[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

4 hours ago, lBoBl said:

Here are a few pics of the Gojira starship for you guys to enjoy ! All screenshots are 4k res. You're free to download, use or reupload them as you want

Album :

https://imgur.com/a/5dMBlT3

@damonvv thanks for making this possible ! Do you have plans to update the textures to shiny stainless steel one day ? Also I still have this bug where the Kingfisher cluster engine still visually appears as if all engines were turning on/off in center-only mode. EDIT : I've tested this in a stock install and everything works fine, the visual bug starts to appear when I install RealPlume. Am I supposed to remove RealPlume configs for this engine then ?

Lovely pic! And no, Realplume should do nothing. I'm not sure why it does this as it doesn't do it for me. (And I have Realplume and smokescreen installed).

Yes. As I said in almost every page the last 10 pages, I'm going to make a better Starship once we get actual pics from Elon next month.

4 hours ago, LTMG said:

Love the mod. Quick question though: How do I deperate the Ghidorah and the Rodan? For the Gigan, there's now the decoupler, but it has the solar panel form at the sides, so it doesn't look good with the Rodan. And the other decoupler has a fixed interstage now, so that's no longer an option either.

Also, in the last version no matter what, the B4 texture was always there, even when it said B5, it was always white on the launchpad, or when loading the craft. Even when selecting the decoupler, when it said none. Now, it does the same, the white texture and both writings, heavy and normal are there, even B5 black and none are the default selected. But that's not too problematic, my main problem is that there's no decoupler for the second stage. Also, the file configs are "not compatible with this version of ksp", which is 1.4.2

I just use stock decoupler for Rodan to decouple it. But I may use the Gigans decoupler and add a switch to remove the side panels. This will solve the problem of not having a decoupler that act like a guidance unit.

This mod sadly supports KSP 1.5 and above, as I added the new shader to the Trunk part. Also when Starship is done, you can't use the craft in earlier versions of KSP either. Now that I think of it, the version checker is wrong as it says 1.3.1. But it should be 1.5.1 and above.

13 minutes ago, damonvv said:

Lovely pic! And no, Realplume should do nothing. I'm not sure why it does this as it doesn't do it for me. (And I have Realplume and smokescreen installed).

Yes. As I said in almost every page the last 10 pages, I'm going to make a better Starship once we get actual pics from Elon next month.

I just use stock decoupler for Rodan to decouple it. But I may use the Gigans decoupler and add a switch to remove the side panels. This will solve the problem of not having a decoupler that act like a guidance unit.

This mod sadly supports KSP 1.5 and above, as I added the new shader to the Trunk part. Also when Starship is done, you can't use the craft in earlier versions of KSP either. Now that I think of it, the version checker is wrong as it says 1.3.1. But it should be 1.5.1 and above.

Oh, okay. I actually liked having a decoupler with guidance, since the real S2 does of course have an independent flight guidance as well, so it's a bit... weird that my payload is commanding the rocket, I like to be able to go up without payload, and operate the stage after payload decoupling as well. But for now, I am using a disk guidance unit, similar to the stock ones, that sits between tank and fairing adapter.

The version thing is really a bummer. I want to upgrade so badly, but there are just some essential mods I have right now that I definitely don't want to get rid of, and which don't support higher versions... it's really just a headache with the mods. If only every mod would be compatible with every version, right? But when it comes to that, I guess I will upgrade, since this is the mod I love the most, and I don't wanna miss out on the shiny starship either.

Also, another quick question, but I guess I know the answer: Is the texture regulated by B9 part switch or something, or from Tundra? Cause the booster numbering is like 4 numbers laying on top of each other, and I can only change the top one, looks very ugly and buggy. Is this another version incompatibility, or is this another mod that isn't working perfectly? Thanks, cheers

15 minutes ago, damonvv said:

That's a bit strange, I have replicated the bug with no trouble at all in a fresh install with only Tundra exploration and dependencies + real plume and real plus stock configs, all installed with CKAN.

Steps to reproduce :

1. install both mods with CKAN

2. Take a vessel with the kingfisher engine cluster like the stock Gojira Crew

3. Fly it and take off, then toggle kingfisher's mode to center only, you'll see the plume change its shape but it still appears as if all engines were running

I've tried deleting the real plume patches in the TE folder, that gave me just no plume at all, so I've restored them for now.

Just now, lBoBl said:

That's a bit strange, I have replicated the bug with no trouble at all in a fresh install with only Tundra exploration and dependencies + real plume and real plus stock configs, all installed with CKAN.

Steps to reproduce :

1. install both mods with CKAN

2. Take a vessel with the kingfisher engine cluster like the stock Gojira Crew

3. Fly it and take off, then toggle kingfisher's mode to center only, you'll see the plume change its shape but it still appears as if all engines were running

I've tried deleting the real plume patches in the TE folder, that gave me just no plume at all, so I've restored them for now.

