damonvv

[1.6.x] Tundra Exploration - v1.3.0.5 (March 6th) - SpaceX Falcon 9, Dragon V2 and Starship!

Recommended Posts

On 12/31/2018 at 7:27 AM, damonvv said:

Weird, will look into it as soon as I can!

Yep, it also happens to me, the Dragon Capsule wants to naturally go pointy-tip first instead of heat shield first on re-entry, I've even tried putting fins at the top but it still turns itself prograde :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Cristy2017 said:

Yep, it also happens to me, the Dragon Capsule wants to naturally go pointy-tip first instead of heat shield first on re-entry, I've even tried putting fins at the top but it still turns itself prograde :)

Can confirm.

Will try to fix it and update the mod tomorrow evening.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, damonvv said:

Can confirm.

Will try to fix it and update the mod tomorrow evening.

Thank you for your work :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, damonvv said:

Can confirm.

Will try to fix it and update the mod tomorrow evening.

will this be for 1.6 or 1.5.1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Natokerbal said:

will this be for 1.6 or 1.5.1?

1.6 most likely, should work for 1.3.1 and above

Edited by damonvv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how i controling 2 vehicle.
star ship and booster.
i want starship continuing burn until the orbit and booster landing at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, harits said:

how i controling 2 vehicle.
star ship and booster.
i want starship continuing burn until the orbit and booster landing at the same time.

As linked in the OP, you can use FMRS. You first have to put Starship into orbit, then you can go back to the booster and land it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ChinoBasico said:

hello, there is no fuel in neither tanks

Did you install all the dependencies listed in the OP? It seems to be that you forgot Module Manager at first.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Nigel Cardozo said:

Or use kOS

But won't KSP destroy the second vessel once it's far enough away?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tundra Exploration v1.2.2 is out!

Version 1.2.2
- Fixed Rodan re-entry
- Fixed Mothra One fueltanks (Thanks Jade)
- Fixed cryo tank types
- Fixed tank volume for Mothra upper stage
- Added placeholder IVA for Starship

Download here!

Happy launches!

My PC is fixed so I can mod again.
This will mean that I will start on the following:

- New texture for the Dragon V2 trunk solar panels
- Finishing last bits for IVAs both Dragon and Starship
- Playing with 1.5/1.6 shaders to get a shiny look on Starship?
- Falcon 9 v1.0

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Can't wait for F9 V1.0 and shiny Starship (And StarHopper, if you can)!

That's great that your computers fixed, but what happened with it (the computer) that needed fixing?

Edited by Barzon Kerman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, damonvv said:

Tundra Exploration v1.2.2 is out!

Version 1.2.2
- Fixed Rodan re-entry
- Fixed Mothra One fueltanks (Thanks Jade)
- Fixed cryo tank types
- Fixed tank volume for Mothra upper stage
- Added placeholder IVA for Starship

Download here!

Happy launches!

My PC is fixed so I can mod again.
This will mean that I will start on the following:

- New texture for the Dragon V2 trunk solar panels
- Finishing last bits for IVAs both Dragon and Starship
- Playing with 1.5/1.6 shaders to get a shiny look on Starship?
- Falcon 9 v1.0

Can confirm that this update fixed the Dragon V2 reentry. Thank you for your work! @damonvv

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Barzon Kerman said:

Can't wait for F9 V1.0 and shiny Starship (And StarHopper, if you can)!

That's great that your computers fixed, but what happened with it (the computer) that needed fixing?

I thought it was the graphics card but it turned out to be the power supply. So I replaced it and its working again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, damonvv said:

My PC is fixed so I can mod again.
This will mean that I will start on the following:

- New texture for the Dragon V2 trunk solar panels
- Finishing last bits for IVAs both Dragon and Starship
- Playing with 1.5/1.6 shaders to get a shiny look on Starship?
- Falcon 9 v1.0

 

Any plans on retouching up any of the Tundra technologies stuff? Most of it retains a lot of the same models and textures from before you took up the mod and I feel they'd look great with a bit of fixing up. Maybe even additional parts to expand on them such as a dedicated RTG and more science experiments for New Horizons for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jay The Amazing Toaster said:

Any plans on retouching up any of the Tundra technologies stuff? Most of it retains a lot of the same models and textures from before you took up the mod and I feel they'd look great with a bit of fixing up. Maybe even additional parts to expand on them such as a dedicated RTG and more science experiments for New Horizons for example.

Yea, it really needs some love! And I am planning on revamping them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, damonvv said:

Did you install all the dependencies listed in the OP? It seems to be that you forgot Module Manager at first.

Oh thanks, i messed up :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, damonvv said:

Falcon 9 v1.0

*Claps violently with pure joy*

Also thanks for the update and all the hard work you're putting into the mod!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DylanSemrau said:

*Claps violently with pure joy*

Also thanks for the update and all the hard work you're putting into the mod!

Thanks!

3 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

Thanks for the update :) 

I noticed that the Gojira booster probe core still has no SAS, though.

Just looked, I didn't put the fix in the .zip.. whoops


Pics after an eventful day today at 39A?
Sure!
CXCAxRX.png3zdISYW.png

1CrkiHj.png

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, damonvv said:

Спасибо!

Просто посмотрел, я не поместил исправление в ZIP-файл. Упс,


фото после насыщенного дня сегодня в 39А?
Конечно!
CXCAxRX.png3zdISYW.png

1CrkiHj.png

Where to get this strongback?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ely8937 said:

Where to get this strongback?

This one is currently still in beta. But @AlphaMensae is also creating something nice! (Which you can play with it now)

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really nice Mod, thank you for the great work.

The earliest Version even works with the Tweakscale Mod. Have i missed something in the changelog? Thats great!

I always had some issues with the very wobbly tail fin the Starship stands on. But now, when i scale the hole starship 150% up to a 7.5m diameter, theres no wobbling at all.

Just for everyone who had the same problem ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2019 at 6:15 AM, damonvv said:

Thanks!

Just looked, I didn't put the fix in the .zip.. whoops


Pics after an eventful day today at 39A?
Sure!
CXCAxRX.png3zdISYW.png

1CrkiHj.png

How did you get the modded KSC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now