damonvv

[1.7.x] Tundra Exploration - v1.6.0 (August 17th) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, Dragon V2 and Starship! RO Compatible!

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, li7in6 said:

-zip-

There's a reason why I don't share my github, as it isn't out yet. See title and OP once it is released.

Edited by damonvv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, damonvv said:

There's a reason why I don't share my github, as it isn't out yet.

My mistake, I thought you were announcing 1.1.1 release a few posts above. I'll delete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, li7in6 said:

My mistake, I thought you were announcing 1.1.1 release a few posts above. I'll delete.

I posted the release notes to make sure I didn't forget something :wink: my github is messy and not really usefull to use as a release download. But the update is close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, grungar3x7 said:

@damonvv, the SpaceDock download is still 1.1.0, is there perhaps a delay on their end?

It's not out yet, see OP. I'll probably release it tomorrow or monday, I might need to fix some more things as 1.3.1 acts differently with some parts.

Edited by damonvv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

This is exactly the kind of post that makes mod makers put things off. These guys (and girls) do this in their own free time. Be thankful for what they give you, because they don't have to. According to the OP, it seems there already is RealPlume compatibility.

Im sorry I wasnt specific enough and being a d*ck. What I meant was for the Gojira and the Mothra. I honestly love people that make mods, I have supported many modders. I just really want it because I really hate the stock plumes and Im still a little liquided from my personal life. I'm sorry, I honestly love this mod, this is my most used mod in KSP minus Graphics and KER.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Natokerbal said:

Im sorry I wasnt specific enough and being a d*ck. What I meant was for the Gojira and the Mothra. I honestly love people that make mods, I have supported many modders. I just really want it because I really hate the stock plumes and Im still a little liquided from my personal life. I'm sorry, I honestly love this mod, this is my most used mod in KSP minus Graphics and KER.

 

On 19-2-2018 at 2:48 AM, damonvv said:

Yes, I forgot to fix them for Mothra and Gojira.

Is ok :wink: tho I haven't really gotten it to work yet so it may not come in this update unless someone here knows more about smokescreen and realplume stock configs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, damonvv said:

Is ok :wink: tho I haven't really gotten it to work yet so it may not come in this update unless someone here knows more about smokescreen and realplume stock configs.

Ok, take your time with it. I love this mod no matter what so take as long as you need.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, damonvv said:

I posted the release notes to make sure I didn't forget something :wink: my github is messy and not really usefull to use as a release download. But the update is close.

Understood.

Slightly unrelated but a general request. Do you think you can put in a single/stand-alone SL and vacuum version of the Raptor engine and single SL version of the Merlin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, li7in6 said:

single SL version of the Merlin

There is one. It's the Mothra first stage engine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

TDmbBBa.png

Having a little fun making RealPlume configs and the parts.

No guarentee that these will work with anyone's installation but mine. I modified the part cfgs to 1.4 scale. (among other things)

//gamedata\RealismOverhaul\RealPlume_Configs\TundraExploration\ITS_SLE.cfg
@PART[ITS_SLE]:FOR[RealPlume]:NEEDS[SmokeScreen]
{
    PLUME
    {
        name = Kerolox-Lower-F1 
        transformName = thrustTransform 
        localRotation = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 
        localPosition = 0.0, 0.0, 1.0 
        flarePosition = 0.0, 0.0, 0.95 
        flareScale = 0.6 
        plumePosition = 0.0, 0.0, 0.95 
        plumeScale = 0.6 
        smokePosition = 0.0, 0.0, 1.5 
        fixedScale = 1.0 
        energy = 1.0 
        speed = 1.0 
        emissionMult = 0.5 
    }
	    @MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
    {
        %powerEffectName = Kerolox-Lower-F1
        !runningEffectName = DELETE
    }
}
	
Edited by macktruck6666

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, macktruck6666 said:

TDmbBBa.png

Having a little fun making RealPlume configs and the parts.

You are a god, I was having some troubles getting this to work! If you would send me some config files once you feel happy with the results I would happily put them in the next update and credit you for your work! Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, macktruck6666 said:

 

 

TDmbBBa.png

Having a little fun making RealPlume configs and the parts.

