[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

22 hours ago, damonvv said:

Yes. Been working on that for some time now.

The side windows on the Crew Dragon seem to be closed/fake. White from the outside, black from the inside. Although I've seen images where the windows are present. Do you have any info about the reason for this?

Edited by infinite_monkey

19 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

The side windows on the Crew Dragon seem to be closed/fake. White from the outside, black from the inside. Although I've seen images where the windows are present. Do you have any info about the reason for this?

It’s Demo - 1. Only has front facing windows. Demo 2 and beyond will have side windows.

Edited by damonvv

On 3/2/2019 at 4:42 PM, damonvv said:

I found the problem for the plumes to be active even when the engines are off. I will fix this asap and put a release on with some extra minor fixes. Thank you Cepe for finding the cause!

In other progress;
New Horizons is almost finished. Just needs a few science parts to go along with it. Currently working on another popular satellite that flew a few times on Falcon! Any guess? Pics soon!

Just curious if this got fixed yet. 

Hey two questions for this great mod?

1.  For some reason my RCS thrusters are all inverted?  

2.  When decoupling the Dragon capsule w trunk, from the upper stage, the decoupling action sends the capsule/trunck portion spinning and is not a clean detachment like the upper stage from the lower?

Going to publish a new small update tonight to fix a few things.

I found the reason why plumes were broken if you didn’t have Realplume installed. Also the crew dragon got a few tweaks and I finally was able to fix the fairings.

Edited by damonvv

17 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

Hey two questions for this great mod?

1.  For some reason my RCS thrusters are all inverted?  

It's a bug in the version of KSP that you're using that caused the FX to be inverted for ModuleRCS, but not for ModuleRCSFX

I’m having an issue with reentering the falcon 9. I come in at a pretty shallow angle and there is a pretty hot reentry. When I try to reignite the engines for my landing burn they give be very little thrust. I’ve tried this manually and with mechjeb and it’s the same either way. It must be something with the reentry heat, because when I made a “grasshopper” it landed just fine. 

3 hours ago, Starwaster said:

It's a bug in the version of KSP that you're using that caused the FX to be inverted for ModuleRCS, but not for ModuleRCSFX

So am I supposed to only be using ModuleRCSFX?

How do I do this?

Thanks!

27 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

Change the ModuleRCS to ModuleRCSFX in the config of every part that use it.

my mod already uses ModuleRCSFX so I'm not sure what is wrong there. Probably an old version of KSP.

32 minutes ago, damonvv said:

my mod already uses ModuleRCSFX so I'm not sure what is wrong there. Probably an old version of KSP.

Yeah, but maybe he has another mod that patched the ModuleRCSFX back to ModuleRCS - need logs and/or MM cache file.

Tundra Exploration v1.3.0.5 released!

What's new in this version?
- Fixed Gigan re-entry
- Slight texture change Gojira
- Added front facing RCS Rodan
- Fixed Fairing exploding things
- Fixed Fairing shielding
- Fixed plume stuck without engine on

BE AWARE
If you are coming from a version before 1.3.0.3 please be aware that most older parts are deleted and you should recover everything in your save that contains parts from Tundra Exploration.  Also REMOVE the old version of Tundra before installing this mod if you do it manually. Thanks!

Download here: SpaceDock

Enjoy!

0WzpgjT.png
(Docking port is from the amazing Habtech2 by @benjee10

On 3/5/2019 at 6:20 PM, Elro2k said:

I’m having an issue with reentering the falcon 9. I come in at a pretty shallow angle and there is a pretty hot reentry. When I try to reignite the engines for my landing burn they give be very little thrust. I’ve tried this manually and with mechjeb and it’s the same either way. It must be something with the reentry heat, because when I made a “grasshopper” it landed just fine. 

It's probably MechJeb. Check if Q limit is enabled in the utilities settings. @damonvv Maybe add this info to the main page, this is asked quite often!

Strange, since I installed your latest version from yesterday, I get the bug that people got before the patch and that I didn't get backthen... Engine plumes are permanent and engines don't do any sound. It didn't happen on the previous version two days ago.

I don't have Real Plumes and never had.

Edited by Quoniam Kerman

Hi... I'm running into a problem I can't seem to solve. The craft files use a part called TE.Ghidora.Erector, which can't be found. 

I'm using Kerbal 1.6.1 and have both Tundra Exploration and Tundra Technologies installed. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that doesn't find it.

Any suggestions?

Solved. I didn't have Advanced Textures installed.

Edited by CodexofRome