[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

3 minutes ago, damonvv said:

I have no intention to make any IVA for starship

Nope not a IVA just a recolour of the main capsule skin , the outside bit , in stainless with no black bit lol .

Edited by Puggonaut 2

13 hours ago, damonvv said:

I might have messed up the zip file. Will upload a new one later today! You can use the master on github if things are not really working! (So far the only bug is the new texture)

Things are looking fine for me, also, what texture?

On 2/18/2020 at 10:44 PM, Elro2k said:

Does anyone have a good ascent profile for the Starship / Superheavy using mechjeb and FMRS? I figured out how to land my starship I just can't get the ascent / boost back / landing down for superheavy. Currently I'm using a classic ascent with all of the default configurations for turn and angle of attack. I don't seem to have much control over the booster when I separate though so I might just need to do a more steeper angle. I also seem to loose control over super heavy once its reentering the thicker part of the atmosphere. It likes to flip a lot. 

At what velocity should I start my gravity turn? How steep should my gravity turn be?

How much Delta V should I have for my boost back and landing?

At what altitude should I separate superheavy from starship?

Do you know how to land it?

Would you mind please telling me how to do it? I barely have enough info in the guide! My ship keeps flipping over :(

Speaking of the first stage revamp, I may have misremembered, but were you planning to separate the Octoweb into a cluster for separate Merlins? I've always thought this would play nicer with part failure mods. But have there even been engine failures on Falcon IRL?

Also, happy scrub day

Just now, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Have there even been engine failures on Falcon IRL?

Also, happy scrub day

Two of them, actually. The first one was on the first flight of a Falcon 9, which one of the engines literally blew up on ascent, and the other failure was on the latest Starlink mission, which also had a failure during ascent.

1 minute ago, alberro+ said:

Two of them, actually. The first one was on the first flight of a Falcon 9, which one of the engines literally blew up on ascent, and the other failure was on the latest Starlink mission, which also had a failure during ascent.

It was actually the fourth flight of the Falcon 9 which had the engine failure, that was the first operational commercial resupply mission though

Just now, DylanSemrau said:

It was actually the fourth flight of the Falcon 9 which had the engine failure, that was the first operational commercial resupply mission though

Sorry, I phrased it wrong. I meant to say that it was the first operational flight of F9.

4 hours ago, Tonas1997 said:

Can anything be done about the SuperDracos having a ridiculous spool-up time, or is it a game limitation?

I don't recall Rodan having a spool-up time. Mine is always instantaneous.

21 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Speaking of the first stage revamp, I may have misremembered, but were you planning to separate the Octoweb into a cluster for separate Merlins? I've always thought this would play nicer with part failure mods. But have there even been engine failures on Falcon IRL?

Also, happy scrub day

Ah yes, I encountered so many problems that I let it sit on the side for a bit. The Merlin 1D is pretty much done but the octaweb is still something weird to figure out (Especially with the turbo pump exhaust and the cutouts of those.
Might look into it again soon

6 hours ago, Tonas1997 said:

Can anything be done about the SuperDracos having a ridiculous spool-up time, or is it a game limitation?

You must have an RO mod or stray RO patch making mischief.

On 5/25/2020 at 11:28 AM, infinite_monkey said:

does it conflict with RR?

Nope.

On 5/28/2020 at 12:04 AM, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Speaking of the first stage revamp, I may have misremembered, but were you planning to separate the Octoweb into a cluster for separate Merlins? I've always thought this would play nicer with part failure mods.

Agreed, but on the other hand, it increases part count unnecessarily. This should be optional.

9 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

Agreed, but on the other hand, it increases part count unnecessarily. This should be optional.

Yes, just optional. You will not have the nice plumes which was also a bottleneck for me as I care more about the looks rather than being more modular. But I’ll see what I can do

On 5/27/2020 at 4:04 PM, SpaceFace545 said:

the starship or booster?

It's the starship landing, it keeps flipping over when reaching certain drag! I don't know what to do for that not to happen. And no idea of how to precise landing with the starship...

How do you do it? 

