damonvv

[1.7.x] Tundra Exploration - v1.6.0 (August 17th) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, Dragon V2 and Starship! RO Compatible!

Recommended Posts

Just now, damonvv said:

I have one but not fully optimized, I can send it in a few hours. 

yeah that would be grand, il will help where i can. I had this mod a while back but only just noticed you re released it with the BFS so im very willing to help where i can. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Space Kadet said:

yeah that would be grand, il will help where i can. I had this mod a while back but only just noticed you re released it with the BFS so im very willing to help where i can. 

That would be great! @Rock3tman_ is the one balancing all the BFR side right now, always room for a little more help :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi i have problems that this mod don't shows in The Janitor's Closet filters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, www2 said:

Hi i have problems that this mod don't shows in The Janitor's Closet filters.

Hi! I use the Janitor's Closet filters myself too and they show up there with no problem. Any way I can reproduce the issue? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, www2 said:

Thx it was a PEBCAK problem on my part.

Ah sweet! Glad it worked!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi :). Could you create an unmanned first stage module for Ghidorah, as for Gojira? It is not very pleasant to set a standard
P.S: Sorry for my English, I'm from Russia :blush:

Edited by mie mie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mie mie said:

Hi :). Could you create an unmanned first stage module for Ghidorah, as for Gojira? It is not very pleasant to set a standard
P.S: Sorry for my English, I'm from Russia :blush:

First stage? Gojira has a first stage probe (5 meter part), here is a .craft file for it: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1y6dyjqpszgwag3/BFS-Gojira.craft?dl=0

@Space Kadet here is the file.

(Please use caution for this craft, as it is currently not very balanced!)

P.s. I see you meant Ghidorah.. Yes, I have plans to make a little 2,5 meter probe that fits with the whole rocket!

Edited by damonvv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, damonvv said:

First stage? Gojira has a first stage probe (5 meter part), here is a .craft file for it: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1y6dyjqpszgwag3/BFS-Gojira.craft?dl=0

@Space Kadet here is the file.

(Please use caution for this craft, as it is currently not very balanced!)

P.s. I see you meant Ghidorah.. Yes, I have plans to make a little 2,5 meter probe that fits with the whole rocket!

Or you could just add a probe core to the interstage...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, notJebKerman said:

Or you could just add a probe core to the interstage...

That... is actually not a bad idea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, FutureMartian97 said:

Any plans on making black grid fins? When SpaceX rolls out Block 5 they will all have them 

Grid fins for this mod are provided by KRE

 

2 hours ago, awsumindyman said:

Is this balanced against the stock parts, or is it balanced against the solar system?

Like the stock parts, it's best for 2.5x system and from my testing that provides the ideal delta-v requirenments. Like most other mods, it's overpowered for stock system, but it's definitely underpowered for RSS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so im messing about with this at the moment and it accurs to me, why not make the command pods and tanks lifting bodys like the mks, that would make the landing easier

I have no idea how its done, but i little poke to the genius that is @JadeOfMaar could help :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Space Kadet said:

so im messing about with this at the moment and it accurs to me, why not make the command pods and tanks lifting bodys like the mks, that would make the landing easier

I have no idea how its done, but i little poke to the genius that is @JadeOfMaar could help :P 

I've tried various designs for the whole command ship. But after some testing having the wings on the engine shroud seemed to be the ideal thing to do. But I might try some different designs and test them again. And as for now, if I change the whole design, that will break a lot of stuff which I want to try and avoid. For what we are testing now it flies a lot better. I might post a dev version soon if I feel comfortable in its current state.

 

Spoiler

(I hate space plane parts @JadeOfMaar)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, notJebKerman said:

 

Like the stock parts, it's best for 2.5x system and from my testing that provides the ideal delta-v requirenments. Like most other mods, it's overpowered for stock system, but it's definitely underpowered for RSS.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, damonvv said:

I've tried various designs for the whole command ship. But after some testing having the wings on the engine shroud seemed to be the ideal thing to do. But I might try some different designs and test them again. And as for now, if I change the whole design, that will break a lot of stuff which I want to try and avoid. For what we are testing now it flies a lot better. I might post a dev version soon if I feel comfortable in its current state.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

(I hate space plane parts @JadeOfMaar)

 

its an od one for me because i like the design, but it never seemed flyable (i mean the tesla design) because there is no lift at the front end....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mie mie said:

How is it going with the mod? How soon is the new version expected?

I can't tell you when you can expect one as I still have a lot to do.
 

1 minute ago, Space Kadet said:

its an od one for me because i like the design, but it never seemed flyable (i mean the tesla design) because there is no lift at the front end....

Yes, those can be fixed with  more balanced configs. Also BFR is missing a lot of things like Gimbals and such, so I wouldn't recommend to do a lot of heavy testing with what you have now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, damonvv said:

I can't tell you when you can expect one as I still have a lot to do.
 

Yes, those can be fixed with  more balanced configs. Also BFR is missing a lot of things like Gimbals and such, so I wouldn't recommend to do a lot of heavy testing with what you have now.

i usually turn off gimbals for flying, how do you imagine it landing back on kerbin, horizontally or with wheels?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rock3tman_ said:

Watch this animation. The ship is supposed to propulsively land.

 

cool thanks, i will adjust my ideas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Space Kadet said:

so close! 

Yeah, that's one of the main issues, it's not stable.. Also, for landings you only use the sea level engines, not the vacuum ones. But good try!

Soon we will make a guide on how BFR works and what you can do to get the best out of it, so that makes it easier for people to understand how BFR works.

Edited by damonvv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, damonvv said:

Yeah, that's one of the main issues, it's not stable.. Also, for landings you only use the sea level engines, not the vacuum ones. But good try!

Soon we will make a guide on how BFR works and what you can do to get the best out of it, so that makes it easier for people to understand how BFR works.

i think i have, it, i know its not stable, but you cant make it too stable for re entry because it would be horrible in reverse. I think i have it working without any tweeks just different flaps setup. the trick isthe transition between horizontal flight and retro landing. but gimmie an hour and i think ill have it sussed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.