[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

3 minutes ago, notJebKerman said:

Is it the same way for spaceship engines too? i guess in this case its not really that important since it only has 6 of them, but still...

No, the ship has 2 parts for the engines, 4 vacuum, and 3 sea level engines (works efficient within the atmosphere)

Edit: https://i.imgur.com/zodPyox.gifv

Edited by damonvv

On 11/20/2017 at 6:16 AM, damonvv said:

The idea of having a kerbalized Electron is not bad, and I might even want to add it, although it does need a far better texture on it.. Can you send the files over in a PM? I might even want to add it with the 1.0 release soon

As a Kiwi, i NEED this!

27 minutes ago, tygoo7 said:

That is looking so cool man! Are you planning on making an IVA for it?

I am, but that will take a lot of time. So I'm not sure if I add it with this release.

Edited by damonvv

3 hours ago, damonvv said:

A little tease from an upcoming mod by @Omega482

How did you get it from him/her?

@damonvv I think it would be interesting if someone made a plugin for this mod that hooks in with ScrapYard and switches the texture to the reused one rather than the new one. What do you think about it? But, the problem here is that we have no one (I think) who will make the plugin.

4 minutes ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

How did you get it from him/her?

@damonvv I think it would be interesting if someone made a plugin for this mod that hooks in with ScrapYard and switches the texture to the reused one rather than the new one. What do you think about it? But, the problem here is that we have no one (I think) who will make the plugin.

interesting, haven't used that mod before so not sure how that all works, but I'll take a look.

56 minutes ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

No, it would require a custom plugin to interface with it, to enable building a new F9, and switching the texture. Just the mod wouldn't work

Yeah I don't know how to write a plugin. For now you can use B9 to switch textures mid-flight, it's cool though!

A very special thanks to @Beale@CobaltWolf and @Nertea as well as many forum members for the help and advise they gave me to make something awesome, @Rock3tman_ for helping balancing the BFR parts as well as testing, and @DiscoSlelge for creating this awesome patch!

Version 1.0 comes with:

- Gojira command pod with fuel tank, engine shroud and engines (SpaceX's BFS)
- Gojira BFT-9000 Fuel Tank, engines and probe core (SpaceX's BFR)
- Revamp Ghidorah 9 textures (includes a brand new version as well as a landed/reused one) (Needs B9 Part Switch)
- Revamp Rodan and Gigan pod
- Balancing parts
- No IVA on Gojira, but coming in future update

(Clean install is recommended!)

Enjoy the update and happy launches!

P.S. I hope I didn't break CKAN :/ 

Edited by damonvv

46 minutes ago, FutureMartian97 said:

This is great! Thank you so much! I've noticed something though. I can't actually make the full BFR because the decoupler has no node to attach to. 

Wait what? That’s interesting. It worked for me when I tried. Can you check the BFS craft file and see if you can detach the BFR in the VAB and reattach it? I’m not near my pc so I can’t check myself.

I made the craft file just before release, so everything should work. Maybe a reinstall of the mod might work.

Edited by damonvv

The BFR looks nice! Way to over powered though. Do you plan on balancing it? Currently not only is the upperstage itself a single stage to orbit, but you probably could get to Duna leaving the launch pad with nothing but the upperstage without re-fueling. I think I reached around 4000ms launching straight of the launch pad with the UpperStage. Right this sec the BFR doesn't need a booster to reach orbit or leave kerbins sphere of influence. The upperstage probably shouldn't even be able to produce a TWR over 1 with a full tank.