[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

Just now, damonvv said:

My parrot told me that you have to wait on CKAN. It's just that CKAN is a machine, and machines have their work cycles and their rest cycles. CKAN is not one that's looking every second for work to do.

And thank you for going above and beyond by reading my question in another thread to someone else and answering it for them because apparently I'm a mirage....

5 hours ago, RocketScientist said:

Something small, but I've noticed the burnt textures don't match with the actual legs

on the second picture, you have the legs too far up the bottom hinges should be on the top of the engine black part

1 hour ago, space_powder said:

Perhaps a barge could be added, with an engine and probe core, something like in the SpaceX Launchers Pack, albeit with your stockalike style?

there is a mod for kerbal konstructs but it's a static prop

Perhaps a barge could be added, with an engine and probe core, something like in the SpaceX Launchers Pack, albeit with your stockalike style?

If I make a barge, it will most likely be a KK static as well.

2 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

There is another mod containing 2 barges as single parts, but I'm not very happy with it.

I like the "just add more boosters" KK static barge :D I just need to find out how the new RecoveryBase works. Didn't work for me yet.

SpaceX launch clamps would be nice, though.

XHP75Dc.png

Hope this clears things up ;) 

5 hours ago, space_powder said:

Oh man, can we get a nice lil' sneak peek of the updated Dragon V2? The roadmap says you have finished modeling and texturing the command pod, and I can't wait till October without some pics of it!

3 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

And what is a Cargo Dragon V2?

Cargo Dragon V2 is essentially this but without windows and fins etc. But we will know more about cargo v2 after first crewed flights.

FK3DSXc.png

New release! Version 1.1.4

- Added new Ghidorah 9 plumes by @JadeOfMaar
- Added new Gigan RCS FX (plume by @Beale
- Added 3 engine modes for Ghidorah 9 (all 9, 3 engines and center only) You need Kerbal Actuators for it to work!
- Added black nosecones for Ghidorah Heavy Block 5
- Fixed Gojira crew pod antenna
- Fixed fairing colliding with upper stage
- Fixed texture slightly off landed Ghidorah version

I will be holiday soon, modeling continues in September! Happy launches!

Download: HERRRE!

mgkLQHN.png

Edited by damonvv

Nice, for some reason when I decouple my first stage, FMRS just turns off and when I check it doesn't show any seperated stages. It doesn't give a damn if I change the root part, it just won't work.

EDIT: Didn't mention, I'm using the Ghidorah 9 with no payload because I was testing if FMRS works or not

EDIT2: I fixed it, the upper stage didn't have a probe core, that's why. I got another issue though: I just can't flip the first stage with the thrusters, they're too weak

Edited by space_powder