[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

3 minutes ago, Chimer4 said:

I don't think I could have landed this any closer to the VAB if I had tried. Judged my landing a bit long and just skimmed the roof of the VAB

tenor.gif?itemid=4656226

Holy smokes man! Nice landing!

@damonvv @Bottle Rocketeer 500 yep it was a gidorah heavy side booster doing an RTLS. I was aiming for in front of the VAB but ended up in that corner instead. You can see in FMRS the other booster is landed, the core is waiting to be landed, and the second stage is on its way

Edited by Chimer4

1 hour ago, Chimer4 said:

@damonvv @Bottle Rocketeer 500 yep it was a gidorah heavy side booster doing an RTLS. I was aiming for in front of the VAB but ended up in that corner instead. You can see in FMRS the other booster is landed, the core is waiting to be landed, and the second stage is on its way

Not sure if you knew, but if you open the Trajectories, you can activate the in-flight trajectory and you'll see exactly where you will land. That's one way I do my RTLS and ASDS
fSzB981.png

26 minutes ago, damonvv said:

Not sure if you knew, but if you open the Trajectories, you can activate the in-flight trajectory and you'll see exactly where you will land. That's one way I do my RTLS and ASDS

Yeah that's what I was doing, I was on target for the launch pad but as I was getting closer it drifted westwards for some reason (the trajectories marker was actually in the roof of the VAB in my picture). 

It was quite a heart pounding landing. I came so close to the roof of the VAB that if I had my legs out at the time they would have clipped it :confused:

Trying to balance the textures a bit, first pic is a different time of day to try to see through it :) 

LQ7OLwB.png

1 = Black interstage, more dirty first stage texture
2 = Dark gray interstage, lighter dirty first stage
3 = Dark gray interstage, more dirty first stage texture

1 hour ago, damonvv said:

Trying to balance the textures a bit, first pic is a different time of day to try to see through it :) 

LQ7OLwB.png

I like 1

1 hour ago, damonvv said:

Are those for reused stages? I prefer the more dirty option. IMO it would be better to try and colour match the interstage with the black legs from KRE, chances are that anyone who uses this mod will also be using KRE

14 minutes ago, Chimer4 said:

Are those for reused stages? I prefer the more dirty option. IMO it would be better to try and colour match the interstage with the black legs from KRE, chances are that anyone who uses this mod will also be using KRE

Yeah good point. Still trying some more configurations

I think it depends on what look you are going for... a more realistic look, or a stockalike...
IMHO, 1 is closer to a realistic look... 2 and 3, are totally stockalike to me... I would prefer my SpaceX parts to LOOK like SpaceX parts, and not just blend in, to the stock and plethora of stockalike modded parts that are out there...

But thats just MY opinion... It all depends on what YOU think @damonvv , and what look/marketshare of users, that you are wanting to target...

7 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

I think it depends on what look you are going for... a more realistic look, or a stockalike...
IMHO, 1 is closer to a realistic look... 2 and 3, are totally stockalike to me... I would prefer my SpaceX parts to LOOK like SpaceX parts, and not just blend in, to the stock and plethora of stockalike modded parts that are out there...

But thats just MY opinion... It all depends on what YOU think @damonvv , and what look/marketshare of users, that you are wanting to target...

Thanks for your opinion. I ended up with this: eqNSBNS.jpg

I extended the soot to it looks a bit better. Made the shroud the right colour for a more stockalike feeling and made the top part cleaner because of ice forming. 

21 hours ago, damonvv said:

Thanks for your opinion. I ended up with this: eqNSBNS.jpg

I extended the soot to it looks a bit better. Made the shroud the right colour for a more stockalike feeling and made the top part cleaner because of ice forming. 

@damonvv Cool, waiting for release, and just landed my first Ghidorah 9 first stage and successfully deployed the payload! With FMRS not working!

When you have a lol with friends..

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@JadeOfMaar @Gameslinx @Stone Blue
K3jYdW1.png

I'll push out an update later this week with fixes for Gojira and some new textures for Ghidorah and the upcoming Block 5 version. (No pink Ghidorah! It was a joke! Promise :D

Edited by damonvv