[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

6 hours ago, Gryphorim said:

Is there planned to be a Cargo version of the Gojira? Any thoughts on how to do the flip-top nose with the canards on there?

I suspect that the separation line between the cargo bay door and the rest of the nose would be above the nose fins.... I don't see how else SpaceX would accomplish that.

1 hour ago, Starwaster said:

I suspect that the separation line between the cargo bay door and the rest of the nose would be above the nose fins.... I don't see how else SpaceX would accomplish that.

I wonder how they want to maintain structural integrity with those fins, since I guess there'll be a lot of force on them. Maybe only the part below the fins can open. But Elon already announced a completely new approach...

3 hours ago, braydensmith said:

The BFR large fuel tank is not working. idk if this is my fault or just a problem with the mod itself

That would be your fault. The following are required for this mod to work:

• ModuleManager.dll (nearly no mod works if this is absent. You may as well have a very far off and wrong version for your KSP. I recommend 3.1.x for KSP 1.4 or newer)
  • B9 Part Switch (for resource and texture switching)
  • Community Resource Pack (to access resouces that are not stock)

On 12/4/2018 at 7:24 PM, Barzon Kerman said:

@damonvv can you add Tweakscale support, because I really want to make a Mini-BFR?

On 12/4/2018 at 11:14 PM, eskimo22 said:

I'd like it so I can more easily make a full scale BFR

You can do that yourself. Just put this in some file (e.g. myConfig.cfg) inside the GameData folder. For a smaller BFR, add a scalefactor below 1 (e.g. 0.5, and add an according name, like 50%)

SCALETYPE
{
    name = TweakScale
    freeScale = false
    scaleFactors = 1.0, 1.2, 1.8
    scaleNames = 100%, 120%, 180%
    defaultScale = 1.0
}

@PART[TE_18_BF*]!MODULE[TweakScale]
{
     MODULE
    {
        name = TweakScale
        type = TweakScale
        defaultScale = 1
    }
}

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:45 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

That would be your fault. The following are required for this mod to work:

• ModuleManager.dll (nearly no mod works if this is absent. You may as well have a very far off and wrong version for your KSP. I recommend 3.1.x for KSP 1.4 or newer)
  • B9 Part Switch (for resource and texture switching)
  • Community Resource Pack (to access resouces that are not stock)

ok thanks

@damonvv There are some issues with USI-LS habitation time for the BFS. While there are plenty of supplies for hundrets of days, the hab time is way too short, only little more than a week. If I remember correctly, that's also a problem for the Dragon capsule. You don't even make it to Minmus without non-badass Kerbals getting homesick.

18 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

You can do that yourself. Just put this in some file (e.g. myConfig.cfg) inside the GameData folder. For a smaller BFR, add a scalefactor below 1 (e.g. 0.5, and add an according name, like 50%)

SCALETYPE
{
    name = TweakScale
    freeScale = false
    scaleFactors = 1.0, 1.2, 1.8
    scaleNames = 100%, 120%, 180%
    defaultScale = 1.0
}

@PART[TE_18_BF*]!MODULE[TweakScale]
{
     MODULE
    {
        name = TweakScale
        type = TweakScale
        defaultScale = 1
    }
}

I know, that's why I said more easily.

6 minutes ago, space_powder said:

Does anyone know how much the Ghidorah 9 can lift into LKO in 2.5x rescale?

I know the amount but not in my head. I play 2.5x and I have a graph on my pc for LEO+RTLS and LEO+ASDS. Will give you when I’m near my pc

I believe that the max amount for LEO + RTLS is around the same weight as the cargo dragon fully fueled with food supplies

Edited by damonvv

34 minutes ago, tater said:

The BFS seems to rotate about an axis parallel to the long axis, but not actually the long axis, which explains my docking issues.

I suspect that the model's origin is off axis by a small amount. RCS Build Aid shows rotations when translating or even using the engines that should not possibly be happening.

There's a work around you can try:

1. First, if you have it, enable the RCS Build Aid and select engine or RCS translate forward. (this is optional but it will let you see what's going on) At this point you should see that there is torque happening when engine thrust is selected in RCSBA.
  2. Click the offset tweak tool. 
  3. Grab one of the middle tank's axes BUT DO NOT ACTUALLY MOVE IT. The tank will snap and  if you have and enabled RCS Build Aid as above then you should see the torque stop.
  4. You may need to do the same with the bottom tank to eliminate torque.
  5. While you're here and have RCSBA enabled, optionally adjust RCS thrust limiter  for the fore or aft parts or both to make sure that they are balanced.

My falcon landing took a little swim! 

8 hours ago, tater said:

When I rotate it, it actually spins about an axis either outside the craft, or right on the dorsal surface.

Weird, I haven't experienced that myself yet with docking.

2 hours ago, damonvv said:

Weird, I haven't experienced that myself yet with docking.

I just figured out what I did wrong.

I had trouble clicking on the side docking port because the craft is so huge, so I first "aimed camera" at it, and forgot to go back to ship itself. LOL, I'm an idiot.

Don't fly sleepy.

Just now, tater said:

I just figured out what I did wrong.

I had trouble clicking on the side docking port because the craft is so huge, so I first "aimed camera" at it, and forgot to go back to ship itself. LOL, I'm an idiot.

Don't fly sleepy.

Nah, it’s KSP after all hah

On 10/29/2018 at 7:12 PM, infinite_monkey said:

Do you have MechJeb installed? Check your "limit Q" setting. If enabled, it might prevent your engines from firing on descent.

I alredy figured it by myself, but thanks! It really was just the MJ limit Q option.

1 minute ago, infinite_monkey said:

@damonvv Is there any progress with the cargo BFS? Or is there a way to use the old one?

Cargo Starship is on a very low priority as I have no clue what SpaceX is going to do with the new design.

I'm also going to remove the old files in the next update to reduce the size of the mod. Best way I think is just to download the an older version and use the cargo, texture and config files to get them ingame. One problem you will face is that it doesn't match the new designed fuel tank and landing legs on the starship.