[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

10 minutes ago, VoidCosmos said:

Oh so where did you get the launch errector?

Tundra comes with its own launch erectors for LC-39A and LC-40 (I think?)

On the subject for launch erectors, It'd be cool to see SLC-4E implemented into Tundra's Space Center.

for those of us who have had black textures (with Texture Unlimited etc), I found out some things, and I thought I could share these in case someone is looking for it:

-In KSP settings render quality needs to be set to "Good" or higher for PBR to work correctly, as well as "reflections" not set to off (or so I have read in this forum, I haven't personally tested this).

-As performance on my little laptop only allows a maximum rendering quality of "Fast" without slowing to a halt while looking at Kerbin, I renamed the TundraExploration\Plugin\SootyShaderLoader.dll to SootyShaderLoader.dllold to disable the shaders. And with this I can enjoy the basic textures (not blackness) again without performance losses.

14 minutes ago, Janus92 said:

for those of us who have had black textures (with Texture Unlimited etc), I found out some things, and I thought I could share these in case someone is looking for it:

-In KSP settings render quality needs to be set to "Good" or higher for PBR to work correctly, as well as "reflections" not set to off (or so I have read in this forum, I haven't personally tested this).

-As performance on my little laptop only allows a maximum rendering quality of "Fast" without slowing to a halt while looking at Kerbin, I renamed the TundraExploration\Plugin\SootyShaderLoader.dll to SootyShaderLoader.dllold to disable the shaders. And with this I can enjoy the basic textures (not blackness) again without performance losses.

Or you could uninstall Textures Unlimited ;)

6 minutes ago, Janus92 said:

It's that simple? Yeah makes sense..:confused: Somehow I thought TU was required for a basic functioning craft when I downloaded it. LOL.

Great work though! I'm having a lot of fun!

Not really, I just need the shader for it to look good haha

I got an error stating that B9PartSwitch had run into a "Fatal Error", that the tank "LM" didn't exist. After removing the LM and the LMox configs from the Extra_B9tanks config, it worked, but because the F9 and starship both use methane as their fuel, they are now inoperable. Any fixes?

1 hour ago, Kev1n8088 said:

I got an error stating that B9PartSwitch had run into a "Fatal Error", that the tank "LM" didn't exist. After removing the LM and the LMox configs from the Extra_B9tanks config, it worked, but because the F9 and starship both use methane as their fuel, they are now inoperable. Any fixes?

I can't help you with that B9PartSwitch Error without further information, but F9 and Starship using Methalox is probably because of the Extra_MethaloxEngine.cfg Patch that gets applied if you ether have CryoTanks or/and RationalResources installed

Tundra Exploration v1.7.2 is out with some minor changes:

- Updated to KSP 1.9.x
- Removed 2 windows on Rodan
- Added red Tundra logo on Ghidorah
- Updated soot texture on Ghidorah
- Added !RealFuels to the NEEDS..

Download link in the OP!

I hope to pick up the pace again and finish my Ghidorah first stage revamp for the raceways etc and hopefully some IVA changes to Rodan.

ZN9HlpL.png

Happy launches!

Do you have any kOS script for the reusable rockets? For the stock version of ksp.. and btw i cannot load the ships :/ if i click load nothing happen..

Edited by Eras

16 hours ago, ValiZockt said:

I can't help you with that B9PartSwitch Error without further information, but F9 and Starship using Methalox is probably because of the Extra_MethaloxEngine.cfg Patch that gets applied if you ether have CryoTanks or/and RationalResources installed

Eh, doesn't matter. I edited the configs for the for B9 Parts Switch to included lqd methane and LMOx. Not the most elegant solution, but it works. 

I might have messed up the zip file. Will upload a new one later today! You can use the master on github if things are not really working! (So far the only bug is the new texture)