I doing wrong? (kerbin reentry)

Sounds like maybe you've got an older version? The breakingForce and breakingTorque values were either too low or for some parts I think they were non-existent (if not specified then it defaults to some really low value like 20 or so). @JadeOfMaar went through them and bumped them up. To get those changes you need to download right from the Github repository from the master branch at https://github.com/damonvv/TundraExploration (click the green button that says 'Clone or Download' and then select 'Download ZIP')

Edited by Starwaster

1 minute ago, Starwaster said:

Sounds like maybe you've got an older version? The breakingForce and breakingTorque values were either too low or for some parts I think they were non-existent (if not specified then it defaults to some really low value like 20 or so). @JadeOfMaar went through them and bumped them up. To get those changes you need to download right from the Github repository from the master branch at https://github.com/damonvv/TundraExploration (click the green button that says 'Clone or Download' and then select 'Download ZIP')

@Starwaster I downloaded the latest version from there yesterday so I don't think that's it...

17 minutes ago, Sparrowhawk said:

@Starwaster I downloaded the latest version from there yesterday so I don't think that's it...

I will take a closer look, experiencing the same problem. But I think I found a fix. Will push the update to friday, same day as I will release some more launchpads for my Tundra Space Center mod.

41 minutes ago, sjsharks39 said:

@damonvv In a strictly will-not-receive-support sense (due to the older game version), how do you think the current github master branch would work on 1.3.1? I play RO/Rp1 and am interested in doing some configs for it, and those are still back in 1.3.1 for now.

I too am using it in 1.3.1

There are dependencies and you should try to ensure that you are using a compatible version of the appropriate plugins.

4 hours ago, DanielBR401 said:

Does it work with 1.5.1? The command module seems messed up (when gojira is loaded, the command module appears at a totally different location from where it is supposed to be at)

The craft files need updating. The command module had to be changed and it broke placement in the craft file. It's easy enough to fix, just reattach the parts.

New DEV version on github!

- Fixed tanker version nodes for the fins
- Fixed Crew pod slightly off-center
- Added 2 craft files (crewed and tanker version)
- Revamped Ghidorah first stage engine sound

If these all work, I will update. Next up the road is finishing up IVAs unwrapping and texturing, and also making the BFS cargo version.
+ I will update the legs so they can extend from the tips slightly and observe the landing.

Edited by damonvv

2 minutes ago, damonvv said:

the new craft files too? And if you start from scratch? (The crafts that were in space are indeed broken, can't do much about those :( )

yes, the new ones from the update today. If I delete the pod and put it back it is fine, but the stock craft file is messed up

32 minutes ago, Sparrowhawk said:

yes, the new ones from the update today. If I delete the pod and put it back it is fine, but the stock craft file is messed up

both the "Gojira 2018 Crew" and "Gojira 2018 Tanker" ? That's weird..

8 hours ago, Sparrowhawk said:

I did not check the tanker, but the crew one is off, yes

Yes, as I said the old craft files and vessels already in space are broken and will NOT be fixed. The new craft files SHOULD work. I've tested them in multiple installs.