[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

8 hours ago, damonvv said:

It’s nice, I need more renders tho

unfortunately that's the only official render to have been released to the public.

also there might be an answer for the falcon heavy fairing within the SAF fairings in Bluedog DB

Edited by Mountain Parrot

2 hours ago, SpeedShot7 said:

@damonvv Just wanted to draw your attention to this. There are some really nice renders in there - it appears the cargo variant's bay has got bigger.

Also, unrelated, but is anyone else having trouble with Starship re-entry? In my 2.5x stock scale install, the ship always enters an unrecoverable tumble part way through re-entry. I've only tested re-entering from LKO, but both shallow and steep entry trajectories seem to cause this loss of control. Any ideas?

13 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

@damonvv Just wanted to draw your attention to this. There are some really nice renders in there - it appears the cargo variant's bay has got bigger.

Also, unrelated, but is anyone else having trouble with Starship re-entry? In my 2.5x stock scale install, the ship always enters an unrecoverable tumble part way through re-entry. I've only tested re-entering from LKO, but both shallow and steep entry trajectories seem to cause this loss of control. Any ideas?

Timewarp is deadly and you really need minimal input on controls with SAS on.

As for the pdf, I have no real intention to update my Starship for this version of KSP. Atm I’m focusing on making Dragon better.

18 hours ago, alberro+ said:

I know that modular launchpads already has a SpaceX-esque crew arm, but I just wanted to ask if a crew arm would fit into this mod? Probably not, but it's fun to think about.

There is a “Rodan” crew arm coming to ML soon. I’m not sure if he already released it but it’s already available on his Github

Edited by damonvv

4 hours ago, VoidCosmos said:

@damonvv are you working on version 1.8? Just curious

Yes but very slowly. I am currently working from home but that does mean that my personal computer is not always plugged into my rig during the week so progress is slow.. hopefully I will have some pictures this weekend!

On 4/1/2020 at 4:45 AM, damonvv said:

Timewarp is deadly and you really need minimal input on controls with SAS on.

As for the pdf, I have no real intention to update my Starship for this version of KSP. Atm I’m focusing on making Dragon better.

There is a “Rodan” crew arm coming to ML soon. I’m not sure if he already released it but it’s already available on his Github

On 4/1/2020 at 9:49 AM, alberro+ said:

There is? Interesting.

Yep, I've converted what was the Alternate 2 style of my new Large General Crew Arm into the new Rodan Crew Arm, to be used with the Shuttle FSS Tower in the black&white color option:

HPv1WRT.png

It's called the "Rodan" Crew Arm since it's not an exact replica of the actual SpaceX Crew Dragon arm, so I didn't name it after that. :D 

10 hours ago, damonvv said:

Yes but very slowly. I am currently working from home but that does mean that my personal computer is not always plugged into my rig during the week so progress is slow.. hopefully I will have some pictures this weekend!

Oh great! No problem. I understand