[1.12.x] Near Future Props - prop assets for IVA developers (August 8th)

Nertea

KSP 1.12.x 

Near Future Props [0.7.1] 
Last Updated August 8, 2021

W9kMgLq.png

This is something rather different than my other "products". It's a set of props designed for use in creating IVAs and is really of no use for your average user. That's why it's in Addon Development.

Unlike say, ASET props, this set is more designed to extend stock props and be used for decorations rather than interactive functionality. I hope it will be helpful in increasing people's IVA work velocity and removing some pain. Currently most of the props are station-focused, but there are enough bits that they can be used in many other situations.

What's in the box?

• Hatches: A number of prop hatches
  • Seats: several seat types, from pilot seats to fold-up wall seats
  • Science: lab equipment, including beakers, microscopes, lasers, etc
  • Cameras: various handheld cameras
  • Habitation: A number of hab-focused props like beds, tables, whiteboards, lockers, fans, radios...
  • Cargo: Some general cargo props including re-exported versions of the stock cargo bags
  • Payload Racks: A bunch of props vaguely based on the ISS payload rack concept. Some frames, plus many things to go in said frames
  • Lighting: A few different models of light
  • Food: Really should be called "Coffee"
  • Rails and Ladders: Handholds and ladder components
  • Console pieces: Some props that can be used to create flight consoles
  • Computers: A few actual computer bits, like laptops, screens, keyboards and the like
  • Static Screens:  Flat screen planes with a number of designs, like engineering readouts and orbital displays. And SimFarm.
  • Paper: A bunch of various paper labels and props, like clipboards, notebooks and manuals
  • RPM Assets: Some props have RPM versions, specifically the MFD screens. This support will only be enabled with RPM installed though.

The full current list is here. You can check out the following screenshot gallery for a general glimpse at the props, though it is by no means complete. 

Screenshot Gallery

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Do you have RPM support?
A: Some props have support. Not all of them.

Q: Add xxxx please!
A: No.

Licensing

• All assets are distributed under a CC-NC-SA-4.0 License
  • Artwork for the Posters prop set is courtesy of @DiscoSlelge

Download
    Locations  

Primary (GitHub)

Issue Tracking and Source

Edited by Nertea

• 1 month later...

A new release of NFProps is available

• Fixed export layer of rack props
  • Adjusted some MFD textures
  • Adjusted a few broken pivots on some props
  • Some props now have animations (Lights: Prop_Light_On, Racks: PropAnimate)
  • New Poster prop set courtesy of soldat_du_discotheque
  • New Labels prop set - lit labels for labelling things
  • New Sockets prop set - electrical, USB and network sockets
    New round and conference table props
  • New habitation props - pillows and sanitary station door
  • New internal cabin door prop

• 5 weeks later...

Stockalike Station Parts has not been, presumably due to your stated intent to deprecate it.  I just downloaded it today, and don't see a way to update the included version .2.0 of this package to .2.1.  Should I just disable MiniAVC?

EDIT: Can confirm that works, as does installing the beta build of the successor mod.

Edited by Commander Zoom

15 hours ago, Commander Zoom said:

Stockalike Station Parts has not been, presumably due to your stated intent to deprecate it.  I just downloaded it today, and don't see a way to update the included version .2.0 of this package to .2.1.  Should I just disable MiniAVC?

EDIT: Can confirm that works, as does installing the beta build of the successor mod.

There's a download in the OP if you really care a lot. The improvements are irrelevant to anything currently in the releases forum though.

• 2 weeks later...

I released 0.3.0!

• All animatable props now animate thanks to custom prop module
  • Minor fixes to many props
  • Fixed export of Rack Glovebox prop
  • New prop set - Gym, includes stationary bike, treadmill, free weights and gym mats
  • New prop set - Plants, includes potato, tomato and kale plants, potato and tomato props, as well as hydroponic planters and a flowerpot
  • New prop set - Tanks, includes wall mounted and simple cylinder gas tanks, with O2, N2, H2O, generic explosive, generic flammable and generic poisonous versions
  • New rack props - Work bench, drawer, server w/drive bays, power distribution station, power monitor science gadget, data logger science gadget

• 2 weeks later...

If I may point out what confounded me in downloading this for a number of days.
On the Github primary download site, under "Assets", I find Source Code. And Source Code.
I have since found that the Souce Code zip does appear to hold the compiled stuff to pour into Game Data.
If that was explained there someplace, I apologize, I must have missed that (happesn, as I'm visually challenged).NFP.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First Error out of the box.

Using Stockalike Station (Current Version is 1.0.4 for 1.42) and the station props  this latest version 0.3.3 for 1.4.3) and it gives me the warning to please use 1.4.2 (As I have 1.4.3 installed)

I think this is an issue as the stockalike parts are not updated (yet)

Just an observation. 

SPace_Coyote

• 2 weeks later...

This is beautiful stuff man! I am just getting around to trying this out and hope to put something in space over the weekend. Another thanks of all your time and hard work. 

Edited by Castille7

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.