[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

15 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

@damonvv Quick question, what font do the Ghidorah decals use? I was thinking of making my own custom decals, and the font is pretty cool.

I believe our favourite modder uses Moonhouse font for them.

Edited by Barzon Kerman

So I am running into a problem with this mod and RealFuels Stock Config.  The engines have a config so I could add the engines to one of my craft but the associated fuel tanks don't allow me to put the "RealFuel" into the rocket.  It gives me the option to change fuel like you can with the stock game but I can't use the normal RealFuels UI and set the tank to Kerosene and the like.  Any thoughts as to which mod I need to fix.  This feels like a config file change could fix the problem, but maybe not.

Edited by Galland1998
Clarity

2 hours ago, Galland1998 said:

So I am running into a problem with this mod and RealFuels Stock Config.  The engines have a config so I could add the engines to one of my craft but the associated fuel tanks don't allow me to put the "RealFuel" into the rocket.  It gives me the option to change fuel like you can with the stock game but I can't use the normal RealFuels UI and set the tank to Kerosene and the like.  Any thoughts as to which mod I need to fix.

Not sure. Maybe @JadeOfMaar knows a bit!

9 hours ago, Galland1998 said:

the associated fuel tanks don't allow me to put the "RealFuel" into the rocket.

8 minutes ago, DJ Reonic said:

disable a fuel switcher when RealFuels is installed.

B9 Part Switch all day, e'erday. =D But I'll get to that. Since some Tundra tanks use B9 for more than just fuel it would be dumb to simply delete or full disable the B9 configs.

12 minutes ago, Galland1998 said:

Thanks,

It is starting to look like Realfuels in a non RSS/RO/RP-1 game is more trouble than it is worth.

Look at the last part of the config carefully; if you don't want methane being swapped in for the Raptors then delete that part.

no_TE_FUel.cfg

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[#moduleID[TE_Fuel],#baseVolume[*]],!MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FINAL
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleFuelTanks
		type = Default
		baseMass = -1

volume = #$../MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[#moduleID[TE_Fuel],#baseVolume[*]]/baseVolume$
		@volume *= 5

typeAvailable = Default
		typeAvailable = ServiceModule
		typeAvailable = Cryogenic
		//typeAvailable = SpaceX
		//typeAvailable = SpaceX.Composite
	}
}
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[#moduleID[TE_Fuel],#baseVolume[*]],@MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FINAL
{
	!MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[#moduleID[TE_Fuel],#baseVolume[*]]{}
	!MODULE[ModuleB9PartInfo]{}
}
@PART[TE_BFS_RAPTORSL|TE_BFS_RAPTORVAC|TE_18_BFB_ENGINE_CLUSTER|TE_18_BFS_SL_RAPTOR]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
	{
		@name = ModuleEnginesRF
		!PROPELLANT[*],*{}
		PROPELLANT
		PROPELLANT
		{
			name = LqdMethane
			ratio = 1
			DrawGauge = True
		}
		PROPELLANT
		{
			name = LqdOxygen
			ratio = 1.417456617
		}
	}
}

The only thing that I have noticed so far is a conflict in command pod parts in the like.  B9 Part switch will still try to load like you mentioned.  You will get a one time error message that tells you that B9 Part Switch and MFT have a conflict and that it will continue to use B9.  Well..... that is not entirely true.   at least in the VAB you can mess around with the loads and and the "remove all tanks" option with the MFT UI and then use the MFT UI to load what ever you want into that empty space.  Not sure if it will break a vessel latter but I found it kinda interesting.

Tundra Exploration 1.5 is out!

So what's new?

Version 1.5.0
- Added Bagorah 9 parts (Falcon 9 v1.0)
- Added Bagorah 9 strongback
- Added Ghidorah 9 LC-40 strongback
- Fixed Gigan rotation in VAB
- Fixed Gigans heatshield rotation in VAB
- Fixed Gigans Solar panel shield rotation in VAB
- Fixed Gigans Solar panel rotation in VAB
- Fixed Agent images not linked correctly in TundraTech
- More tweaks to plumes by @Nessus_
- Balance of all parts by @neistridlar (Make sure to use/make new .craft files)
- Amazing Bagorah logo by the amazing @DiscoSlelge! Go give him some love!

Some dragons can face the wrong way. I rotated some parts. Shouldn't harm your save game but be aware of some rotation magic.
Download: here!

Due to my upcoming holiday I couldn't finish LADEE. It will come in another patch ~less than a month from now. Hopefully by then I can start on Starship!

