[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

7 hours ago, Natokerbal said:

@damonvv Just FYI the plume on the new MVAC needs to be scooted back a little as it clips through the bottom half of the engine bell. EDIT: Also do you have any tips for landing directly on the landing pads?

Thanks for the tip!

and yeah, you can use the Trajectories mod which has an option to see where you are going to land. Super helpful if you are trying to aim for a pad!

I manually land my rockets and I’m at a point where I can land a rocket most of the time very close to the center of the pad

Edited by damonvv

34 minutes ago, Nigel Cardozo said:

How to you land CORRECTLY using mechjeb

Use the autoland function for the booster.

Set launchpad as target.

Mechjeb can land fairly well, within 100m.

But for starships, I need trajectories mod. 

I burn retrograde for deorbit, then radial for fine tuning and so that trajectories can simulate the drag.

Seems like there are only 2 engine modes on the Octopus now, AllEngines and CenterOnly, because even the description of the part says "This cluster of engines are equipped with 2 modes". Am I missing a dependency This is on 1.5.1 with a hefty amount of mods (and the updated Ghidorah 9 parts from the github)

Edited by space_powder

Just now, space_powder said:

Seems like there are only 2 engine modes now, AllEngines and CenterOnly, because even the description of the part says "This cluster of engines are equipped with 2 modes". Am I missing a dependency This is on 1.5.1 with a hefty amount of mods

If you want the three-engine mode you need Kerbal Actuators :D

4 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Use the autoland function for the booster.

Set launchpad as target.

Mechjeb can land fairly well, within 100m.

But for starships, I need trajectories mod. 

I burn retrograde for deorbit, then radial for fine tuning and so that trajectories can simulate the drag.

Thanks

14 minutes ago, SquaredSpekz said:

I'm wondering what's your thoughts on the shiny starship? Are you looking into having shiny starship as an alternate texture for those parts?

I believe @damonvv is waiting for an official render from SpaceX before he starts making a stainless steel Starship.

Also, I could be wrong but I think he’s going to add the 2017 BFR back in as an option too.

Edited by RealKerbal3x

4 hours ago, SquaredSpekz said:

I'm wondering what's your thoughts on the shiny starship? Are you looking into having shiny starship as an alternate texture for those parts?

It's cool, not sure if I can make it fit with the KSP style. But I need those official renders first.

1 hour ago, FastSloth87 said:

Imagine if KSP had ray tracing, the amazing 0.5 FPS everyone would get at lift-off.. One can only dream!

When I first got my introduction to raytracing, we sat there watching my friend's monitor waiting minutes at a time for it to finish a single line. (15 minutes IIRC)

The fairing's still very janky. It sometimes collides with the payload after separation and always tilts back after separation. It doesn't keep its rotation after separation. Maybe try using something similar to procedural fairings instead?

7 hours ago, Barzon Kerman said:

What is 'raytracing'?

It is when each pixel has its light traced for more accurate light

44 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

@damonvv I copied the Ghidorah Launcher Platform from Github to my current install, but I cannot use it on the F9, since the engine cluster has no lower attachment point. I guess that has changed and I have to use the new one?

yes ^^

Lc0YzH8.png