[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

Thanks for mentioning my video @damonvv, this mod is amazing! The crane was a combination of Infernal robotics and Kerbal Attachment System. Regarding the rover, that actually didn't fit through the hatch but thanfully, KSP doesn't check clipping on the vessel itself...
Here's what it looked like when I took it out:
Album https://imgur.com/a/PGV5y6x will appear when post is submitted

@Drakenex All landings in this video are real, you can see the smoke coming out of the engines, not being sucked in :) Wouldn't be possible without kOS though, I wrote some scripts to land the booster on the pad and the ship on the VAB (they can land pretty much anywhere with good precision).

Marcus House made some videos about kOS, you can check them out if you're interested :)

1 hour ago, Nessus_ said:

@Drakenex All landings in this video are real, you can see the smoke coming out of the engines, not being sucked in :) Wouldn't be possible without kOS though, I wrote some scripts to land the booster on the pad and the ship on the VAB (they can land pretty much anywhere with good precision).

Marcus House made some videos about kOS, you can check them out if you're interested :)

Scripted landings... that makes it even more impressive! excellent, thanks for sharing.

Just now, space_powder said:

Nope, Kerbal Reusability Expansion does though, and lots of other parts!

Yeah, I have KRE, great mod!! I was just wondering as the screenshots of the Dragon 2 in this mod have SuperDraco engines. Are they just part of the pod's texture?

Just now, RealKerbal3x said:

Yeah, I have KRE, great mod!! I was just wondering as the screenshots of the Dragon 2 in this mod have SuperDraco engines. Are they just part of the pod's texture?

Yes, they are build in the pod.

Just installed this mod! Looks great. I can't wait to try it :D

New query: I know that you need Near Future Solar for the BFR solar panels but would it work if I was to copy the file of the BFR panels from that mod into this mod, so I don't have to have a bunch of parts I don't need sitting in Gamedata?

Edited by RealKerbal3x

On 7/1/2018 at 10:13 PM, damonvv said:

Testing 9, 3 and 1 engine modes!

Is this already integrated or coming in a future release? Also, what about Tundra Technologies? Changelog says it should be there, but I can't see anything?

@Nessus_ I guess you resized the whole thing? Solar panels (are they from Near Future Solar?) seem a bit smaller than usual.
Are you using FAR? I wonder if your scripts would work in the stock game. I have a hard time landing the BFR booster, especially balancing fuel consumption - I need to start the landing burn (center only) high up, so I need a lot of fuel, which makes the booster heavier, so I need to start burning even higher up...
Also, your BFS is using just 2 of the vacuum engines - why?

2 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

Is this already integrated or coming in a future release? Also, what about Tundra Technologies? Changelog says it should be there, but I can't see anything?

in the .zip file you have 2 folders, Tundra Exploration and Tundra Technologies, they work for me so idk.

also yes, these engine switch will be in the next version!

@infinite_monkey Ok, one thing after another :) Yes, the spaceship parts use custom configs that rescale them to be 9m in diameter and yes, the solar panels are from Near Future Solar and yes, they are indeed small, I installed them last minute and didn't resize them. I use RO with all recommended mods, including FAR and (not only) because of that it would take a lot of work to make the scripts work in stock KSP. Changing the required velocities wouldn't be too hard, but there are a lot of references to RO throughout the code (Earth <-> Kerbin, LqdMethane, LqdOxygen <-> LiquidFuel, Oxidizer) but with a bit of time it is certainly possible.

Lastly, why only two engines? During most of the mission the spaceships tanks are <25% full (more deltaV per ton of fuel). With all 4 engines the ship would accelarate with ~3-4g. So it's easier on the crew (and therefore more realistic) to use only two engines if possible.

46 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

Oh, I was installing from CKAN, there the TT folder seems to be missing.

On 10/27/2017 at 2:47 PM, damonvv said:

CKAN is NOT supported by me, any problems with it is not on me.

;) 

On 7/4/2018 at 11:52 AM, RealKerbal3x said:

New query: I know that you need Near Future Solar for the BFR solar panels but would it work if I was to copy the file of the BFR panels from that mod into this mod, so I don't have to have a bunch of parts I don't need sitting in Gamedata?

You can just delete all the other parts in NFS.

On 7/4/2018 at 5:52 PM, RealKerbal3x said:

You need the Near Future Solar plugin for the dragon v2 trunk to work. So I would recommend to atleast install the full mod first, then only remove the parts you don't need. Don't delete the plugin itself.

11 hours ago, damonvv said:

You need the Near Future Solar plugin for the dragon v2 trunk to work. So I would recommend to atleast install the full mod first, then only remove the parts you don't need. Don't delete the plugin itself.

I have the ‘core’ plugin as that’s the dependency for the mod, but do I need the full version for the trunk to work?

1 minute ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I have the ‘core’ plugin as that’s the dependency for the mod, but do I need the full version for the trunk to work?

No you just need the core plugin for the dragon trunk to work.