[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

2 minutes ago, Philaphlous said:

Will the latest version of this mod (bfr/starship) work with rss ro in 1.3.1????

That's for you to find out and share so other folks will know for sure.

But I'm doubtful as it's I think I've seen it used in RSS in 1.6, meanwhile, features from dependencies such as B9 Part Switch, may be missing or may behave differently back in 1.3.1.

30 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

That's for you to find out and share so other folks will know for sure.

But I'm doubtful as it's I think I've seen it used in RSS in 1.6, meanwhile, features from dependencies such as B9 Part Switch, may be missing or may behave differently back in 1.3.1.

OK I'll give it a try tomorrow. I already have the f9 and dragon/dragon2 I just want this freaking starship and run through the launch - refuel - tli injection - moon - back. 

24 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Is this for a realplume config, or the default plumes? These are so much better than the stock plumes that now I want @JadeOfMaar to make a stock plume revamp mod or something :sticktongue:

Really looking forward to the update! :D

Yeah, @JadeOfMaar, make us one :P 

And this is a smokescreen config. No need for realplume. It uses custom plumes made by Jade. (which are included with TE (but also in PlumeParty))

59 minutes ago, Barzon Kerman said:

What is currently being worked on? The IVA for Rodan? :) 

Yes.

Hey @damonvv I have a question for you...how do you time when to start your landing burns with the G9? I always end up starting too early and going back up, or starting too late and destroying the landing pad.

EDIT: I've also been having some problems ever since I reinstalled Tundra...the Octopus engine cluster makes no sound when it's activated, and the engine flame animation plays all the time, regardless of whether the engine is off or on.

Edited by RealKerbal3x

10 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Hey @damonvv I have a question for you...how do you time when to start your landing burns with the G9? I always end up starting too early and going back up, or starting too late and destroying the landing pad.

EDIT: I've also been having some problems ever since I reinstalled Tundra...the Octopus engine cluster makes no sound when it's activated, and the engine flame animation plays all the time, regardless of whether the engine is off or on.

Did you remove Tundra Tech too?

10 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I'm having the flame animation glitch as well.

1 minute ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I don’t use TT...just TE. And I make sure to always delete the mod folder before I reinstall.

Then idk what is going on. I don't have it on my end. I need more info like smokescreen installed? Realplume? KSP version? Version of Tundra?

4 minutes ago, damonvv said:

Then idk what is going on. I don't have it on my end. I need more info like smokescreen installed? Realplume? KSP version? Version of Tundra?

No smokescreen or realplume. I’m on 1.6.1 with the latest version of Tundra.

I can probably get a log file tomorrow if you need it, I’m not at my computer now.

Edited by RealKerbal3x

On 3/30/2019 at 10:53 PM, RealKerbal3x said:

Only the Octopus engine cluster. It shows engine flames all the time, but has no sound when it’s activated.

Install Realplume and it should be fixed. I am working on trying to resolve it so you don’t have to install realplume.

5 hours ago, damonvv said:

Install Realplume and it should be fixed. I am working on trying to resolve it so you don’t have to install realplume.

Okie dokie, I've always wanted to try out RealPlume anyway...so I will give that a go. But I look forward to the official fix! :)

EDIT: I tried installing RealPlume...it did fix the problem and didn't cause the huge perf hit that I was expecting :) I even got this nice screenshot from it.

tuEJ0r1.png

Edited by RealKerbal3x

5 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Okie dokie, I've always wanted to try out RealPlume anyway...so I will give that a go. But I look forward to the official fix! :)

EDIT: I tried installing RealPlume...it did fix the problem and didn't cause the huge perf hit that I was expecting :) I even got this nice screenshot from it.

-snip-

Nice! I will try and fix it for people that really don't want realplume/smokescreen installed.

The Antenna configs could use some tweaking. The antenna type in the crewed command pod should be DIRECT, not INTERNAL - internal antennas don't allow science transmission. Plus, antennaPower is too weak. Since both the pod and the engine shroud have antennas, it's probably enough to increase the one of the shroud to 100000000000 (same as the communotron 88-88 and the RA-100). Otherwise, CommNet blacks out soon after you leave Kerbin's SOI. And maybe the antenna type of the shroud should be RELAY.

11 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

The Antenna configs could use some tweaking. The antenna type in the crewed command pod should be DIRECT, not INTERNAL - internal antennas don't allow science transmission. Plus, antennaPower is too weak. Since both the pod and the engine shroud have antennas, it's probably enough to increase the one of the shroud to 100000000000 (same as the communotron 88-88 and the RA-100). Otherwise, CommNet blacks out soon after you leave Kerbin's SOI. And maybe the antenna type of the shroud should be RELAY.

Noted and I will take a look at them!

zRjAnWN.png

An Rodan IVA snap! (Not done by any means, just playing around with MAS.

I have the same but my save files and logs are way too heavy to send to damon. If you don't have too many mmods installed pls send your logs tohim, because this problem was supposed to solved on the last update. And Make sure you delete the mod file before replacing it by the new.

On 3/27/2019 at 10:37 PM, infinite_monkey said:

This is obviously just a re-textured version of @damonvv's Gojira II :D

Note that there are small nozzles on the base ring of the rocket, and we don't know whate they are, docking clamps for refueling? RCS ports?

For those who want to build a Starhopper, take the base of the Gojira, put landing legs on it. Then put a  fairing to make thhe dome and put a probe core and a reaction wheel inside the fairing.

Add one or three raptors to the base and you are good to go.

For original Starhopper, replace the fairing and what it contains by the cargo variant of Gojira and you're good to go.

Edited by Quoniam Kerman