28 minutes ago, adriangm44 said:

It's the starship landing, it keeps flipping over when reaching certain drag! I don't know what to do for that not to happen. And no idea of how to precise landing with the starship...

How do you do it? 

Keep the fins folded the entire time till 4000 metres. I use mechjeb's smart ass to keep the starships heading and roll the same and I set the pitch to 30, then I lower it 25. The lower the pitch the less lift so you can "fly it". once you are slower than 1000 m/s and at 4000 metres use the front fins and rcs to flip the starship, once it is flipped unfold the back fins and then it will be stable. Then finally land with both sets of engines. hope this helps

6 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Keep the fins folded the entire time till 4000 metres. I use mechjeb's smart ass to keep the starships heading and roll the same and I set the pitch to 30, then I lower it 25. The lower the pitch the less lift so you can "fly it". once you are slower than 1000 m/s and at 4000 metres use the front fins and rcs to flip the starship, once it is flipped unfold the back fins and then it will be stable. Then finally land with both sets of engines. hope this helps

That was great! It worked perfectly fine and I could even precise landing. Thank you!!!

It'd be great to have all the numbers... I'm still lacking of some like how much fuel do I need at least to make it to the ground. Cause when I do the orbital refueling I don't exactly know when to stop cause if I don't it'll transfer all the fuell and one of the ships won't make it to the ground. So I'd be so useful to have that data. Do you know about any of these?

Hi! i have some problem with the craft file, i can only fly the starship/gojira, can't load every craft file that has ghidora in it. Every time I tried to load the craft nothing happened, in VAB or launchpad. Already install all dependencies and reinstall tundra mod. I'm using Tundra Exploration from GitHub.

22 minutes ago, adriangm44 said:

That was great! It worked perfectly fine and I could even precise landing. Thank you!!!

It'd be great to have all the numbers... I'm still lacking of some like how much fuel do I need at least to make it to the ground. Cause when I do the orbital refueling I don't exactly know when to stop cause if I don't it'll transfer all the fuell and one of the ships won't make it to the ground. So I'd be so useful to have that data. Do you know about any of these?

I can launch refuel around Kerbin and land on the mun and go back to Kerbin and land. I use it as a ferry between Kerbin and my mun station. I just wish there was a proper Iva for it

Edited by SpaceFace545

22 minutes ago, Keblinger said:

Hi! i have some problem with the craft file, i can only fly the starship/gojira, can't load every craft file that has ghidora in it. Every time I tried to load the craft nothing happened, in VAB or launchpad. Already install all dependencies and reinstall tundra mod. I'm using Tundra Exploration from GitHub.

Usually KSP gives an error as of why you can’t open it. Did you get any?

12 hours ago, damonvv said:

Usually KSP gives an error as of why you can’t open it. Did you get any?

Nope. just nothing happened.
I already fixed it, it seems 1-16 lines of the craft file there's an error. I don't know what but when I copy and paste the part lines thing from F9 craft into new empty craft file then it loaded.
Thanks, mate.

27 minutes ago, Keblinger said:

Nope. just nothing happened.
I already fixed it, it seems 1-16 lines of the craft file there's an error. I don't know what but when I copy and paste the part lines thing from F9 craft into new empty craft file then it loaded.
Thanks, mate.

That's interesting.. I will take a peek

Very cool mod. 

However I'm having an issue with the mk4 rear actuators. I have the latest version of the mod, game, and all dependencies installed.  

The actuators don't function. No movement, no aerodynamic control. Right click reveals a menu with attitude control toggles that yield no changes. However the deploy toggle, and deploy angle selector do work. 

What am I doing wrong? 

Thank you. 

Edited to add additional information: 

If I attach a control point oriented dorsally the actuators function with respect to roll and yaw, pitch however is still unresponsive.

Edited by Superluminaut
Additional information

On 4/25/2020 at 4:27 PM, damonvv said:

Drop it like it's hot

88Zeu0G.png

UGgL9wr.png

FS9QvKA.png

Is the tower from Modular Launch Pads or a future Tundra update? Loving the shots!

Edit: I found it, nevermind

Edited by Emilius73