[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

2 minutes ago, damonvv said:

I know KSP 1.8 has dropped. And yes things might be broken. I will try and update it as soon as possible. But don't expect an update within a week or 2

Take your time. I’m going to give it a go tomorrow and I’ll tell you what’s broken then.

15 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Take your time. I’m going to give it a go tomorrow and I’ll tell you what’s broken then.

Don't, then everyone will tell me what is broken. I will test everything and put it on github. Then people can tell me what's broken

In the spirit of the new Starship, I've been developing over the past few weeks my version of the new iteration with this mod and some others. I took the existing starship parts and B9 Procedural Wings, as well as some other mods for cameras and landing legs, to make it work in RSS/RO. It works surprissingly well, even reenters (mostly) intact. Take a look!

mvXdPjr.png

ArlRm1E.png

SitLaAT.png

J5ftCws.png

Looking forward to seeing the better mod version of this!

On 10/6/2019 at 4:29 PM, damonvv said:

Now I have to get this ingame and test everything!

4DLQDcL.png

Check this out. I have it set to start right before an image you should see (no higher res image available yet):

Time stamp is 32:22

34 minutes ago, tater said:

Check this out. I have it set to start right before an image you should see (no higher res image available yet):

--

Time stamp is 32:22

Yeah I saw that, I hope they release that image in higher quality so I can take a look!

3 hours ago, damonvv said:

Yeah I saw that, I hope they release that image in higher quality so I can take a look!

That image is quite low-res, but it seems to show that there are two cargo variants now - the orbital version (aka chomper) and the surface version (aka the lift).

Edited by RealKerbal3x

1 minute ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Sorry for slightly spamming this thread...but that Superheavy is looking brilliant.

How do you plan to make the gridfins? I don’t know how KRE does it, do they need a special plugin?

They really do need the plugin but because KRE is a dependency for this mod, I can use the module for my gridfin!

1 hour ago, damonvv said:

Some more progress:
udSlbnS.png

Things left to make:
- Gridfin
- Cargo version 1
- Cargo version 2?
- Tanker version?
- IVA

1. are you going to use the KRE Module?

2. yeah cargo version. But Chomper style or something else?

3. Version 2? what's different from Version 1?

4. Yeah for sure.

5. Would be cool for mun and duna landings. but it needs a way to get from the hatch to the ground when landed.

1 hour ago, dennis10v said:

1. are you going to use the KRE Module?

2. yeah cargo version. But Chomper style or something else?

3. Version 2? what's different from Version 1?

4. Yeah for sure.

5. Would be cool for mun and duna landings. but it needs a way to get from the hatch to the ground when landed.

1. Yes
2. The one on the SpaceX Starship website (the one this mod had 2 years ago)
3. A different version from this video
4. :)
5. IVA's take a ton of time to make. I admit my Crew Dragon IVA is one of the worst things I've made. I just need time to make them. Luckily in a few weeks I have a week off so I can work on that!

1 hour ago, alberro+ said:

Will any changes be made to Falcon 9/Heavy?

There will be a new Cold Gas Thruster with better plumes and it is a tiny bit more powerful. The Merlin 1D engine + empty Octaweb will come in a later update.

2 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

Will this be optional or is the current engine replaced? It's probably other mods that cause lag for me, but in general I think many users would prefer a lower part count.

Totally optional. The one part octaweb still has the nicer plumes etc. The 10 part octaweb is more for people that use BARIS or do RO gameplay.

On 10/25/2019 at 1:02 PM, alberro+ said:

To be honest, I’d really like to see some revamped engine textures, but that’s just me.

Will see what I can do. But some have to keep in mind that I'm not going to make things 100% accurate. That's not what this mod was and is aiming for. But they sure need a revamp. It will start with the Raptor that is coming in the new update!

Edited by damonvv