[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

Just now, Kablob said:

Everyone here's going bananas over the BFR and I"m just sitting here making grabby hands at that new Dragon 2 model.

Hah good catch! It's so ready for release, so will probably include it with the BFR update.

2 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

Hmm, I didn't like the look of the new BFR at first, but now... :wub:

The Dragon capsule looks a bit oblong/pointy, or is that just the perspective?

Crew Dragon will have a streamlined cover over the docking port. Which either jettisons or opens/closes. (I've seen it depicted both ways; not sure what the real final version will do)

1 hour ago, damonvv said:

won't be this weekend for sure, probably at the very end of this month, very early October!

5bW0Y87.jpg

...I don't personally think the BFR will ever actually be built but if it was I'm just like, there's no way it would actually have those giant windows in the final version. Looks pretty though. And this isn't a criticism of you, you didn't design the thing. :P

1 hour ago, Starwaster said:

Looks good... now hand it over! :P 

working hard, sadly I can't finish it today. Hopefully within the next 2-3 days I can put a beta up for people who wants to help out balancing it!

nk0Z1xb.png

Just now, Starwaster said:

@damonvv That's cool. BTW, what diameter is it going to be? Is the new BFR still at 9m? (or was that 10m...?)

BFR is 9 meter wide. And since BDBs Saturn V is slightly bigger than 5m I'm keeping it to 5 meter kerbal size.

2 hours ago, damonvv said:

working hard, sadly I can't finish it today. Hopefully within the next 2-3 days I can put a beta up for people who wants to help out balancing it!

nk0Z1xb.png

This all looks fantastic!! 

I’ve just got to make sure my Tundra and KSP 1.5 hypetrains don’t collide :P

3 hours ago, damonvv said:

Yeah I'm making a part that you can place around the engines with support for KIS etc.

Cool. Hopefully they can be undocked (whatever) and dropped on the surface (just because I think that would be cool, lol).

This looks really awesome. Nicely done!

1 minute ago, tater said:

The canard moves just like the fins, I assume (a "flapping" motion)?

As of right now, that's basically not possible with current KSP physics, so I'm trying to work out what the best option is for these canards. Worse case will be an animation with an open and close position for the canards.

6 hours ago, damonvv said:

nk0Z1xb.png

I absolutely love your work. Will it be suited for kerbal sized stuff or will it be suited for rss?

Actually, what does stockalike mean? Does the texture look like stock?

9 hours ago, Xd the great said:

I absolutely love your work. Will it be suited for kerbal sized stuff or will it be suited for rss?

Actually, what does stockalike mean? Does the texture look like stock?

Yes the textures are kind of in the same style as how KSP should be. And this is downsized from the original. The BFR is 9 meters wide while in KSP this one is 5 meters wide. To put that in perspective my F9 is 2.5m, BFR 5m and BDBs Saturn V is around 5.6 meter.