[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

Quick request, mainly because i love your art style and want to see it on other rockets.:)

Could you maybe do an Angara/Soyuz 5 and some of the Long March series when you finish the SpaceX IVAs? As much as i love SpaceX, i think you've hit just about everything by now and there is no such thing as too many rockets :wink:

29 minutes ago, MajorLeaugeRocketScience said:

Quick request, mainly because i love your art style and want to see it on other rockets.:)

Could you maybe do an Angara/Soyuz 5 and some of the Long March series when you finish the SpaceX IVAs? As much as i love SpaceX, i think you've hit just about everything by now and there is no such thing as too many rockets :wink:

Firstly, many thanks for my style :) 

Secondly, I was planning on making a kerbal version of the upcoming Boca Chica launch center from SpaceX, where you can have launchpads and buildings that fit with Tundra Exploration. You may have seen some screenshots of mine using one of the new launchpads I made.

But who knows, I do have plans to continue the Antares with Cygnus from @Beale and probably a stockalike Electron (Will be all in one mod). So I might focus on some smaller launchers if you like. Right now the main focus is a redo in models/textures for BFRs first stage with new IVAs for Rodan and Gojira and I might change Rodan to the current version of Dragon V2 (In a stock style of course).

Edited by damonvv

2 minutes ago, damonvv said:

Firstly, many thanks for my style :) 

Secondly, I was planning on making a kerbal version of the upcoming Boca Chica launch center from SpaceX, where you can have launchpads and buildings that fit with Tundra Exploration. You may have seen some screenshots of mine using one of the new launchpads I made.

But who knows, I do have plans to continue the Antares with Cygnus from @Beale and probably a stockalike Electron (Will be all in one mod). So I might focus on some smaller launchers if you like. Right now the main focus is a redo in models/textures for BFRs first stage with new IVAs for Rodan and Gojira and I might change Rodan to the current version of Dragon V2 (In a stock style of course).

Sounds good to me. This is one of the mods I keep coming back to, and new content is always another reason to jump back in.

For Boca Chica, are you talking about the linked KK mod by @Omega482? Or is there something else I didn't see? I love these KK mods, mainly because building my own KSC is really fun

4 minutes ago, MajorLeaugeRocketScience said:

Sounds good to me. This is one of the mods I keep coming back to, and new content is always another reason to jump back in.

For Boca Chica, are you talking about the linked KK mod by @Omega482? Or is there something else I didn't see? I love these KK mods, mainly because building my own KSC is really fun

Yes kinda, my version of Boca Chica won't be near KSC, but the assets are free to place anywhere you want. I've seen more of the assets Omega is making and I think I can combine a few from him in my current layout for Boca Chica, if that makes sense. So I'm almost certain that his mod will be a requirement :wink: 

Edited by damonvv

6 hours ago, SpaceBliss said:

The liquid fuel / oxidizer ratios on the Mothra rocket are off, I always have oxidizer left in both tanks.

We'll take a look! I've only tested the vehicle twice or so after @Rock3tman_ made the configs. Will be fixed of course :wink: 

30 minutes ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

@damonvv The first stage tank is correct, the second stage tank isn't. For the second stage one, is 260 LF correct or should it be 360 LF?

Haven't looked yet.

I may start putting DEV versions on github soon to avoid smaller issues like this to get more consistent updates without needing a .0.1 patch

Love this mod!
Few things are annoying tho:
Cargo Dragon - Spacecraft is too small, should be a little bigger than the trunk. Solar panels don't quite align with the shroud, nodes for both parts would be cool. A decoupler that aligns with the trunk and solar shroud like the picture would be cool as well.

12936681_1130932240270450_33392407955751

Dragon 2 - The docking shroud opens to only 90º, should be 100º. Extra windows between the engines?

spacex-dragon-v2+02.jpg

1 hour ago, dumbsloth87 said:

Love this mod!
Few things are annoying tho:
Cargo Dragon - Spacecraft is too small, should be a little bigger than the trunk. Solar panels don't quite align with the shroud, nodes for both parts would be cool. A decoupler that aligns with the trunk and solar shroud like the picture would be cool as well.
---
Dragon 2 - The docking shroud opens to only 90º, should be 100º. Extra windows between the engines?

Thanks for the feedback!

Few things;
Dragon V2 official hatch is 90º, but I agree it is a bit tricky to use in a game like this, so I might extend it to 100/110. Also the window on the front hatch is removed, so that needs an update as well.
Cargo Dragon scale is indeed weird compared to the trunk, I haven't remodeled it yet (same for Dragon V2). Those will be done after BFRs IVA.
Decoupler for cargo dragon is a nice idea, I can use B9 part switch to have one part that can be switched in many different ways. I also tend to use B9 for part switching BFRs cargo pod, so you can have instead of a cargo bay, more storage for lets say KIS/LS/whatever.

Edited by damonvv

3 minutes ago, damonvv said:

Thanks for the feedback!

Few things;
Dragon V2 official hatch is 90º, but I agree it is a bit tricky to use in a game like this, so I might extend it to 100/110. Also the window on the front hatch is removed, so that needs an update as well.
Cargo Dragon scale is indeed weird compared to the trunk, I haven't remodeled it yet (same for Dragon V2). Those will be done after BFRs IVA.
Decoupler for cargo dragon is a nice idea, I can use B9 part switch to have one part that can be switched in many different ways. I also tend to use B9 for part switching BFRs cargo pod, so you can have instead of a cargo bay, more storage for lets say KIS/LS/whatever.

For the Dragon V2 catch... I think it should open enough to allow docking with CxA's PMA adapter with the hatch on the top (I think I already posted an image a few pages back)

1 minute ago, notJebKerman said:

For the Dragon V2 catch... I think it should open enough to allow docking with CxA's PMA adapter with the hatch on the top (I think I already posted an image a few pages back)

Yes, I've run in the same problem with building my new station, so I'll make sure atleast that one works.

10 hours ago, SpaceBliss said:

Wich procedural fairing measures are in proportion with the ghidora? like start, end, max diameter.

I'm currently using max. size 3.75 m, cyl. start 1.2 m, and cyl. end 6.0 m (with a 2.5 m base ring, obviously).

@damonvv Any plan for building the (reusable) fairings? Especially I saw you modeled the Falcon 1's in your WIP pic :wink:

2 hours ago, OccupyMarsNow said:

I'm currently using max. size 3.75 m, cyl. start 1.2 m, and cyl. end 6.0 m (with a 2.5 m base ring, obviously).

@damonvv Any plan for building the (reusable) fairings? Especially I saw you modeled the Falcon 1's in your WIP pic :wink:

I will make new fairings, will see what I can do about making a reusable one.

On 29-1-2018 at 9:09 PM, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

What about umbilicals between the pod and trunk, and that deployable antenna thing on the Rodan?

Revamp of that are on the list, will add more details to those as well.