[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

On 11/9/2019 at 12:28 AM, damonvv said:

Non TU version is grey

This is a picky inquiry - but is it possible to swap between them in-game? I actually prefer the grey textures in certain circumstances depending on the design I'm making and if it fits. 

On 3/17/2019 at 1:14 PM, damonvv said:

Solar panels are blue because that's inline with KSP. But they are already looking pretty good with this new shader on them.

Also sneak peak at upgraded Erector: (NO more need for AdvancedTextures mod)
mZ6380i.png

With a better node to proper align @AlphaMensaes FSS tower:
u3ZvJCb.png

Where can I find that crew arm??

1 hour ago, Willem_Alexander said:

hey damonvv! i have a suggestion. what if there was a docking function on the booster probe core for super heavy, so that when you have landed the thing on the launchpad, a crane can lift the starship on superheavy so that you can refly it? there is a crane in kerbal attachment system

How are you going to refuel it?

Tundra Exploration v1.7 is out!

Enjoy the new Starship in KSP! Many thanks to @JadeOfMaar and @Nessus_ for helping me balancing the mod. Also a big hug to @sarbian for providing me with a plugin to use action groups for the fins!
This version includes the plugin that comes standard with SSPXr to activate the legs. Many thanks to @Nertea to allow me to include it for this release!

This version is for KSP 1.8.x and above, any older version is not supported!

Changelog:
- Updated to KSP 1.8.x
- Renamed 2018 Gojira as "Mk3"
- Added Mk4 Gojira parts (2019 Starship)
- Updated textures for Unity 2019

Make sure to download Textures Unlimited, otherwise things won't be as shiny!

Download it here:

gkj6VaX.png

Happy launches!

w3AWWIc.png

nhxlOSK.jpg
* Soyuz and solar panels not included (Tantares and Near Future Solar)
** This image is not sponsored by @Beale

Oh, i'm so *displeased* that the final version is using TU. I unerstand that this is because of reasons and most players are probably fine with OpenGl, but is there a chance that in the future you could start using stock shaders? Maybe if the new Unity would prove to be better at that things (i assume that you tested stock shaders mostly with old 1.7.* and buggy 1.8)? 

Edit: Forum's autocorrection changed the word to "liquified" lol. English is not my native language, didn't know that it's a swearword O_o

Edited by NiL

5 minutes ago, NiL said:

Oh, i'm so *displeased* that the final version is using TU. I unerstand that this is because of reasons and most players are probably fine with OpenGl, but is there a chance that in the future you could start using stock shaders? Maybe if the new Unity would prove to be better at that things (i assume that you tested stock shaders mostly with old 1.7.* and buggy 1.8)? 

Edit: Forum's autocorrection changed the word to "liquified" lol. English is not my native language, didn't know that it's a swearword O_o

I tried stock shaders and it never looked good. Sure it looks good in the VAB but during flight it was ugly you don't want to see it. In all the versions the game runs very slow when turned on. But TU is totally optional. Without it the ship will look white like the 2018 version. I found out that TU runs much smoother than using the stock shader and I don't even run with OpenGL.

Obviously when KSP 2 comes I will look again. (Cuz the whole idea of KSP 2 is having a better running game with new shaders and such)

Edited by damonvv

1 hour ago, SpeedShot7 said:

Is there RO support at the moment, or is it on the way?

Not at the moment. We are still waiting for Kopernicus to update before we can make the configs for RO.

26 minutes ago, alberro+ said:

Whenever I try to use the RO textures on stock, it doesn’t work. Any fix?

You only have to replace the pngs with the logos. You don't have to do much more than that!

3 hours ago, damonvv said:

Not at the moment. We are still waiting for Kopernicus to update before we can make the configs for RO.

You only have to replace the pngs with the logos. You don't have to do much more than that!

Tried it, Doesn't work!

1 hour ago, NewRetroMan said:

Is there any way to get Textures Unlimited to work only with the Tundra Exploration? Without working with parts from other mods and stock games.

TU does nothing by itself. You need to download mods to get it working or write your own configs. So something in your GameData is screwing with stock parts then. 

Edited by damonvv