Wait huh... It shouldn't even use realplume.. hmm I'll test it out. Plumes are from @JadeOfMaar Maybe he knows a thing

@damonvv The Kingfisher is one of those engines that need Kerbal Actuators, right? Is it present in the offending installs? if an engine still uses RealPlume when you expect it not to, then perhaps configs (within RealPlume or Smokescreen, I think these exist) are active which target all engines that burn Oxidizer. It is also known that Smokescreen takes issue with engines that have more than 2 modes.

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@damonvv The Kingfisher is one of those engines that need Kerbal Actuators, right? Is it present in the offending installs? if an engine still uses RealPlume when you expect it not to, then perhaps configs (within RealPlume or Smokescreen, I think these exist) are active which target all engines that burn Oxidizer. It is also known that Smokescreen takes issue with engines that have more than 2 modes.

The Kingfisher does not use Kerbal Actuators. It only has 2 engine modes. But I'll do some tests

40 minutes ago, LTMG said:

Oh, okay. I actually liked having a decoupler with guidance, since the real S2 does of course have an independent flight guidance as well, so it's a bit... weird that my payload is commanding the rocket, I like to be able to go up without payload, and operate the stage after payload decoupling as well. But for now, I am using a disk guidance unit, similar to the stock ones, that sits between tank and fairing adapter.

That will be fixed soon!

41 minutes ago, LTMG said:

The version thing is really a bummer. I want to upgrade so badly, but there are just some essential mods I have right now that I definitely don't want to get rid of, and which don't support higher versions... it's really just a headache with the mods. If only every mod would be compatible with every version, right? But when it comes to that, I guess I will upgrade, since this is the mod I love the most, and I don't wanna miss out on the shiny starship either.

Also, another quick question, but I guess I know the answer: Is the texture regulated by B9 part switch or something, or from Tundra? Cause the booster numbering is like 4 numbers laying on top of each other, and I can only change the top one, looks very ugly and buggy. Is this another version incompatibility, or is this another mod that isn't working perfectly? Thanks, cheers

That's not on me. Sometimes you gotta move on to keep up with the current trend. That means ditching versions like 1.3.1 and 1.4.

Something is wrong with your install. As my booster numbers are fine and I haven't heard anyone else having this issue. And yes you need B9PS, but I bet your don't have the latest version necessarily for it to be used correctly.

1 hour ago, QuantumNight12 said:

I assume you are aware, but just to be sure, when using the octopus engine it constantly fires even if the engine is shutdown. Not entirely sure why but I assume it is to do with the recent update.

https://imgur.com/a/TFSDY3S

Neither me or anyone else has this issue. So it looks like something in your install is incorrect. What KSP version do you use? Any other mod that could alter something like this?

13 minutes ago, damonvv said:

Neither me or anyone else has this issue. So it looks like something in your install is incorrect. What KSP version do you use? Any other mod that could alter something like this?

1.6.1, not that I can think of. Will attempt to re-install Tundra Exploration and smokescreen to see if that will help. Will update asap.

So I re-installed TE and Smokescreen and nothing changed, any advice as to what to do next?

Edit: this also happens for the other engines included in the mod.

Edit (again): This no longer happens, fixed it by removing the craft files and putting new replicas back.

Edited by QuantumNight12
Adding other info reporting a bug.

1 minute ago, infinite_monkey said:

What mod are your satellite parts from?

Looks like BDB for the antennas and stock for the grey panels. Solar panels might be BDB or near future, possibly Tantares?

Edited by Natokerbal

8 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

What mod are your satellite parts from?

It’s a mix of Stock, BDB, and Tantares

I usually just make a box with the stock panels and add a bunch of random stuff to make it look decently like a satellite

and yes, stock does have šhïńÿ panels

Edited by DylanSemrau

Hi, All. Firstly want to say this is an amazing mod that Damonvv has created/creating. I'm fairly new to the KSP world and exploring all the mods out there.

Just got to grips with MechJeb and FMRS, came across a little issue. Trying to figure out how to successfully land just the regular Ghidorah 9. Any advice on when I should detach first stage and how burning back towards KSC

Thanks.

Edited by CrazyDan

8 hours ago, CrazyDan said:

Hi, All. Firstly want to say this is an amazing mod that Damonvv has created/creating. I'm fairly new to the KSP world and exploring all the mods out there.

Just got to grips with MechJeb and FMRS, came across a little issue. Trying to figure out how to successfully land just the regular Ghidorah 9. Any advice on when I should detach first stage and how burning back towards KSC

Thanks.

I stage at 1 min 30s, use mechjeb land at target to land. Use B to deploy gridfins.

9 hours ago, CrazyDan said:

Thanks.

I usually need around 1100 m/s of dV in order to do RTLS. But I fly manually so I'm not really home in that department. 

Edited by damonvv