[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

Question:

Are there going to be multiple texture variants? 
Judging from the renders you've shown so far it looks very segmented, like the prototype versions, however the finished Starship is going to be a lot more smoother judging from the renders SpaceX has shown.

I was mucking around in Paint this morning and decided to create some alternate decals for Ghidorah 9 that fit in with my personal headcanon - SpaceK and their Pigeon 9 rocket :P

UVTwws3.png

QXF0tFG.png

If anyone wants these, I'm pretty sure this mod's license will let me distribute modified textures. @damonvv please correct me if I'm wrong :)

Edited by RealKerbal3x

1 hour ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I was mucking around in Paint this morning and decided to create some alternate decals for Ghidorah 9 that fit in with my personal headcanon - SpaceK and their Pigeon 9 rocket :P

UVTwws3.png

QXF0tFG.png

If anyone wants these, I'm pretty sure this mod's license will let me distribute modified textures. @damonvv please correct me if I'm wrong :)

Nope you are wrong, my license does not allow it. But that texture is just a png. If you make a clean empty texture with only those 2 logo's then it's fine to share just that png.

12 hours ago, alberro+ said:

Do you have a release date in mind?

After KSP 1.8 for sure. Don't know exactly how long after the release.

sZ2jnvw.png
JhvcQCt.png

Some more dev work done! Still need to tweak the texture so that the panel lines are less visable. And then its time for balancing every part..

Edited by damonvv

14 minutes ago, damonvv said:

Nope you are wrong, my license does not allow it. But that texture is just a png. If you make a clean empty texture with only those 2 logo's then it's fine to share just that png.

What I did was take your original decal .png, and then removed your logos and replaced them with my own. Since the image is transparent, I didn't leave any of your original work.

14 minutes ago, damonvv said:

JhvcQCt.png

This is looking so cool...I want to try it!

Do you plan to make the cargo version too?

Edited by RealKerbal3x

Just now, RealKerbal3x said:

What I did was take your original decal .png, and then removed your logos and replaced them with my own. Since the image was transparent, I didn't leave any of your original work.

This is looking so cool...I want to try it!

Do you plan to make the cargo version too?

Yes, planning on!

13 hours ago, damonvv said:

After KSP 1.8 for sure. Don't know exactly how long after the release.

sZ2jnvw.png
JhvcQCt.png

Some more dev work done! Still need to tweak the texture so that the panel lines are less visable. And then its time for balancing every part..

When is 1.8 coming out? Could you release a WIP version of the new Starship on GitHub before then?

On 1/2/2019 at 5:14 PM, damonvv said:

Did you install all the dependencies listed in the OP? It seems to be that you forgot Module Manager at first.

Hi, it still does not work, the merlin and raptor still uses liquid fuel and oxidizer, i cannot manage to turn it to real fuels

21 hours ago, ChinoBasico said:

Hi, it still does not work, the merlin and raptor still uses liquid fuel and oxidizer, i cannot manage to turn it to real fuels

Hi again, i managed to solve this, now the engines use real fuels, but now the fuel tanks dont have fuel at all, not even liquid fuel or oxidizer. Also, the falcon 9 first stage textures are all glitchy. Would love if someone could help me, thanks.:)

Edited by ChinoBasico

On 10/13/2019 at 4:49 AM, damonvv said:

Will this new update ship with RO configs? I have the "standard" RO/RP1 install on 1.6.1 and am more than happy to help test and give feedback. I've been dying to have this new Starship along with the chomper cargo variant I read a few posts above that you're working on already.

7 hours ago, ChinoBasico said:

Hi again, i managed to solve this, now the engines use real fuels, but now the fuel tanks dont have fuel at all, not even liquid fuel or oxidizer. Also, the falcon 9 first stage textures are all glitchy. Would love if someone could help me, thanks.:)

3 hours ago, T0sh0r1t said:

When I download the mod, all I get is nothing, what do I do?

Make sure to download all the required mods listed in the OP

6 hours ago, T0sh0r1t said:

i did

Did you install it correctly? If you have a folder in GameData called ‘TundraExploration-1.6.0’ (or something similar) then you’ve incorrectly installed it. You need simply ‘TundraExploration’, which should be inside the aforementioned folder.

4 minutes ago, ChinoBasico said:

I think i´ve installed them correctly, I would say i followed your instructions accuratly (I dont really know a lot about this kind of stuff :ph34r:)

From what I read you are missing B9PartSwitch. Without it the parts will look weird (overlapping) etc.

22 hours ago, damonvv said:

From what I read you are missing B9PartSwitch. Without it the parts will look weird (overlapping) etc.

Thanks, and now i have another issue, i can change the type of fuel between h2/h2 and lox/liquidfuel/liquid fuel and oxidizer but there is no methalox and kerolox, sooo i cannot use the raptor and the merlin with the falcons and the starship. Anyoine has any idea of why this is happening? 

Edited by ChinoBasico

16 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Did you install it correctly? If you have a folder in GameData called ‘TundraExploration-1.6.0’ (or something similar) then you’ve incorrectly installed it. You need simply ‘TundraExploration’, which should be inside the aforementioned folder.

thanks mate(i dont have fuel in my fuel tank can you help?)

Edited by T0sh0r1t