[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

Version 1.3.0.2 has been released to fix some issues.

- Added node on Dragons trunk
- Added old parts to avoid more breaking saves. (all old parts are grey, they must be replaced by newer parts to avoid them being broken in the next update!)

I'm sorry for the inconvenience! (Pro tip: there are ways to get your old save back. if you made a recent "quicksave" be sure to use that one. I doubt that will be anywhere near the progress of where you ended but its better than missing crafts I guess?)

So, I've been trying to write a kOS script to launch and land the full Gidorah system...

After many many attempts I got the booster right, landing reliably where I want it. Then I played a bit with the spaceship, flying reentries by hand and then I finally got to writing the spaceship landing script.

After many many many attempts, I got it to land right on its pad too.

Right, and now after all that tedium, it's time for fun ! Oh, but the booster landing script doesn't work reliably anymore for no reason at all... Great ! :confused:

Anyways, this mod is great fun, keep it going that way and thanks ! If I may just suggest something, you should maybe make the gidorah appear part a bit further in the tech tree and in different nodes, that would feel more balanced in career mode (but it's no big deal, players can always do a MM config patch on their side)

Edited by lBoBl

5 minutes ago, lBoBl said:

Anyways, this mod is great fun, keep it going that way and thanks ! If I may just suggest something, you should maybe make the gidorah appear part a bit further in the tech tree and in different nodes, that would feel more balanced in career mode (but it's no big deal, players can always do a MM config patch on their side)

Yeah a few people have asked for a better balanced tech tree. I will look into it!

1 hour ago, damonvv said:

Yeah a few people have asked for a better balanced tech tree. I will look into it!

That would be great, some parts make the game a bit too easy currently :)

I have a feeling that the latest update may have broken something on the Kingfisher engine cluster, it's just a visual bug that I'm experiencing, whatever the current mode is all the engines appear as if they were turned on, even on center only mode. You may want to try if it is indeed broken or if it's just my game going a bit nuts... I'll try to replicate it with a fresh game folder

Has anyone discovered a reasonable fix (not slapping 100 separatrons on the rocket) for the decoupling issue? Even though I use 3s delay on FMRS so the upper stage has clearance, once I jump back to the 1st stage the 2nd stage instantly teleports itself, clipping through the interstage, destroying the grid fins and making the 2nd stage spin like crazy

4 hours ago, damonvv said:

Version 1.3.0.2 has been released to fix some issues.

- Added node on Dragons trunk
- Added old parts to avoid more breaking saves. (all old parts are grey, they must be replaced by newer parts to avoid them being broken in the next update!)

I'm sorry for the inconvenience! (Pro tip: there are ways to get your old save back. if you made a recent "quicksave" be sure to use that one. I doubt that will be anywhere near the progress of where you ended but its better than missing crafts I guess?)

Running 1.3.0.2 from CKAN and still unable to load some crafts, image below:

6D9OWXJ.png

59 minutes ago, Chimichanga said:

zip and share your KSP.log and your ModuleManager.ConfigCache

Also, try installing without CKAN. Just to see if CKAN isn't getting something right.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

3 hours ago, Chimichanga said:

Version 1.3.0.3 has been released to fix *more* issues.

- Ghidorah interstage pushes things away again
- Added old parts to avoid more breaking saves. (No joke!)

Edited by damonvv

This is likely due to the new parts that replace the deprecated ones. I was not made aware that the TweakScale configs would become obsolete like this. Also the new maintainer of TweakScale said something about not broadly/universally targeting parts anymore so there's that too.

I like a lot of the changes with the latest update.  I find it a little limited that the rockets need to be constructed to spec, however.  Would you be willing to add some of the old options in as subtypes?  Such as a shroud for the Marlin engine or a shroudless booster guidance unit?  Options like that would really go a long way to making the parts more compatible with stock, which I'd say is an important aspect for stockalike mods.

12 hours ago, Deckard said:

I like a lot of the changes with the latest update.  I find it a little limited that the rockets need to be constructed to spec, however.  Would you be willing to add some of the old options in as subtypes?  Such as a shroud for the Marlin engine or a shroudless booster guidance unit?  Options like that would really go a long way to making the parts more compatible with stock, which I'd say is an important aspect for stockalike mods.

If you look inside the guidance unit, I’m not sure what parts to remove so you could use it as normal decoupler. The reason  why it’s one part, is because a shroud added to an engine disappears after decoupling and loading that booster again with like FMRS.

the shroud that was supposed to be on the merlin has strangely disappeared too, that’s a bug.

Here are a few pics of the Gojira starship for you guys to enjoy ! All screenshots are 4k res. You're free to download, use or reupload them as you want

IjFeiGv.png

Album :

https://imgur.com/a/5dMBlT3

@damonvv thanks for making this possible ! Do you have plans to update the textures to shiny stainless steel one day ? Also I still have this bug where the Kingfisher cluster engine still visually appears as if all engines were turning on/off in center-only mode. EDIT : I've tested this in a stock install and everything works fine, the visual bug starts to appear when I install RealPlume. Am I supposed to remove RealPlume configs for this engine then ?

Edited by lBoBl

Love the mod. Quick question though: How do I deperate the Ghidorah and the Rodan? For the Gigan, there's now the decoupler, but it has the solar panel form at the sides, so it doesn't look good with the Rodan. And the other decoupler has a fixed interstage now, so that's no longer an option either.

Also, in the last version no matter what, the B4 texture was always there, even when it said B5, it was always white on the launchpad, or when loading the craft. Even when selecting the decoupler, when it said none. Now, it does the same, the white texture and both writings, heavy and normal are there, even B5 black and none are the default selected. But that's not too problematic, my main problem is that there's no decoupler for the second stage. Also, the file configs are "not compatible with this version of ksp", which is 1.4.2