[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

1 minute ago, notJebKerman said:

Also, Ghidorah's first stage engines don't have the roll capability

I don't have problems myself when I launch or re-enter first stage. But I'll take a look and see what I can do.

4 minutes ago, damonvv said:

I don't have problems myself when I launch or re-enter first stage. But I'll take a look and see what I can do.

It's probably because I have all RW and RCS both nerfed and turned off during ascent. However, for descent the lack of roll capability in that configuration is expected (you have to use RCS and gridfins for that).

Edited by notJebKerman

14 minutes ago, notJebKerman said:

It's probably because I have all RW and RCS both nerfed and turned off during ascent. However, for descent the lack of roll capability in that configuration is expected (you have to use RCS and gridfins for that).

Right, I've asked around and it seems that there's just one module for the gimbal, so it has something to do with the thrust vectors. I'll play around and see if I can get it to work.

It feels like the stage is too heavy to be reuseable and just pushes through the air so its at around 2000m/s at sea level so i cant land it without half a tank of fuel left. Just had to tell you just in case you werent testing the reuseability.

1 minute ago, TachyonGMZ said:

It feels like the stage is too heavy to be reuseable and just pushes through the air so its at around 2000m/s at sea level so i cant land it without half a tank of fuel left. Just had to tell you just in case you werent testing the reuseability.

Are we talking about the F9 or BFR? To be on the same line

2 hours ago, LukasW said:

Support RO?

I don't play RO, neither do I have the time to make patches for it. If someone would take the time to make one I'll happily add it in the OP. Though I wouldn't recommend making one now as I'll change most of BFR for the next update.

2 minutes ago, theaveragepxtseryu said:

What's the mod for the landing site in the Gif?

One of many new assets that will come in a new mod by @Omega482! But it might take some time before it is released so keep an eye on the forums for that.

heres a patch to give the ITS convertable storage through @Angel-125's pathfinder mod.

@PART[ITS_Pod]:NEEDS[Pathfinder]
{

MODULE
	{
		name = WBIConvertibleStorage
		enableLogging = True

fieldReconfigurable = True
		confirmResourceSwitch = True

showGUI = True

defaultTemplate = KIS // LFO
		templateNodes = STORAGE_TEMPLATE

capacityFactor = 1
		resourcesToKeep = ElectricCharge;Ablator;MonoPropellant;

logoPanelTransforms = 
		decalsVisible = false

baseStorage = .001
		maxStorage = 14000
	}
}

2 minutes ago, damonvv said:

Very nice! If you don't mind I'll include it in the next release with credits to you ofcourse  :wink: 

Thats great!, im gonna work out one for the crewed modules and cargo ships eventually but at the moment im just playing with the BFS :P 

1 minute ago, Space Kadet said:

Thats great!, im gonna work out one for the crewed modules and cargo ships eventually but at the moment im just playing with the BFS :P 

Nice! We're still balancing everything out to make it a bit easier to use, any feedback is still welcome!

Here are the few changes that we're currently working on;

- Balancing BFS Re-entry
- Gimbal fixes on Booster
- Some minor texture fixes
- Some modeling fixes with the wings
- IVAs

8 minutes ago, damonvv said:

Nice! We're still balancing everything out to make it a bit easier to use, any feedback is still welcome!

Here are the few changes that we're currently working on;

- Balancing BFS Re-entry
- Gimbal fixes on Booster
- Some minor texture fixes
- Some modeling fixes with the wings
- IVAs

have you got a craft file for the bfs your using? mine at the moment is an abortion im curious how your making it

14 minutes ago, Space Kadet said:

have you got a craft file for the bfs your using? mine at the moment is an abortion im curious how your making it

I have one but not fully optimized, I can send it in a few hours.