[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

2 minutes ago, TachyonGMZ said:

Will the gojira/BFR have better gimballing and stronger reaction wheels wo It can actually land on duna? At the moment it is impossible to flip around even with rcs as the gimbal is not strong enough. Will it have realplume at some point?

Yes, we have tried get Gojira as realistic to BFR as possible. But we will change some things so it's easier for users to fly it. For the realplume, you should read some of it here http://www.nakka-rocketry.net/th_2phf.html If you talk about the plume. Gojira supports RealPlume/SmokeScreen. If you talk about why it doesn't have a trail. The reason you don't see a trail is because liquid engines don't have much two phase flow. Meaning liquid engines have better combustion. That's why you don't really notice the trail. But I highly recommend to read the link I provided. 

@damonvv The plume looks like the stock teardrop plume shape even though I have realplume installed. Is that due to using ckan? How am I supposed to realistically reenter the bfr in duna's atmosphere. I am currently using 6.4x rescale and smurff do you think lowering the mass from smurff has made it harder to turn due to it being lighter so its weight cant push through the air? When I hyperedit to duna orbit the ground looks jagged like it isnt loading properly. I know that is nothing to do with you but I was wondering if you knew why, is it due  to hyperediting so fast it cant load fast enough?

1 minute ago, TachyonGMZ said:

@damonvv The plume looks like the stock teardrop plume shape even though I have realplume installed. Is that due to using ckan? How am I supposed to realistically reenter the bfr in duna's atmosphere. I am currently using 6.4x rescale and smurff do you think lowering the mass from smurff has made it harder to turn due to it being lighter so its weight cant push through the air? When I hyperedit to duna orbit the ground looks jagged like it isnt loading properly. I know that is nothing to do with you but I was wondering if you knew why, is it due  to hyperediting so fast it cant load fast enough?

Oh well, I think that must be some bug on Realplume/SmokeScreen side. A lot of times if you use the Dragon capsule and you want to re-enter. You don't see the plumes anymore. Not sure if I can fix that myself. Also, I don't think BFR will work in a 6.4x rescale. It was designed to be in stock or 2.5 scale at max. As soon as we get the stock version more balanced. I can look at other rescale factors.

@damonvv I use smurff to make stock parts work in rescale It decreases tank and fuel weight I think and I wanted to know if a lower mass would make it harder to reenter properly. Is it supposed to go tailfirst in real life? Do you plan on USI life support or any life support recycling compatibility?

4 minutes ago, TachyonGMZ said:

@damonvv I use smurff to make stock parts work in rescale It decreases tank and fuel weight I think and I wanted to know if a lower mass would make it harder to reenter properly. Is it supposed to go tailfirst in real life? Do you plan on USI life support or any life support recycling compatibility?

Aha, I'm not familiar with smurff so I can't tell myself. 

Here's a video of how it should re-enter. Sadly this is much harder to do in KSP. My way of doing it is trail first. It's the only way I can land the BFS in the current state without tipping over and going nose first. But for the update that will come this week we will balance it more so it flies better.

And yes, I forgot about the recycle LS part. Will add that too.

Edited by damonvv

1 minute ago, TachyonGMZ said:

@damonvv Sorry to complain again :P but could you make the gojira stack decoupler be staged because at the moment it is not counted as a decoupler in the staging sequence.

Haha yes, the decoupler is kinda broken. Will be fixed too :wink: 

3 minutes ago, eskimo22 said:

How do I get the solar panels? they aren't in the mod

I know! They are in Near Future Solar, the full version. My mod only comes with the plugin. Get the full mod here;

On the engine with the two modes for the gojira launcher the gimbals are swapped. In the landing mode there is no gimbal as only the outer gimbal works, I think the center ones are supposed to gimbal not the outer ones. Don't worry damonvv, as much as I nitpick I still love this mod and others do too. :D

3 minutes ago, TachyonGMZ said:

On the engine with the two modes for the gojira launcher the gimbals are swapped. In the landing mode there is no gimbal as only the outer gimbal works, I think the center ones are supposed to gimbal not the outer ones. Don't worry damonvv, as much as I nitpick I still love this mod and others do too. :D

Haha yes, I noticed it too just after release, will be fixed in the next few days! And much appreciated for the love :) 

2 hours ago, Holy Smoke said:

Is there any way to jettison the docking shield on the dragon? The docking port is obstructed by the shield when attempting to dock.

I want to link you to one of @tygoo7s post about that;
https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/74988-oldtundra-exploration/&do=findComment&comment=2983585

Would you be able to make a gojira passenger and cargo command module texture option without the heat shield so they can be added to other parts and not just the premade fuel tanks?

Edited by TachyonGMZ
Realised tech tree is in known issues.

Just now, TachyonGMZ said:

Look up real fuels, its a mod that allows for real delta v and propellants. I use it with RSS.

Aha I see, yeah this mod currently doesn't support RSS as long as BFR is still not fully ready for stock.