[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

7 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

Yeah I need that one again... But at the very beginning it doesn't help, since the Mothra S1 engine has no attachment point at the bottom. I guess we need that Falcon1 launch tower ;) 

It doesn't have one? :blush: noted

4 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

Yeah I need that one again... But at the very beginning it doesn't help, since the Mothra S1 engine has no attachment point at the bottom. I guess we need that Falcon1 launch tower ;) 

There's a Tundra patch in the current release (1.3.8) of Modular Launch Pads that adds an extra node to the Mothra (Falcon1) first stage tank, it will appear well below the bottom of the tank, even below the engine. This extra node is for attaching one of the launch bases.

The v2 dev build, on my Github in the AlphaDev branch, has all the new stuff that has been used in many screenshots...including a mini version of my General Strongback.

Damon's own strongbacks included with TE are far more like the actual SpaceX ones; mine is only SpaceX-ish, intended to be a more general design. :)

Got a weird issue. I've unlocked the whole tech tree, but the Gojira fins are not appearing in my parts list. I did have them appearing before the latest TE update. My save file lists the fins under the unlocked HeavierRocketry node.

8 hours ago, politas said:

Got a weird issue. I've unlocked the whole tech tree, but the Gojira fins are not appearing in my parts list. I did have them appearing before the latest TE update. My save file lists the fins under the unlocked HeavierRocketry node.

Known issue, fix coming tonight 

Tundra Exploration 1.5.0.1 is live with a few tiny changes:

- Fixed Gojira fins not showing up in Tech Tree
- Fixed some Bagorah parts having the same name as Ghidorah parts

Download here!

11 hours ago, Masterdestructo said:

Why do the BFR fins move my ship around, when its landed?

8 hours ago, Starwaster said:

Too flexible or too slippery? 

Yeah I am not sure. I have the same problem with the KRE landing legs. 

22 hours ago, damonvv said:

Yeah I am not sure. I have the same problem with the KRE landing legs. 

Maybe try experimenting with ModulePhysicMaterial? It's what the grippy things use; increases friction so they don't slip as much.

3 hours ago, boylesmason113 said:

I can't install Tundra Exploration on CKAN for whatever reason. It shows that it should work with the current patch, but doesn't give me the option to download it.

Just download it from GitHub or SpaceDock, CKAN in my opinion is only worth using for RP-0 installs. Additionally, this is a problem for the CKAN thread, not this one.

9 hours ago, boylesmason113 said:

I can't install Tundra Exploration on CKAN for whatever reason. It shows that it should work with the current patch, but doesn't give me the option to download it.

You need to make sure that your "Compatible" list includes all the dependencies. Use the KSP Version Compatibility options to get them all showing.

@damonvv There's a little bug which I've been having with this mod for a while - the mode-switching on the Ghidorah S1 engine cluster appears to confuse the stock dV display. When the cluster is on the 'AllEngines' mode, the dV is calculated normally, but when it's on 'ThreeLanding' or 'CenterOnly', the dV meter displays 0m/s, regardless of whether there's fuel available or not. Just wanted to bring it to your attention.

And unrelated, but would it be possible to make the decals on the Gigan solar panel fairings toggleable?

1 minute ago, RealKerbal3x said:

@damonvv There's a little bug which I've been having with this mod for a while - the mode-switching on the Ghidorah S1 engine cluster appears to confuse the stock dV display. When the cluster is on the 'AllEngines' mode, the dV is calculated normally, but when it's on 'ThreeLanding' or 'CenterOnly', the dV meter displays 0m/s, regardless of whether there's fuel available or not. Just wanted to bring it to your attention.

And unrelated, but would it be possible to make the decals on the Gigan solar panel fairings toggleable?

Yes. That’s a stock bug. I advise to use BasicdV as this mod fixed the bug.

And yes. Forgot to put it in the last update. But will make sure its in the next one.

1 hour ago, SpeedShot7 said:

Hey are there any plans for making the BFR/Starship have a stainless steel texture any time soon?

Elon is planning on doing another press conference about the new Starship. I heard the design changed again so I wait until I start redoing it again.

8 hours ago, hieywiey said:

Is LADEE on hold for now?

LADEE is in the works, but slowly.

2 hours ago, Anonim2 said:

Is this mod Real Size or Kerbaled? 

This mod is balanced for stock/2.5/2.7x scale. RO configs in the making.

On 7/21/2019 at 7:35 AM, Starwaster said:

Maybe try experimenting with ModulePhysicMaterial? It's what the grippy things use; increases friction so they don't slip as much.

How do I set it up? I can't find info about it