[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

13 hours ago, damonvv said:

TU does nothing by itself. You need to download mods to get it working or write your own configs. So something in your GameData is screwing with stock parts then. 

Sorry for my English. I did not understand your answer a bit. I already have necessary mods. So i can't make only Tundra Exploration use Texture Unlimited? I mean to change config, add to exceptions or something, i don't know.

Does Tundra 1.7 work in KSP 1.7.3 or do I need to stay with 1.6 until then?  My main save is dependent on Koperinicus and I am stuck at KSP 1.7.3 until they update that mod.

Also has anyone tried using the Tundra Exploration craft file vehicles in JNSQ?  JNSQ is a 2.7x scale system and I was wondering if the intended vehicles in via the craft files are even viable in that scale or if they were balanced just for the stock KSP system.

46 minutes ago, Galland1998 said:

Does Tundra 1.7 work in KSP 1.7.3 or do I need to stay with 1.6 until then?  My main save is dependent on Koperinicus and I am stuck at KSP 1.7.3 until they update that mod.

Also has anyone tried using the Tundra Exploration craft file vehicles in JNSQ?  JNSQ is a 2.7x scale system and I was wondering if the intended vehicles in via the craft files are even viable in that scale or if they were balanced just for the stock KSP system.

An empty starship has 5000 delta-v alone.

17 hours ago, Xd the great said:

@damonvv, it seems like the left/right flaps are switched, and they cannot auto-actuate with SAS to keep it balanced.

Any fixes?

You have to invert it manually when you make the ship. Then enable the Pitch/Yaw during re-entry for them to flap

5 hours ago, Galland1998 said:

I play a "SpaceX" career game in JNSQ - TE vehicles are perfectly fine for that. They're hugely overpowered for stock. But like you, I couldn't try the new version yet, as we're all waiting for the Kopernicus update...

On 12/3/2019 at 9:58 AM, Galland1998 said:

Tundra can work well in 1.7.3. But just expect that it will look sub-standard and the plugins (for the fins' ability to action group, and Starship's built-in legs) to fail.

The Starship Mk3 and Mk4 parts are a whopping 5.6m size. That and how tall the stacks for these parts are, easily are quite OP for stock. They were tuned for JNSQ.

22 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Is it just me, or are Superheavy engines underpowered?

I'm pretty sure it's just you. I tuned it and so put a lot of effort in. Then again, I don't know what the initial TWR of the IRL engine is supposed to look like so it may be on the conservative side.

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I'm pretty sure it's just you. I tuned it and so put a lot of effort in. Then again, I don't know what the initial TWR of the IRL engine is supposed to look like so it may be on the conservative side.

I think Elon said the SH booster will have TWR of 1.5 or close, definitely not the 1.2 that I am experiencing. And sea-level raptors should have a lower thrust than vacuum raptors in vacuum.

https://www.teslarati.com/spacex-ceo-elon-musk-debuts-starships-new-super-heavy-booster-design/

On 12/4/2019 at 2:33 AM, damonvv said:

You have to invert it manually when you make the ship. Then enable the Pitch/Yaw during re-entry for them to flap

Ah, I also need the control point set to docking too.

Aaaaand... It seems like you forgot to set the docking/reentry control point for cargo starships, as flaps won't work with foward control point.

Edited by Xd the great

@Xd the great Thanks for noticing. Your changes have been made:

• The Mk3 and Mk4 pods all have control point toggles now.
  • SuperHeavy 1.5 SL TWR
  • Mk4 SL Raptors appropriately weaker than Mk4 Vac Raptors.

I just added this (stock feature) too, so you can sort by rocket families. CCK doesn't allow that, I think, but it's very tedious to do this.

uMCGLS1.png

Edited by JadeOfMaar

7 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Xd the great Thanks for noticing. Your changes have been made:

• The Mk3 and Mk4 pods all have control point toggles now.
  • SuperHeavy 1.5 SL TWR
  • Mk4 SL Raptors appropriately weaker than Mk4 Vac Raptors.

I just added this (stock feature) too, so you can sort by rocket families. CCK doesn't allow that, I think, but it's very tedious to do this.

uMCGLS1.png

Wow, nice.

How do I download this? On Github?

6 hours ago, Interstellarechoes said:

Does this mod work  With the most recent update?

Yes. If you look in the title of a mod’s thread, [1.8.X] means that the mod is working on 1.8.

Do remember to install the dependencies though :wink:

Edited by RealKerbal3x

Hello, have anyone encountered problem with PBR ? I have issue consisting of not rendering shine on gojira when in flight (in VAB it however works). What can be reason (besides that PBR wasn't updated yet to 1.8.1) ? I have clean install,only dependencies for Tundra.

15 hours ago, MrFancyPL said:

Hello, have anyone encountered problem with PBR ? I have issue consisting of not rendering shine on gojira when in flight (in VAB it however works). What can be reason (besides that PBR wasn't updated yet to 1.8.1) ? I have clean install,only dependencies for Tundra.

Make sure it’s enabled in the settings at the start menu. 

6 hours ago, MrFancyPL said:

I mean gojira looks like this 

Hide contents

AqR7qZV.png

In VAB it looks completely fine

9wLW4wE.png

Try going in to KSP's Settings -> Graphics and setting "Reflection Refresh Mode" to "Low" if it is set to "Off".  When I was making my reflective Orion capsule I discovered that it was shiny in the VAB, but dull black on the launch pad.  When I changed "Reflection Refresh Mode" to low instead of off, it was shiny and reflective in the VAB and on the launch pad.

7 minutes ago, TheShadow1138 said:

Try going in to KSP's Settings -> Graphics and setting "Reflection Refresh Mode" to "Low" if it is set to "Off".  When I was making my reflective Orion capsule I discovered that it was shiny in the VAB, but dull black on the launch pad.  When I changed "Reflection Refresh Mode" to low instead of off, it was shiny and reflective in the VAB and on the launch pad.

Thanks, now it works, but i had to set higher option than low 

:P