No guarentee that these will work with anyone's installation but mine. I modified the part cfgs to 1.4 scale. (among other things)


//gamedata\RealismOverhaul\RealPlume_Configs\TundraExploration\ITS_SLE.cfg
@PART[ITS_SLE]:FOR[RealPlume]:NEEDS[SmokeScreen]
{
    PLUME
    {
        name = Kerolox-Lower-F1 
        transformName = thrustTransform 
        localRotation = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 
        localPosition = 0.0, 0.0, 1.0 
        flarePosition = 0.0, 0.0, 0.95 
        flareScale = 0.6 
        plumePosition = 0.0, 0.0, 0.95 
        plumeScale = 0.6 
        smokePosition = 0.0, 0.0, 1.5 
        fixedScale = 1.0 
        energy = 1.0 
        speed = 1.0 
        emissionMult = 0.5 
    }
	    @MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
    {
        %powerEffectName = Kerolox-Lower-F1
        !runningEffectName = DELETE
    }
}
	

OMG I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Barzon Kerman said:

@damonvv when will the new update be out?

 

The more I play with it the more minor bugs I find, so I’m working as fast as I can with the little time I have this week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, damonvv said:

The more I play with it the more minor bugs I find, so I’m working as fast as I can with the little time I have this week

Ah, thanks! Hope it goes well! :)

Edited by Barzon Kerman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@damonvv here's an idea - maybe there are some people willing to test it for you and help find bugs. (Sorry if this sounds rude :) )

Edited by Barzon Kerman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've put everything on GitHub, feel free to test it and let me know if there are any more bugs! Texture changes to Gojira is still in the making and IVA's for the Gojira ship as well. Craft files included.

Needs a clean install of Tundra Exploration AND this is a craft breaking update!

Edited by damonvv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the great work! Here's what I found:

The Gojira Probe Core has no antenna, which causes some weird behavior: I can go to full or zero thrust, but nothing in between, and while RCS work in combination with SAS, they don't react on manual control. When controlled from some other command pod, it works fine.

As for balancing: the RCS thrusters on the Gojira are pretty weak, but maybe that's realistic for such a heavy beast :wink: 

I find it hard to place the booster decoupler. It shows up in the pods category. When placing, there is some offset. And (I think because of this offset) once placed, I'm unable to select it again.

Also, the booster guidance unit has no icon. The decoupler has one, but it's off-center.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, infinite_monkey said:

Thanks for the great work! Here's what I found:

The Gojira Probe Core has no antenna, which causes some weird behavior: I can go to full or zero thrust, but nothing in between, and while RCS work in combination with SAS, they don't react on manual control. When controlled from some other command pod, it works fine.

As for balancing: the RCS thrusters on the Gojira are pretty weak, but maybe that's realistic for such a heavy beast :wink: 

I find it hard to place the booster decoupler. It shows up in the pods category. When placing, there is some offset. And (I think because of this offset) once placed, I'm unable to select it again.

Also, the booster guidance unit has no icon. The decoupler has one, but it's off-center.

Yes, most of these are the ones that I'm currently trying to fix! I totally forgot the antenna on the Probe Core, so thanks for that! For the Falcon Heavy decoupler, I made some changes to the part with more colliders and less off-set for easier use. I'll probably update my github later today or tomorrow. The current .version file will be updated so you know when there's a new GitHub update!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

@damonvv What is Tundra Technologies?

A new mod, that will include loads of satellite parts (every satellite part that was in TE before + more in the future), so Tundra Exploration can focus on SpaceX related stuff.

Edited by damonvv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RaiderMan said:

@damonvv you got the new part tools yes?

Well no, some of the bugs are still there in 1.3.1 as my unity test save is still in 1.3.1, so once I fixed that, I might update to the newer unity with the 1.4.1 parttools

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been playing around with the Beta version and I don't know if i'm crazy or not but does the decoupler not actually Decouple? I love the animation but I was very surprised when my smart parts shut off my booster engines and the animation played but i kept going with two boosters attached magically to my center core. :lol::confused:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.