[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

Just now, BRAAAP_STUTUTU said:

neat, so uhh, the old BFR will just get removed entirely? no legacy 2017 version anymore?

That will come, but it won’t be those models anymore. A few pages back I posted how the new 2017 bfr looks like (slightly taller than current 2017 bfr)

2 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

Downloaded the latest version and all dependencies but the landings legs on the heatshild of dragon doesn`t work. Button is there to extend but it happened nothing. KSP 1.4.5

I keep forgetting things.. It works on my test save but I forgot to put it on github. Will do asap!

@BRAAAP_STUTUTU Thanks for noticing that issue with the Pathfinder configs. That's a part I struggle hard with and leave for last. What's your formula for converting between the fuel amounts (without B9PS or Pathfinder) and the Pathfinder capacityFactor? I'll need this for additional parts like the BFS 2018 tanks which aren't present in your config update.

4 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@BRAAAP_STUTUTU Thanks for noticing that issue with the Pathfinder configs. That's a part I struggle hard with and leave for last. What's your formula for converting between the fuel amounts (without B9PS or Pathfinder) and the Pathfinder capacityFactor? I'll need this for additional parts like the BFS 2018 tanks which aren't present in your config update.

basically divide the amount of a set resource in the tank and divide by the amount in the wilbluetools/templates folder (with subfolder /common/storage for stock KSP resources)

for a pure liquidfuel tank you divide the amount of LF by 1800 (refernce capacityfactor 1 amount)

for a LFOX tank you divide the amount of LF by 810 or the amount of OX by 990 or literally just take the total count divided by 1800, it doesn't really matter

basically just look at the resource template and divide the amount of the resource that tank can carry by the number in the matching resource template

basically:  resource capacity of tank of set resource divided by set resource amount found in the corresponding template

in essence if you have a tank that can carry X amount of resource R, divide by the amount of said resource that is found in the template of said resource set

basically:

STORAGE_TEMPLATE
{
    name = LFO
    author = Angel-125
    shortName = LFO
    logoPanel = WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Decals/LFO
    glowPanel = WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Decals/LFOGlow
    description = This kit stores LiquidFuel and Oxidizer, propellants for rockets.
    templateTags = stowage

RESOURCE
    {
         name = LiquidFuel
         amount = 810
         maxAmount = 810
    }

RESOURCE
    {
        name = Oxidizer
        amount = 990
        maxAmount = 990
    }

}

this is the template for LFO mix, in order to find out the capacityfactor of the tank you want to have WBIstorage for you divide the amount of either resource that the tank carries by the amount of said resource in the template

as in, if your tank carries 8100LF and 9900OX you divide the  tanks 8100LF by the templates 810LF which nets you a capacityfactor of 8100/810=10

does this do it for you or is my explanation unclear?

Oh and don't worry about it,i just wanted to make my BFR's actually work without cheats because evidentially having only 4500Dv was pretty bad lol, i'm no stranger to config editing shenanigans (used to do LOTS of that when i played modded minecraft, oh god the manual item ID's were the worst) :p

[LOG 10:29:51.095] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'TundraExploration/Parts/Falcon9/TE_FH_Decoupler/TE_FH_Decoupler'
[ERR 10:29:51.111] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleAnimatedAnchoredDecoupler'

[ERR 10:29:51.112] No renderers found on transform FH_Decoupler_L

[ERR 10:29:51.112] No renderers found on transform FH_Decoupler_R

[ERR 10:29:51.118] No renderers found on transform FH_Decoupler_L

[ERR 10:29:51.118] No renderers found on transform FH_Decoupler_R

[ERR 10:29:51.121] No renderers found on transform FH_Decoupler_L

[ERR 10:29:51.121] No renderers found on transform FH_Decoupler_R

Is Animated Decouplers an unlisted dependency? I tried using GH02 decoupler, but it had no decouple action whatsoever. A quick look into the logs gave me that error.

I didn't check if installing AD fixes the issue, I'll try once I get back home :) (looking into the logs while en-route :)).

Just now, Marandil said:

Is Animated Decouplers an unlisted dependency? I tried using GH02 decoupler, but it had no decouple action whatsoever. A quick look into the logs gave me that error.

I didn't check if installing AD fixes the issue, I'll try once I get back home :) (looking into the logs while en-route :)).

yes! it's not for the current release so that's why it's not in the OP but I did mention it once when I got a new beta up. Should have said it a few times! (be sure to install these 2 for the new beta to work!)

@Miza @Starwaster I uploaded RO configs a few pages back, they're not 100% perfect yet but they give you a pretty realistic BFR and Raptor engines in RSS/RO. The BFS plumes you see on the first page are Real Plume configs by me, based on the awseome plumes by @JadeOfMaar. The stock-size plumes are already part of the TE github, you can download the RO configs with the RO-size plumes here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DGrzOa6sgHp2y2pmTUkg94H8Nr_YAWk5

Ci1Yo5c.jpg

On 10/19/2018 at 3:19 PM, damonvv said:

I'd have to add this to the fins first, but I wonder if kOS can read out the hatch on dragon to test first?

Yay, I can totally read and control the hatch on the DragonV2 :D

The only minor problem is that, same as if you control it manually, it jumps right to the value and doesn't animate it slowly like when you click the toggle button. But that's not really an issue, since I can handle that in code.

Oh i'm loving the rodan pod, i'm gonna use them as escape/drop pods on the DSEV i'll build later, having engines, RCS, snack capacity and storage capacity at the same time is great, 3000m/s should be enough for my parachute using "Blue Rodan" Duna excursion and escape vehicles

and MAN is the TWR on the rodan crazy, pretty sure you could make an SSTO out of it with enough monoprop tanks

on a sidenote, does anyone know how the cargo BFR/BFS is supposed to deploy cargo when it's on the planets surface?

Edited by BRAAAP_STUTUTU

1 hour ago, BRAAAP_STUTUTU said:

on a sidenote, does anyone know how the cargo BFR/BFS is supposed to deploy cargo when it's on the planets surface?

That's been one of my main concerns for a long time... I don't think there is any official presentation of the BFS cargo yet. I'm pretty sure it's not gonna be like TE's old cargo BFS. That one is fine for satellites etc. (which SpaceX says is needed to fund the BFS), but totally impractical for putting something on a planet's surface.

It all totally depends on WHAT they want to put there. There is no mission plan at all so far, so I highly doubt a BFS will go to Mars in 2022 or even 2024. I want to bring Duna modules from MKS. For that, a cargo door like the new TE BFS has is too small. I guess for something of that size, about 120° of the bay need to open like a huge door. Then a crane would need to bring stuff to the ground.

For smaller parts, I think it's fine to use the normal BFS without crew cabins, and bring stuff down with a crane installed in the cargo bay.

53 minutes ago, HotVector said:

Yeah, you are right. That does seem impractical. Well, when worse comes to worst, you can transfer them to whatever you need using KAS/KIS.

I know, but that implies having big enough KIS containers already on the ground. I don't know if big MKS parts would fit in there. Plus, I want it to be a little more realistic. Sadly, it seems pretty hard to build a crane that actually works and doesn't break apart or blow things up or haul them around like crazy :D