StarMods:  DoubleDouble!

SQUAD

I am very unhappy with this community right now. Given the choice between A) being happy for a fellow KSP player who is trying to provide content for others to enjoy, and B) attacking him/her in a harsh and personal way, most posters in this thread chose option B. Those posts have been removed. It is possible to provide feedback, even critical feedback, without being nasty about it. 

Ok since my last post was too harsh for the mods, ill tone it down quite a bit, and shorten it a bit too.
Things to do for the mod( and @SamBelanger):
1. improve them rocky textures. higher resolution and less reliance on pqs would be good, and remember not to use noise for height, as it breaks a bit.
2. Fix the map views, such as the overkill levels of brightness on planets, as they look really monochromatic. make it a lower scaledspace level.
3. use sigma binary. it will help with a lot of problems.
4. ring gaps and not just a plain gradient. will help a lot with how it looks.
5. eve+scatter: obviously will help.
6. a better logo, that looks more professional, and less square.
7. Description fixes. maybe have someone do these for you, as some of the grammar is off(I assume your main language is most likely french? correct me if im wrong.)

Things for StarMods(recommendations/suggestions obviously):
1.I don't recommend having people who ask be able to be starmods. have it so if it gains lots of popularity, it will be noticed by squad.
2. I recomend giving more detail than just than one sentence.

Hope this works better!

Posts about moderation policy have now also been removed from this thread, because they are off-topic here. Please keep the discussion in this thread focused on the subject of this thread. 

StarMods are merely things which we hope will be of interest to our forum members. There are no prizes involved. You do not gain anything if your content is selected, and you do not lose anything if someone else's content is selected. Sometimes, the selection is even made whimsically. It's just for fun. If you do not like the content that was selected, that's fine. But either be happy for the person featured, or simply skip to the next thread, because tearing down the person who has been selected benefits no one. 

7 hours ago, Cabbink said:

Ok since my last post was too harsh for the mods, ill tone it down quite a bit, and shorten it a bit too.
Things to do for the mod( and @SamBelanger):
1. improve them rocky textures. higher resolution and less reliance on pqs would be good, and remember not to use noise for height, as it breaks a bit.
2. Fix the map views, such as the overkill levels of brightness on planets, as they look really monochromatic. make it a lower scaledspace level.
3. use sigma binary. it will help with a lot of problems.
4. ring gaps and not just a plain gradient. will help a lot with how it looks.
5. eve+scatter: obviously will help.
6. a better logo, that looks more professional, and less square.
7. Description fixes. maybe have someone do these for you, as some of the grammar is off(I assume your main language is most likely french? correct me if im wrong.)

Things for StarMods(recommendations/suggestions obviously):
1.I don't recommend having people who ask be able to be starmods. have it so if it gains lots of popularity, it will be noticed by squad.
2. I recomend giving more detail than just than one sentence.

Hope this works better!

You're right I need to improve her! :wink:

(Yes I am French speaking)

6 hours ago, The Cuttlefish Empire said:

Apologies, any further posts here will be on topic.

I accept an apology with pleasure :wink:

Edited by SamBelanger

I'm co-owner, all credit though for the first release goes to @SamBelanger

https://github.com/SamBelanger/DoubleDouble/blob/master/LICENSE

On 10/27/2017 at 11:02 PM, Cabbink said:

7. Description fixes.

I, the native English-Speaking co-owner, am working on it. I suggest you got to the Discord.:wink:

On 10/27/2017 at 11:02 PM, Cabbink said:

6. a better logo

The logo I made is in my sig.

Edited by Mrcarrot

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.