[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

1 hour ago, SpeedShot7 said:

As of now, what are the new features coming in the next update and is there any sort of release date in mind?

Things that are coming to Tundra Exploration v1.7 are:

• Revamped Raptor Engine
  • Starship 2019 parts (Command pod -  Vac Raptor - fueltank/engine shroud - wings - Stage 1 fuel tank - Engine cluster - Interstage - hot gas thruster)
  • Cold Gas Thruster for F9
  • Little plume update

No release date in mind yet. I want this to be as good as it can get. I only have 2h a day to work on it..

Edited by damonvv

4 hours ago, damonvv said:

No release date in mind yet. I want this to be as good as it can get. I only have 2h a day to work on it..

Hey don't rush it. I (and probably everyone else) would much rather wait for a polished, working product than a rushed, inoperable mess. Keep up the good work!

Edited by SpeedShot7

15 hours ago, SpeedShot7 said:

Hey don't rush it. I (and probably everyone else) would much rather wait for a polished, working product than a rushed, inoperable mess. Keep up the good work!

Yeah. We want a clean and polished release. Take your time @damonvv We all can wait. I know that no one will mind.

Edited by Nigel J. Cardozo

22 hours ago, damonvv said:

Things that are coming to Tundra Exploration v1.7 are:

• Revamped Raptor Engine
  • Starship 2019 parts (Command pod -  Vac Raptor - fueltank/engine shroud - wings - Stage 1 fuel tank - Engine cluster - Interstage - hot gas thruster)
  • Cold Gas Thruster for F9
  • Little plume update

I can't find Starship command pod variants (tanker, chomper, surface cargo) on the roadmap. Is the tanker released with 1.7? What about the other ones?

Hmm, now that I said it, I think it could make sense to make these actually variants rather than different parts...

16 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

I can't find Starship command pod variants (tanker, chomper, surface cargo) on the roadmap. Is the tanker released with 1.7? What about the other ones?

Hmm, now that I said it, I think it could make sense to make these actually variants rather than different parts...

I forgot to put them on there, but I’m almost done with them so pics are coming soon!

3 minutes ago, boylesmason113 said:

What is the ETA for 1.7? No rush, I was just wondering when we could expect it. 

From a little further up the page:

On 10/26/2019 at 6:28 PM, damonvv said:

Edited by RealKerbal3x

1 hour ago, damonvv said:

<snipped a bunch of beautiful screenshots>

Thanks to @JadeOfMaar and @Nessus_ for those gorgeous plumes!
Still lots to do (balance). But it's getting closer!

Holy CRAP!!!!!!! That is looking amazing!! Is there a chance it would be 1.6.1 compatible, which is where all the RSS/RO/RP1 folks are at this time? As an addon to that, will it have RO configs or do you already have someone on deck to make them for you?

30 minutes ago, sjsharks39 said:

Holy CRAP!!!!!!! That is looking amazing!! Is there a chance it would be 1.6.1 compatible, which is where all the RSS/RO/RP1 folks are at this time? As an addon to that, will it have RO configs or do you already have someone on deck to make them for you?

RO configs will be made. I am not sure if 1.6.1 is going to be compatible. The dlls that will come with the mod are 1.8 only. I hope RO will move on from 1.6.1 and go to 1.8+ rather soon.

For some reason KSP keeps crashing while loading due to Tundra Exploration and I don't have any clue why. I have tried CKAN, SpaceDock and GitHub but none of the versions work.

Logs here (KSP.log and Error.log): https://filebin.net/h20hjz2psydb8ftj

If you could suggest a fix that would be appreciated. I have tried searching Reddit and the forums, but I can't find anyone else with the same problem.

54 minutes ago, rocket_scissors said:

For some reason KSP keeps crashing while loading due to Tundra Exploration and I don't have any clue why. I have tried CKAN, SpaceDock and GitHub but none of the versions work.

Logs here (KSP.log and Error.log): https://filebin.net/h20hjz2psydb8ftj

If you could suggest a fix that would be appreciated. I have tried searching Reddit and the forums, but I can't find anyone else with the same problem.

How do you know the crash is caused by Tundra Exploration? I see some errors from Telemachus and Tantares, but nothing about TE.

18 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

How do you know the crash is caused by Tundra Exploration? I see some errors from Telemachus and Tantares, but nothing about TE.

I have uninstalled Telemachus and Tantares and it didn't make a difference, but then when I uninstalled Tundra Exploration it stopped crashing. Also I know it is Tundra Exploration, not Tundra Technologies because I removed the Technologies folder and it still crashed, but when I removed the Exploration folder it didn't crash.

1 hour ago, rocket_scissors said:

I have uninstalled Telemachus and Tantares and it didn't make a difference, but then when I uninstalled Tundra Exploration it stopped crashing. Also I know it is Tundra Exploration, not Tundra Technologies because I removed the Technologies folder and it still crashed, but when I removed the Exploration folder it didn't crash.

Is it possible that you forgot to install one of the dependencies?

3 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Is it possible that you forgot to install one of the dependencies?

I have checked and I have all the dependencies installed. What is weird is that it was working fine one hour, then I closed it and about an hour later I started it again, and that was when it started crashing. I had done nothing in the meantime. Also, during loading the error message will pop up, but KSP will continue to run for about 1/2 an hour more, and then it finally closes due to the crash.

Beta up! Feel free to test the new Starship parts!

Known issues:
- Still old IVAs. New ones are coming!
- Needs more balancing
- Occasionally flips
- Non TU version is grey

7m3QHnH.jpg

Edited by damonvv

I noticed that the fins produce torque in the opposite direction of what they should (If I retract the rear fins, the ship pitches down rather than up, and if I retract the front fins, the ship pitches up rather than down). The cargo pod also seems to be too short in length.

Edited by eskimo22