[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

Hi I have a request.  Is there a way to modify the GIGAN "Cargo Dragon" part so it has a less capable flight computer?      I play with community tech tree and have only unlocked the OKYT which only has SAS assist and the HECS which has SAS assist and SAS for Prograde and RetroGrade.    

GIGAN "Cargo Dragon Flight computer is end game capable,  but You unlock the GIGAN "Cargo Dragon" very early in the community tech tree. 

All I am asking is some info on how to modify the GIGAN "Cargo Dragon" part so I can reduced it to what I have unlocked.

Thanks.

21 hours ago, Twidget_Gray said:

Hi I have a request.  Is there a way to modify the GIGAN "Cargo Dragon" part so it has a less capable flight computer?      I play with community tech tree and have only unlocked the OKYT which only has SAS assist and the HECS which has SAS assist and SAS for Prograde and RetroGrade.    

GIGAN "Cargo Dragon Flight computer is end game capable,  but You unlock the GIGAN "Cargo Dragon" very early in the community tech tree. 

All I am asking is some info on how to modify the GIGAN "Cargo Dragon" part so I can reduced it to what I have unlocked.

Thanks.

Not really sure. But I have a feeling that the dragon pod is in the wrong place in that tech tree. Other than that I have no real idea of how to make it "less capable".

2 hours ago, damonvv said:

Not really sure. But I have a feeling that the dragon pod is in the wrong place in that tech tree. Other than that I have no real idea of how to make it "less capable".

He means to give it a reduced SAS level in ModuleCommand, which can be done with a Module Manager patch.

4 minutes ago, AlphaMensae said:

He means to give it a reduced SAS level in ModuleCommand, which can be done with a Module Manager patch.

Or even better, to have it operate with different SAS levels as the relevant tech nodes are unlocked.

On 9/16/2019 at 7:35 PM, damonvv said:

I also think that the Bagorah comes too early. The Bagorah tanks/engines are the only 2.5m parts I currently have - I don't even have decouplers for it :D I think it should go to "Heavy Rocketry".

2 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

I also think that the Bagorah comes too early. The Bagorah tanks/engines are the only 2.5m parts I currently have - I don't even have decouplers for it :D I think it should go to "Heavy Rocketry".

I can't control the tech tree from the community tech tree

17 hours ago, damonvv said:

I can't control the tech tree from the community tech tree

Sure, but I just checked the config files, ignoring CTT for the moment. Stock 2.5 meter parts come with "Fuel Systems" for tanks, "Heavy Rocketry" for Poodle/Skipper and "Heavier Rocketry" for the Mainsail engine. As most Ghidorah parts also come with "Heavier Rocketry", I think it would make sense to move Bagorah engines to "Heavy Rocketry" and tanks to "Fuel Systems".

15 hours ago, SpeedShot7 said:

What new things are coming in the next update, and when is it expected to release?

So my plan for the TE v1.7 are:
na5yUBD.png

Source: https://trello.com/b/kIaopWmm/tundra-exploration-roadmap

I am not sure when it will be released. It all depends on when KSP 1.8 arrives and how much will break. I am not sure if TE v1.7 will have the 2019 Starship update. Currently the presentation is on the 28th. So will see how much time I have between that and the KSP 1.8 update.

1 hour ago, RealKerbal3x said:

You're planning cold gas thrusters and landing gear? Is that to reduce the number of dependencies needed?

No I just wanted to make my own. (Nicer plumes and stable legs). I cannot recreate the fins as they really need a custom plugin. And KRE is the only one that has that feature.

On 9/21/2019 at 4:57 AM, damonvv said:

So my plan for the TE v1.7 are:
na5yUBD.png

Source: https://trello.com/b/kIaopWmm/tundra-exploration-roadmap

I am not sure when it will be released. It all depends on when KSP 1.8 arrives and how much will break. I am not sure if TE v1.7 will have the 2019 Starship update. Currently the presentation is on the 28th. So will see how much time I have between that and the KSP 1.8 update.

Sounds great! Also, how could I give some of the parts the ability to use Textures Unlimited (if thats possible)? That way we could be able to make our own Stainless-Steel-like Starship as we wait for the next update.

25 minutes ago, SpeedShot7 said:

Sounds great! Also, how could I give some of the parts the ability to use Textures Unlimited (if thats possible)? That way we could be able to make our own Stainless-Steel-like Starship as we wait for the next update.

Some have tried, yet because my Starship has a black belly it won't work.

2 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Do you plan to use the stock shiny metal shader or Textures Unlimited when you update Starship to the latest version?

Unclear yet. I start modeling when the presentation is over (next week). Then I will test various ways to get Stainless Steel working and that it looks nice.