[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

18 hours ago, Natokerbal said:

@damonvv for FMRS what do you have your separation delay setting set at? the Interstage and the MVAC engine collide and blow up parts of the rocket and cause it to start spinning uncontrollably.

Yeah I need to fix that.. not sure how. I did increase the decouple force but that didn't work.. Although SpaceX uses its thrusters to move away from the interstage.

Edited by damonvv

8 hours ago, damonvv said:

Yeah I need to fix that.. not sure how. I did increase the decouple force but that didn't work.. Although SpaceX uses its thrusters to move away from the interstage.

I think they just use the pusher mechanism. I don't think the nitrogen thrusters do enough to actually push it away I think it just settles the fuel in the tanks

4 hours ago, Allyen said:

You cant dock with the BFR in this mod. PLZ FIX

Nobody else has made this report recently. If your savegame is highly modded, try again in a new save or copy your KSP folder, delete most of the mods out of it, and try docking with BFR in that.

Tundra Exploration v1.3 is live!

It includes the following:
- Revamped Mothra 1 launcher
- Revamped Ghidorah 9 launcher
- Revamped Gigan parts
- Updated sounds/patches
- Expandable plumes by @Nessus_ for Ghidorah 9 (needs Smokescreen)
- Added strongback (Needs Advanced Textures)
- Added CCK support
- Added new logo's for Ghidorah and Gigan thanks to @DiscoSlelge! Find more about his art here!

To do's:

- I delayed IVAs because I found a mod called "MAS IVAs" that gives me what I need. So this one is coming in the next version for sure. I promise..
- Gojira (Starship) will get her overhaul when Elon shares more pics of Starship!

For the strongback and craft files to work, you also have to install Advanced Textures in order to see it.
gkj6VaX.png

Happy launches!

aCaKbAE.jpg

Edited by damonvv

@damonvv ok 5 things...

1. I love the New dragon and Falcons

2. TEL is awesome

3. I figured out stage sep

4. Cargo dragon has the same bug as crew dragon where it wants to reenter like a starship (Sideways)

5. Do you plan on upgrading Tundra technologies?

EDIT: the TEL won't let go of my ghidorah even though the tower falls back. (this)

Edited by Natokerbal

@damonvv Thank you for the update! I'm looking forward to playing with that strongback!

A question about this:

I delayed IVAs because I found a mod called "MAS IVAs" that gives me what I need. So this one is coming in the next version for sure. I promise..

Does this mean that MAS IVAs will be a dependency in the future? Interactive IVA props always seem to considerably affect performance on my old laptop :(

6 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

@damonvv Thank you for the update! I'm looking forward to playing with that strongback!

A question about this:

Does this mean that MAS IVAs will be a dependency in the future? Interactive IVA props always seem to considerably affect performance on my old laptop :(

If you will use the interactive IVA then MAS will be a dependency.
But like RPM you can use mods without it. Either you hav no IVA or the stock-one, depending if the IVA is hardcoded or set via mm-patch.

7 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

@damonvv So this is a breaking update? I can't load my game, as all the old F9 tanks are missing.

That is weird... the F9 are new models but the old ones should be there so nothing breaks..

7 hours ago, Chimichanga said:

lost a bunch of crafts using the cargo heatshields...

Again, that shouldn’t have happened. I’m not sure what went wrong as I’ve tested this before

1 hour ago, RealKerbal3x said:

A question about this:

Nope you don’t need it. I will make a version that doesn’t need MAS. Does NearFutureProps also give you lag?

4 hours ago, Natokerbal said:

@damonvv ok 5 things...

1. I love the New dragon and Falcons

2. TEL is awesome

3. I figured out stage sep

4. Cargo dragon has the same bug as crew dragon where it wants to reenter like a starship (Sideways)

5. Do you plan on upgrading Tundra technologies?

EDIT: the TEL won't let go of my ghidorah even though the tower falls back. (this)

Hmm, do you have Animated Decouplers? But then it shouldn’t fall back in the first place.. try again from a clean craft?

5 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

I noticed the new SRC-9 Unpressurized Cargo Trunk is missing an attachment node on the upper inside end, so you can't put any cargo there. Also, the WK-4 Solar Panel has no texture. And there is still the old WK-41.

I was sure I added that node. Not sure where that one went. I’m aftraid something bad happened when I made that zip file... I should stop doing releases at midnight

8 minutes ago, space_powder said:

So if I want the expandable plumes for F9, do I need only SmokeScreen for them to work, or can I keep RealPlume and RealPlume-Stock for other mods that use it?

Yeah thats fine, my mod just doesn’t need realplume but that doesn’t mean you can’t have it installed!

20 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

No, not really. I have a couple of Nertea's mods which use NFP, and they don't cause so much of a hit, probably because they aren't interactive screens or anything.

Cool, then I can make 2 versions. One for MAS and one with NFP

7 hours ago, Chimichanga said:

lost a bunch of crafts using the cargo heatshields...

Do you have a backup? I will release a 1.3.1 that should fix it

6 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

I noticed the new SRC-9 Unpressurized Cargo Trunk is missing an attachment node on the upper inside end, so you can't put any cargo there. Also, the WK-4 Solar Panel has no texture. And there is still the old WK-41.

WK-41 is the new solar panel. The WK-4 shouldn't be shown in the VAB. in 1.3.0.1 everything that has a grey texture is old and should be replaced manually with new parts.

Edited by damonvv