Happy launches!

pb9jJzU.jpg

Edited by damonvv

TE 1.5 has broken my save game - I've got several vessels missing part TE.19.F9.S2.Tank

EDIT - Seems that part has changed TechRequired from advFuelSystems to heavierRocketry, which I haven't developed, yet.

EDIT2 - Nope, changing that back hasn't fixed it.

Edited by politas

4 hours ago, politas said:

TE 1.5 has broken my save game - I've got several vessels missing part TE.19.F9.S2.Tank

EDIT - Seems that part has changed TechRequired from advFuelSystems to heavierRocketry, which I haven't developed, yet.

EDIT2 - Nope, changing that back hasn't fixed it.

Download it again. Should fix it!

Attempting to Update and/or Install (I uninstalled the mod to cover my bases) the 1.5 update wakes the CKAN Kraken with this error:

CKAN.InvalidModuleFileKraken: TundraTechnologies 1.5.0: C:\Users\tehph\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpCD9B.tmp has length 135760085, should be 135760122
   at CKAN.NetModuleCache.Store(CkanModule module, String path, String description, Boolean move)
   at CKAN.NetAsyncModulesDownloader.ModuleDownloadsComplete(NetModuleCache cache, Uri[] urls, String[] filenames, Exception[] errors)

2 hours ago, aceman67 said:

Attempting to Update and/or Install (I uninstalled the mod to cover my bases) the 1.5 update wakes the CKAN Kraken with this error:

CKAN.InvalidModuleFileKraken: TundraTechnologies 1.5.0: C:\Users\tehph\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpCD9B.tmp has length 135760085, should be 135760122
   at CKAN.NetModuleCache.Store(CkanModule module, String path, String description, Boolean move)
   at CKAN.NetAsyncModulesDownloader.ModuleDownloadsComplete(NetModuleCache cache, Uri[] urls, String[] filenames, Exception[] errors)

Yeah, CKAN hates it when the file gets replaced. I'll see if I can sort that out.

Are WBI Tools required for the rockets?  When I load up the Tundra Exploration pack and go to the craft files it is showing errors with the message saying that it is missing the WBI multimode engine.  I didn't see WBI on the required or recommended mod list.  This error shows up for all of the Ghidorah variant craft files.  

7 hours ago, Galland1998 said:

Are WBI Tools required for the rockets?  When I load up the Tundra Exploration pack and go to the craft files it is showing errors with the message saying that it is missing the WBI multimode engine.  I didn't see WBI on the required or recommended mod list.  This error shows up for all of the Ghidorah variant craft files.  

Kerbal Actuators is a WBI mod, and it’s needed to have more than two engine modes on the Ghidorah and Gojira first stage engine clusters.

15 hours ago, aceman67 said:

I'm not sure but I believe it may be because @damonvv POSSIBLY reuploaded the file and used the same version number? Again, not sure. I've sent this issue to CKAN's issue tracker. If you're familiar with SHA1 hashes, MD5 checksums, etc. Basically, a reupload likely caused the file's SHA1 hash to change due to a minor change from the author.

When CKAN checks the SHA1 from the file downloaded against their cached zip file's SHA1, it triggers a security/file validation feature that prevents CKAN from serving a file that's corrupted/influenced by potentially malicious actors.

EDIT: Reading up, yes. The correct course of action for the future is to essentially upload even SMOL one-line edits as a new version number, so NetKAN's bot generates a new hash as its "control" to compare against.

Edited by Rabblerouser

In the meantime while CKAN fights their bot or damon finds a solution, you can download and install the mod manually from Spacedock. The file is safe to download!

It should be safe to manually uninstall/CKAN-reinstall the next update 'round to re-enable CKAN's version-checking!

Edited by Rabblerouser

First, I love love love this mod, thank you!

Small issue: I couldn't find if this has been addressed, but I'm having trouble attaching parachutes to the Rodan capsule. In both the provided craft files, and ones I've made myself, the parachutes start swinging around, like an elliptical orbit around the craft's centre. In some cases I can get them steady with autostrut to grandparent part, but then doing anything (like decoupling a launch pad part) causes them to fly around again. Has anyone encountered this issue? 

7 hours ago, mistergoblin said:

First, I love love love this mod, thank you!

Small issue: I couldn't find if this has been addressed, but I'm having trouble attaching parachutes to the Rodan capsule. In both the provided craft files, and ones I've made myself, the parachutes start swinging around, like an elliptical orbit around the craft's centre. In some cases I can get them steady with autostrut to grandparent part, but then doing anything (like decoupling a launch pad part) causes them to fly around again. Has anyone encountered this issue? 

Never seen this before. .craft files come with parachutes and they worked as intended. Are you using a mod that effects chutes?